FA Game #4 by Bingo, HC, and IR4

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:wild

Excited to be running the Wild, this is one of the few teams i haven't GMed yet.

Looking to get in some trade talks, we have some cap space to play with and a few players that can be shopped (most can at least be discussed).

Harding- An affordable young 1a/1b. Would deal him to help get a #2C, or a couple good picks/prospects, or a prospect G + a pick/player
Shepherd- Looking for a similar project Forward or a good pick (or in a package for a #2C)
Barker- Good young D-man, but is expandable to fill a need (Top 2/3 Stay-at-home D, #2C, etc..) Won't 'sell him for parts' so to speak.
Schultz- Willing to sell "at a discount" to get a cheaper D option or a bottom 6er
Meittenen- Can be dealt for a LW of comparable value/price
Kobasew- Can be shopped to get a Top 6 C/LW, or a pretty good prospect/pick. Would love to keep him but too strong on the Right side
ALL UFA rights- Yes i know i wont get much for them, nor am i asking for much of anything (save for Nolan), but if anyone wants a jump on the market

Others can also be discussed. As for Pick #9, I'll likely keep it, but could go UP or DOWN. Going up I'd want in the Top 6 if the price is fair but not steep, going down i'd look to get a pick in the #15-25 range + a good young player or #2C or high pick. To trade the pick outright i'd need a really good player/package coming back.

NEEDS: #2 C, #1/2 RW Depth wingers

Last edited:

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
The Washington Capitals are still looking for a 1st pairing defenceman and a 2nd line center.

Players like Alex Semin, Tomas Fleischmann, Jeff Schultz, Tom Poti, Michal Neuvirth and most my picks and prospects are available.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
ryan.jpg

The Anaheim Ducks would like to announce the re-singing of forward Bobby Ryan to a 6 year contract worth $30M.

"We are very happy to have Bobby as a part of our core group going forward for at least the next 6 years. Along with Getzlaf and Perry we feel we have the basis of one of the best forward groups in the NHL, both now and in the future."

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
The Ducks are looking to add some defensive help, preferably in the form of a solid, shutdown player.

Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan and Hiller are all untouchable.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
Calgary is shopping Rene Bourque, Matt Stajan, Daymond Langkow and Ales Kotalik, please make inquiries.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:sabres

The Buffalo Sabres have made a trade with the Calgary Flames. Going to Calgary are Tim Connolly, Drew Stafford, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Nathan Gerbe and a 2011 2nd round draft pick, and coming to Buffalo are Rene Bourque and Ian White.

"We are pleased to have added two quality guys in Rene and Ian. Rene is a goal-scoring forward who we feel will fit in well here in Buffalo, while Ian will add a nice offensive option from the blueline. While we feel that we gave up quite a bit in Tim, Drew, Marc-Andre and Nathan, along with the 2nd, we feel that we received two players who will be great contributors to our club going forward."

The Sabres are still taking offers for Jochen Hecht and Andrej Sekera.

Players/prospects/picks that are off the table are as follows: Thomas Vanek, Jason Pominville, Tyler Ennis, Paul Gaustad, Tyler Myers, Ryan Miller, Zack Kassian, 2010 1st (unless to move up or in a package for a #1 centre)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
:flyers
Resigned RFA's:
Braydon Coburn- $1,750,000 for 1 Year
Ryan Parent- $875,000 for 1 Year
Dan Carcillo- Qualified
Jonathan Matsumto- Qualified
Darroll Powe- Qualified

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Available from Nashville

C Jason Arnott (NMC) (Would need to be a contender)
RW JP Dumont (NMC) (Would need to be a contender)
D/F Wade Belak
our prospects + picks

Untouchables
Rinne , Suter , Weber and Wilson

Looking for offensive top 6 guys

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

The Philadelphia Flyers are now listening to offers for Matt Carle. We are not looking to take back much salary and are looking for a 1st Round Pick in the deal.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Columbus just got rocked IMO. Moore is going to be great, to lose him and Mason is steep.

Moore had a sup par season in the OHL. He is probably my 2nd best D prospect at the moment. Even if he turns it to be a star it does not matter to CLB imo, Columbus has been looking for a number 1 centermen for years and they finally have one. Look at teams like Edmonton, Toronto who have been looking for a number 1 center for years and they just dont come. They dont grow on trees and I am happy to pay the price to get one. Niemi just won the Stanley cup for christ sakes, not the best goalie in the league so hopefully I can find a capable starter and load up my offense and defense and make CLB a better team

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
LA-PIT complete trade

To PIT: David Drewiske
To LA: Rob Bortuzzo and the rights to Gonchar and Cooke

Pittsburgh is pleased to bring in a young stay at home D man like DD, and his contract is gold for us.

We've also made 2 other trades that involve NTC's so we're waiting to hear back on those.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
To PIT: David Drewiske
To LA: Rob Bortuzzo and the rights to Gonchar and Cooke

Pittsburgh is pleased to bring in a young stay at home D man like DD, and his contract is gold for us.

We've also made 2 other trades that involve NTC's so we're waiting to hear back on those.

Confirmed.
:)

:kings
We feel that although it could be quite a risk, that both Sergei Gonchar and Matt Cooke would be perfect fits for the Los Angeles Kings. This could be a risky move, as they may be giving away Drewiske for free if neither of them plan to sign for the Kings.

Oh well, there would still be Rob Bortuzzo.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Resigned RFA's:
Braydon Coburn- $1,750,000 for 1 Year
Ryan Parent- $875,000 for 1 Year
Dan Carcillo- Qualified
Jonathan Matsumto- Qualified
Darroll Powe- Qualified

How you consistently get that or a similar contract for Coburn boggles my mind. Did no one notice he played 25:00/night on a cup finalist? Guy is a legitimate #3 d-man at worst. Anyway....

Thrashers sign
Bryan Little- 6 years 3.25 million.
Pavelec- 2 years 1.5 million.
Bergfors- 3 years 2.2 million.
General McArthur- 2 years 1.5 million

Last edited:

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:leafs

Leafs resign Kulemin

8473579.jpg

The Toronto Maple Leafs announced this evening that they have resigned restricted free agent forward Nikolai Kulemin to a 3 year, 7.2M$ contract.

"We ended up giving more than we initially had thought, but found that we could reach a good compromise." Leafs GM TribalPhoenix released in a statement tonight.

"We see Nikolai being a key part of our future, and we're thrilled to have him back in the blue and white fold."

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Atlanta is shopping Todd White, Peverely, Bergfors, Oduya, NJDs 1st and 2nd for a first line forward and some good second liners. In the right package, 8th overall could be available. Ideal forwards will be under 26. We can also take overpaid garbage if it lowers the ultimate cost to us.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
:kings ACQUIRE NEAL, GROSSMAN AND BESKOROWANY
article_23927_2.jpg

In a trade completed late last night, the Los Angeles Kings added a key part to the young team in James Neal, who has been excellent so far for the Dallas Stars in his time.

"We feel that James has plenty of potential to be a first line winger, he can hit, score and has a superb shot." said Kings GM Dean Lombardi.

The entire deal went like this, the Dallas Stars acquired young defenseman Jack Johnson and young goaltender Jonathan Bernier, it was publicly stated that either Quick or Bernier was gonna go, but GM Lombardi had no second thoughts on acquiring these players. The Kings got James Neal, defenseman Nicklas Grossman and prospect goaltender Tyler Beskorowany.

"We are going to re-sign both James and Nicklas, as they are both excellent young players who have plenty of potential."

Both Neal and Grossman are up and coming Restricted Free Agents.

We wish Jack and Jonathan best of luck in Dallas.

Dallas finally confirms this deal.

Hate to give up two key young players in Neal and Grossman, as well as Besko, but we feel we were in need of a strong offensive presence on the back end, and Jack Johnson has all the tools to become that player for us. Add arguably the top goalie prospet in the league in Bernier, and the Stars are very happy with this deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad