FA Game #3

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
Also, I agree with Canad, the team looks very solid, provided Bertuzzi and Gaborik stay healthy/play well. But I don't think either of us are catching Washington for the division.

I know this Russian guy who can take care of it so we both win the division, I just have to give him back Hayden;)

But seriously, the Southwest looks pretty legit IMO. I think my defense is 10x better than Washington they just have sooooo much firepower.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I know this Russian guy who can take care of it so we both win the division, I just have to give him back Hayden;)

But seriously, the Southwest looks pretty legit IMO. I think my defense is 10x better than Washington they just have sooooo much firepower.

Yeah, it is kinda like Pittsburgh destroying Carolina right now, Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Staal, Sykora, Guerin, Satan, Gonchar, Gogo, and Letang is just too much firepower. With that said his cap space is ****ed.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
:edmonton

The Edmonton Oilers are most likely done with there team unless a trade offer comes up that they cant pass up.

Pominville - Horcoff - Hemsky
O'Sullivan - Gagner - Kovalev
Kotalik - Cogliano - Pisani
Mayers - Brodziak - Stortini

Souray - Tallinder
Grebeshkov - Visnovsky
Chorney - Smid

Giguere
Deslauriers

The Oilers brought in Giguere, Pominville, Kovalev, Tallinder and Mayers this offseason. All though they did lose Tom Gilbert, Ethan Moreau, Dwayne Roloson, Rob Schremp, Robert Nilsson and Steve Staios. I feel this offseason the Edmonton Oilers got a whole lot stronger for this year and for many years to come. With Giguere we have found a true number 1 goalie who has proven to show that he is an all star goalie from time to time. Pominville and Kovalev help the offence a lot and I feel the Oilers are a team that can contend for the cup right now and for a lot of years to come. Hemsky also gets a chance to play with a better line mate in Pominville that can keep up to his speed and has tons of skill. We also improved our faceoff winning % by brining in Mayers who can win those key faceoffs for us when needed. Our PK has also improved by bringing in Mayers and Tallinder can shut down a lot of the big players which prevents them from scoring on us.

ESY16

Aug 8, 2006
Canon City, CO
www.geocities.com
Darcy Tucker has cleared waivers. If somebody wants him for half of his salary I will send him up through re-entry waivers.

The Avalanche are still very interested in landing a Top 6 LW and a Top 4 D.

ESY16

Aug 8, 2006
Canon City, CO
www.geocities.com
Avalanche Sign Promising Young Goalie

The Colorado Avalanche today agreed to terms with RFA goalie Josh Harding. The Avalanche acquired Harding in a pre-draft trade with Minnesota. They signed the goalie to a 2 year, $3.5 million contract. Harding is expected to be the Avalanche starter for next year.

The Avalanche management is pleased to have Josh on board and excited to see what he can do in a starting role. Goaltending was an issue last year for the Avs, but with Harding now in Colorado and Budaj as capable back-up, the Avalanche feel that they have addressed their biggest concern from last season. Amid rumors of an offer-sheet, the Avalanche would like to thank Josh and his agent for accepting their offer instead of trying to sign with another team.

HighLifeManIsHigh

McDave is a loser lol
Feb 27, 2006
Flames Sign Jason Williams

The Calgary Flames have signed Jason Williams to a 2 year contract worth $5 million ($2.5 million per).​

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Trade to announce

To Columbus - Brian Campbell

To Chicago - Fredrick Modin, Matt Calvert

78684365.jpg

"We would like to welcome Campbell, and his contract, to Columbus. We feel Campbell is the type of player the Bluejackets need to succeed. Our power play last year was brutal. Getting Campbell will make our power play so much better."

Our line-up now looks like this.

Nash-xxxx-Voracek
Filatov-Brassard-Huselius
Umberger-Vermette-xxxx
Boll-Murray-Dorsett

Hejda-Kubina
Campbell-Commodore
Tyutin-Klesa

Mason
xxxx

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
PHOENIX (not Hamilton) COYOTES​
logocoyotes.jpg

The Coyotes hope to make one more big splash in free agency but, if the season started today, we'd line up like this:

Doan - Zubruis - Mueller
Prucha - Lombardi - Upshall
Afinogenov - Turris - Boedker
Clark - Hanzal - Tikhonov

Foster - Lydman
Sauer - Yandle
Michalek - Picard

Bryzgalov

Key acquisitions
Chris Clark, RW, from Washington -- Health has been a concern the past two years, but Chris's speed fits right in with what we're trying to build here. He also brings veteran leadership. Our biggest hole last year was a lack of forwards who were rock solid in our own zone and kiling penalties. Chris fits the bill in both of those categories. We expect him to return to form and be good for 40+ points, and take up residence in front of the net as he loves to do, another hole in our game last year.

Danius Zubruis, C, from New Jersey -- Like Clark, Zubruis plays a solid two-way game and is a proven 40-50+ point guy. He's big, another thing we lacked last year, and is solid in the faceoff circle. That was also a huge problem for us, especially on the power play where we expect Danius to see plenty of time for us in 2009-10.

Maxim Afinigenov, RW, from Buffalo -- When you think Maxim, you think speed. And he'll finally be skating on a team where his speed is matched and, in some cases, surpassed by those skating with him. Brings size and 40-50 point potential. We fully expect that with his speed Maxim will be more comfortable on the rush and in the offensive zone, knowing it is not his sole responsibility to fall back when the puck goes the other way. Knowing his linemates also have speed to burn will allow him to focus more on his offense that was good for 60 and 70 points just two years ago.

Kurtis Foster, D, Minnesota -- Kurtis suffered an horrific leg injury in camp last year, but came back to put up 6 points in the Wild's final 10 games. He's a big, exciting D-man with huge offensive potential. We expect him to be a key force on our power play with his booming shot. He plays a solid, aggressive defensive style and his size provides an imposing sight for other teams' forwards entering our zone.

Toni Lydman, D, from Buffalo -- Another big defender, Toni is rock solid in his own zone and has offensive upside. He makes few mistakes with the puck and is another big improvement for us in helping out Bryz in front of the net. To many times opposing players set up shop in fromt of our net and we lacked the big bodies to knock them out of there. We've addressed that big time with Kuris, Toni, and the next guy we'll speak about.

Alexandre Picard, D, from Ottawa -- He's 23, big, and already has shown adeptness and maturity playing in all three zones. Again, making us much improved in the defensive zone. He also brings a booming shot and PP prowess. We fully expect that with the minutes Alexandre will get here he will establish himself as one of the better all-around defensemen in the league, with 30-50 point potential each and every year.

Martin Biron, G, from Philadelhpia -- Marty comes to us fully expecting to challenge for the #1 goalie spot, and we expect that as well. We love Bryzgalov as our #1 but had to rely too much on youngsters Al Montoya and Josh Todjman to back him up in case he got hurt. We moved Todrdjman in the off-season and acquired the Devils' #1 golaie prospect, Jeff Frazee. The acquisition of Biron allows us to let Al and Jeff batle it out in San Antonio and continue their development. We see both as #1 future goaltenders in this league.

KEY LOSSESS
:
Enver Lisin and Ed Jovanovski -- Big losses, no question, and we'll miss them. But as the only key roster players we had to give up to acquire the Big 7 acquisitions it was a risk we felt we could take, and will make us vastly improved. Lisin is all about speed and Maxim and Clark help make up for that, while both brining a defensive prowess that Enver lacked. Picard, Lydman and Foster cushion the loss of Jovo, and greatly improve our defensive depth. The new three join holdovers Kurt Sauer, Zybenek Michalek and Keith Yandle. Veteran defensive defenseman Ken Klee remains as one who is reliable and ready to fill any D-role we need him to.

More scoring, more two-way players, better play in all three zones, more physical, and a better blend of youth and experience make the expectation of great things ahead for this year's Phoenix Coyotes. And, we have one more trick up our sleeve that will make us that much better if we're able to make the deal. And our roster can rest assured that the battle lines are drawn for positions next season.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars

Dallas Stars add Leopold

Dallas Co-GM Les Jackson announced earlier today that the Stars have agreed to a 3 year, $10.5 million contract with Jordan Leopold. The deal will pay him $3.5 million a year.

Leopold has shown flashes of brilliance during his career, and the Stars believe playing in a system like Dallas' with a player like Matt Niskanen will allow both players to elevate their game playing in all situations for the team. More importantly, this will allow Daley and Robidas to continue playing together as well as Fistric and Grossman.

Canad93

Jan 21, 2008
The Toronto Maple Leafs are placing Jason Blake on the market. He's a great player, but we realize that some may be turned off by his age or contract, so he will be relatively cheap.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Wow some of you have been busy and there's a bidding war on defensemen. Their latest offers are:

Beauchemin - 6 years 27mil$ + Full NTC

Ohlund - 5 years $22.5M ($4.5M per) full NMC

Knuble - two teams offering minimum plus bonus incentives. It won't take much so best offer will win. PM me if you're interested in a 20 goal scorer for under 2.2 million.

Nittymaki - two years 1.5/year.

These players are looking for employment. Some bargains can surely be found. Send your PMs.

Phillipe Boucher
Mike Knuble
Marek Malik
Miro Satan

And I'm seeking clarification, is Erik Cole signed or a free agent? A couple of people have inquired and I do not know the official decision. Can whoever the final arbiter of justice please PM me so I can clear this up? Thank you.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
And I'm seeking clarification, is Erik Cole signed or a free agent? A couple of people have inquired and I do not know the official decision. Can whoever the final arbiter of justice please PM me so I can clear this up? Thank you.

He was re-signed.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
Jussi Jokinen

Reminder to the three teams bidding on Jussi:

He will make a final decision no later that 11 pm EDT tonight.
He has two firm offers:
1) 2 years @ $1.75M per ($3.5M total)
2) 2 years @ $1.625M per ($3.25M total)

There is also one pending offer:
1) 4 years @ $1.625M per ($6.5M total)

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
New-York Islanders sign top pick​

john-tavares3.jpg

Center John Tavares signed a 3 years deal worth 11.125mil$ (900k base + 2.85 in bonus - 3.75) ELC.

''After 3 years in the OHL, we feel John is ready for the next step and has nothing to prove in the OHL anymore. We are looking foward to see him in a Islanders anyform for the coming years.''

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad