FA Game #2

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
Yeah I do. They all have to be the same because it's an ELC.

Individual A (up to $850,000)

Individual B (up to $2,000,000)

Alright. I thought it was the same as it were for Veterans. But my issue still stands, with the way the situation was dealt. Honestly, I'd have 0 problem with this if PB had actual discussions with every team, and actually made an effort to pick a team and tell other GM's what he is interested in, ect.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Alright. I thought it was the same as it were for Veterans. But my issue still stands, with the way the situation was dealt. Honestly, I'd have 0 problem with this if PB had actual discussions with every team, and actually made an effort to pick a team and tell other GM's what he is interested in, ect.

I don't have a problem with that. If PB didn't PM you, I understand your point, but all your other reasons were flawed IMO and that's what I was trying to point out.

If you offered a salary of $875,000, you didn't even offer the max which is $900,000.

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
I don't have a problem with that. If PB didn't PM you, I understand your point, but all your other reasons were flawed IMO and that's what I was trying to point out.

If you offered a salary of $875,000, you didn't even offer the max which is $900,000.

I sent a pm to PB stating I was interested then, I got a PM saying I was one of 4 teams, then he said how he will sign tonight(2 days ago) and then I sent a pm, and 2 days later without anything in the inbox he has signed. He never got in depth. And like I said BigG, I didn't even care where he signed I just have a problem when a guy who's been playing these games since last year, ESY didn't get a single response.

ESY16

Aug 8, 2006
Canon City, CO
www.geocities.com
I sent a pm to PB stating I was interested then, I got a PM saying I was one of 4 teams, then he said how he will sign tonight(2 days ago) and then I sent a pm, and 2 days later without anything in the inbox he has signed. He never got in depth. And like I said BigG, I didn't even care where he signed I just have a problem when a guy who's been playing these games since last year, ESY didn't get a single response.

To be fair, he responded once by saying that he had to be signed to a 1 year contract. That was the entire PM though (which was after I sent an offer) and he didn't mention anything about my offer.

It was just frustrating to not hear anything for days and then to just see Gustavsson signed out of the blue. I'm also not sure why a team that guaranteed a starting NHL job (60+ games) along with a full-time goalie coach wasn't even good enough to elicit a response.

No biggie though, and I certainly don't fault Dallas. I'll hopefully find another way to get a goalie.

Edit: Heh, as I typed this I got my goalie. Waiting for league approval.

ESY16

Aug 8, 2006
Canon City, CO
www.geocities.com
:avs

The Colorado Avalanche have acquired Dan Ellis from the Nashville Predators in exchange for Tyler Weiman and a 2010 4th round draft pick. We believe that Dan can regain his form and become a solid starter for the Avalanche. We thank Tyler for his service and his strong year in the AHL. We wish him the best.

The Colorado Avalanche are looking for a 1b or back-up goaltender. Additionally, Ruslan Salei is available for any team needing a top 4 D that has grit and physicality.

Jarmac

Aug 24, 2006
The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed general beast Mike Grier to a 2 year, 2.5m contract.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Paul Kariya - Andy McDonald - Shane Doan
Mikkel Boedker - Mathew Lombardi - Peter Mueller
Martin Hanzal - Kyle Turris - Scottie Upshall
Nigel Dawes - Brandon Prust - Enver Lisin

Ed Jovanovski - Zbynek Michalek
Pavel Kubina - Stephane Robidas
Keith Yandle - Kurt Sauer
David Yale

Ilya Bryzgalov
Al Montoya

I'm pretty sure that's an updated line up of mine. Tell me what you think.

gui56

Feb 9, 2008
:avs

The Colorado Avalanche have acquired Dan Ellis from the Nashville Predators in exchange for Tyler Weiman and a 2010 4th round draft pick. We believe that Dan can regain his form and become a solid starter for the Avalanche. We thank Tyler for his service and his strong year in the AHL. We wish him the best.

The Colorado Avalanche are looking for a 1b or back-up goaltender. Additionally, Ruslan Salei is available for any team needing a top 4 D that has grit and physicality.
As GM of the Predators, I confirm this deal. We thank Dan for his time with us here in Nashville and we hope that he does well in Denver. We also welcome Tyler [Weiman] who should be backing up Pekka Rinne this season.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Trade to announce

To Phoenix - Tom Poti, Jeff Schultz, Oscar Osala
To Washington - Ed Jovanovski

"We hate seeing Jovanovski go, but we get 2 players in Poti and Schultz who both play 20 minutes a game. Poti is solid defensively despite what some people think, he's a huge PK'er. Schultz is 22 years old, 6'6 and is a great PK'er. Osala is a 6'4 power forward who can put the puck in the net. He'll be on the roster. We add depth on defence, and improve on the PK and defensively."

leaky37

Sep 1, 2008
To be fair, he responded once by saying that he had to be signed to a 1 year contract. That was the entire PM though (which was after I sent an offer) and he didn't mention anything about my offer.

It was just frustrating to not hear anything for days and then to just see Gustavsson signed out of the blue. I'm also not sure why a team that guaranteed a starting NHL job (60+ games) along with a full-time goalie coach wasn't even good enough to elicit a response.

No biggie though, and I certainly don't fault Dallas. I'll hopefully find another way to get a goalie.

Edit: Heh, as I typed this I got my goalie. Waiting for league approval.

I offered the same thing. My goalie coach is famous in Sweden for letting in the goal that gave Sweden the Gold Medal in 93'. He even was over seas with Gustavsson for a couple of weeks, wining and dining with him and telling him about our city/organization? Don't make sense to me how I never go considered either. Not taking anything away from Dallas but they do have Turco, who is a great goalie and how many games would Gustavsson see really?

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
I offered the same thing. My goalie coach is famous in Sweden for letting in the goal that gave Sweden the Gold Medal in 93'. He even was over seas with Gustavsson for a couple of weeks, wining and dining with him and telling him about our city/organization? Don't make sense to me how I never go considered either. Not taking anything away from Dallas but they do have Turco, who is a great goalie and how many games would Gustavsson see really?

They traded Turco to Philly, but they did just sign Craig Anderson to their starting spot...

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Trade to announce

To Phoenix - Tom Poti, Jeff Schultz, Oscar Osala
To Washington - Ed Jovanovski

"We hate seeing Jovanovski go, but we get 2 players in Poti and Schultz who both play 20 minutes a game. Poti is solid defensively despite what some people think, he's a huge PK'er. Schultz is 22 years old, 6'6 and is a great PK'er. Osala is a 6'4 power forward who can put the puck in the net. He'll be on the roster. We add depth on defence, and improve on the PK and defensively."

Jovo adds another dynamic force on our blueline to go along with Green. Jovo is also not afraid to play a big physical game, something we were lacking. This move also allows us to put Alzner on our active roster.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
Montreal Candiens ink defenceman Marc-Andre Bergeron to a 1 year deal worth 1.1mil$.

Our team is done and ready for the start of a new season.

2009-2010 Montreal Canadiens​

Alex Tanguay - Shawn Horcoff - Milan Michalek
Dustin Penner - Saku Koivu - Andrei Kostitsyn
Max Pacioretty - Maxim Lapierre - Guillaume Latendresse
Kyle Chipchura - Glen Metropolit - Tom Kostopoulos
Matt D'Agostini, Greg Stewart

Andrei Markov - Francois Beauchemin
Roman Hamrlik - Josh Gorges
Brad Lukowich - Marc-Andre Bergeron/Yannick Weber

Carey Price
Jaroslav Halak​

Payroll: 55.838mil$

Hamilton Bulldogs​

Marek Zagrapan - Ben Maxwell - Krys Kolanos
Brock Trotter - David Desharnais - Michel Ouellet
Ryan Russell - Ryan White - Alex Bourret
Andrew Conboy - Olivier Fortier - JT Wyman/Mathieu Aubin

Shawn Belle - PK. Subban
Alexei Yemelin - Nolan Baumgartner
Ryan McDonagh - Mathieu Roy

Josh Tordjman
Cedrick Desjardins

ECHL bound: T.Beauregard, D.Massé, P.Paquet, R.Mayer​

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Phoenix Coyotes

Mikkel Boedker - Andy McDonald - Shane Doan
Paul Kariya - Matthew Lombardi - Scottie Upshall
Martin Hanzal - Kyle Turris - Peter Mueller
Oscar Osala - Brandon Prust - Enver Lisin
Nigel Dawes

Stephane Robidas - Pavel Kubina
Tom Poti - Zbynek Michalek
Jeff Schultz - Kurt Sauer
David Hale - Kevin Yandle

Ilya Bryzgalov
Al Montoya

"We feel we have a very young, but talent forward group. We think we have balanced lines, and can put 3 scoring lines out there. We wanted speed, and we have plenty of it. The defence is much improved with 6 guys who played 20 minutes a game last year with their teams. Robidas, Kubina, and Poti bring some offense and will play on the PP. We also have a lot of PK'ers in that defensive group."

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
BOSTON BRUINS
Ilya Kovalchuck (A)– Marc Savard (A)– Michael Ryder
Milan Lucic-David Krejci –Mark Recchi
Marco Sturm- Chuck Kobasew -Blake Wheeler
Pj Axellson- Marco Sturm-Byron Bitz
Extraa: Colin Stuart, Colton Orr

Zdeno Chara(C)-Dennis Wideman
Derek Morris - Aaron Ward
Shane Nhidy-Matt Hunwick