Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
RIP.jpg

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well this was a fun GM game!

I blame Jim Balsille for this game going down hill!

I got a Kings ransom when the truth was aside from Columbus there wasn't much interest!

Bring on GM game #5

I enjoy these and since My Hawks are done I need something in my life that isn't work!

Dibs on Blackhawks when it happens!

ESY16

Aug 8, 2006
Canon City, CO
www.geocities.com
I can still run a draft if we wanted to keep this going. If we are just starting a new one then let me know how I can help. In terms of rules for the future I think 2 main things will help:

1. Make the draft the first thing you do. Give about a day before you do the draft so that people can make trades but then get the draft done early. Then have a period of 2-3 days to re-sign UFAs and RFAs before heading to free agency.

2. Completely disallow the trading of UFA rights. It is rare enough that realistically it doesn't happen enough to be as big a factor in these games as it is. This makes things more interesting once FA comes around. This does mean though that agents need to not be strict when allowing FAs to re-sign.

As for trading, I think that there needs to be a system to disallow unbalanced/unrealistic trades. The thing I probably hate the most is when an FA games turns into "Who can make the biggest trade." I pretty much stop caring at that point because it doesn't matter what kind of roster you build.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With the help of the Delorean I have travelled back in time to select a women for the babe draft!

Diana.jpg

Jane Badler ------------- Diana from V!

Just for some more nostalgia!
v.jpg

Most badass Scifi in history V and V: The Final Battle for all you that never seen them!

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
What the **** did you people do? You murdered the game? You quit? You retired...**** all that.

Who is still onboard, or is whoever is "in charge" of this thing call it quits too?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I actually blame Hollywood and Gongshow!

They hijacked game, Then we all joined in because everyone stop everthing. I on the other hand have completed a trade in that time!

GM game #5 has to have a trade committee or some strong trade person because after my trade (The finest in GM game history) the rest of game went down hill!

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
:bolts acquire, sign big Knuble

103899_feature.jpg

Earlier today Tampa Bay acquired the rights to soon to be UFA forward Mike Knuble from the Philadelphia Flyers, in exchange for prospect right winger Matt Marshall.

The Lightning have now signed Knuble, to a 3 year deal worth $4 million per season. The deal includes a full no movement clause.

"We're very excited to add such a big powerful forward like Mike to our lineup. He was number one on our most wanted list heading into the off-season. We love his size, experience and goal scoring ability and we feel he will provide our club with a ton of grit and leadership. Mike has an impressive resume and proven success with some great centers throughout his career, from Joe Thornton to Peter Forsberg and Mike Richards in Philadelphia. We fully expect him to be a perfect match on our top line with Lecavalier and Prospal."

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
And for the record, if anyone needs me to help do anything extra to keep this game going, send me a PM we'll make it work.

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
:bolts re-sign recently acquired Woywitka

Tampa Bay has re-signed recently acquired defenseman Jeff Woywitka to a two year deal worth $1.65 million, a deal that will count .825k against the cap.

"In acquiring Jeff, we saw a chance to get a guy who is a former 1st round draft pick that struggled for a few years but has steadily improved over the years, and we feel he is a solid, affordable addition to our blueline, especially when you consider Lukas Krajicek was demanding more than what we feel he was worth which is why we sent him on his way to St. Louis."

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
:bolts

Lightning looking to move defenseman Mike Lundin. Also forwards Martins Karsums, Brandon Bochenski, Radim Vrbata and Adam Hall are all available.

Recently acquired forwards Frans Nielsen and Brad Richardson, as well as defenseman Jeff Woywitka may be available for the right price as well.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
:handclap:

Toronto trades Tomas Kaberle and the 7th overall pick to Columbus for

rick-nash.jpg

Rick Nash and the 16th overall pick!

Columbus confirms.

It was a hard decision to trade Rick, but with the emergence of Nikita Filatov and Jakub Voracek, we felt that this was the right time to use Rick to address defensive issues.

With Kaberle in the fold, and the addition of Jovanovski, we now feel we have the makings of one of the leagues best defenses, while still having the firepower to score plenty of goals.

We would also like to announce that Michael peca has been named the new captain of the Blue Jackets

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Columbus confirms.

It was a hard decision to trade Rick, but with the emergence of Nikita Filatov and Jakub Voracek, we felt that this was the right time to use Rick to address defensive issues.

With Kaberle in the fold, and the addition of Jovanovski, we now feel we have the makings of one of the leagues best defenses, while still having the firepower to score plenty of goals.

We would also like to announce that Michael peca has been named the new captain of the Blue Jackets

Nash would have looked good alongside Bailey and Okoposo! Why didn't you give me chance to counter offer? Are you that angry over losing out for #1 pick :sarcasm:

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
Is anybody willing to run the draft at some point tommorow?

If so, we could open the market and the game would start going again. I think I already proved that the GMs are still active, we just need to get over that bump.

Devils Pride 26

BrickCityHockey*****
Jan 12, 2008
NJ
Florida and Edmonton have agreed on a trade. The trade has been sent to Big Bro.. er IR4. Word has it there is a goalie on the move.

edit: just messing with you ir4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad