FA Game #2 Trade and Draft

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
1st Round is complete.

I've messaged RR to either auto the 2nd round tonight, or if not, we will both do the rest of the draft tomorrow night.

Blast you all and your trades! But I don't have another 2 hours to put in tonight.

If you haven't, send in your 2nd to 4th round lists to both of us.

Wait, we can send a list for round 3 and 4?

I did in last game but I was auto'ed...

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
according to your board, the Avs picked, I never knew i was on the clock....

Yes, I put up :avs are OTC.... and it's in that state for 5-6 minutes.

Once that passes, I edit the post to show the pick, and then add an additional line showing the next team and that they are either A) OTC, B) selecting via list, or C) auto'd their choice and a new line is created.

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
Yes, I put up :avs are OTC.... and it's in that state for 5-6 minutes.

Once that passes, I edit the post to show the pick, and then add an additional line showing the next team and that they are either A) OTC, B) selecting via list, or C) auto'd their choice and a new line is created.

well the only problem with that is I'm not the :avs........

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
well the only problem with that is I'm not the :avs........
Every team was up for 5 minutes.

In the future, I'd suggest having a different post for each upcoming pick, rather than repeatedly editing the same post. Yes, it'll end up being spam-full, but it would eliminate any lingering confusion.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
It was stated numerous times that teams had to make sure that the list was correct in the first post.

It was a trade made during the draft.

I dunno, we run these drafts the same every game, so in that vein, **** happens.

But another part of me thinks there must be a way to minimize disappointment and make it easier for those who run it at the same time. We just haven't figured it out yet.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio

I dunno, we run these drafts the same every game, so in that vein, **** happens.

But another part of me thinks there must be a way to minimize disappointment and make it easier for those who run it at the same time. We just haven't figured it out yet.
Well, firstly I'd say that all trades made during the draft should be sent to the person running the draft, rather than the commissioners. But, more important than that, every pick should get its own post.

HockeyRulez

Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
It was stated numerous times that teams had to make sure that the list was correct in the first post.

lol was gonna announce here as well...

:sens send the 17th overall pick to the :avs for the 28th, 32nd, and 63rd overall picks.

I made a trade with the :avs for my 17th ovr pick and I got the picks shown above. If Hitmen Heart is here he can confirm...

HockeyRulez

Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State

yea...

papershoes

Dec 28, 2007
Kenora, Ontario
I was hoping for Muller tbh at 28 and ironically he got picked with the 29th but it's not a big deal really i guess......

i dont mind giving up mueller to ottawa and then re-picking for the 29th...

just give me a heads up so i can actually make the pick rather then be auto'd...

Last edited:

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
:laugh: This is why I don't hold onto draft picks in these games. Such a cluster****. Not the fault of you TP or anyone running it, there's just no way to do this without mass confusion and *****ing.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Chat room?

More often than not it's not too difficult to run, but each draft is different.

Some have 3 or 4 guys picking live, with a 10-20 lists, and then the obligatory MIA guys who just get auto'd. In these cases, easy enough.

It gets trickier when there are multiple trades within the round and we have 15+ guys picking live, and especially trades including other picks in the live rounds. I can't edit RR's posts, so I've just got to keep multiple windows open (during the 1st round I had 22 windows open including lists, draft orders, trade details, PM's indicating they'd be there live, etc) and check each one to see:

A) If the team is present
B) If they aren't, do they have a list
C) If there was a trade made with this team

Ultimately, it becomes a 2 man job for the live portion because of this. Usually I will do the selections and keep the order flowing, while RR will update the list based on trades and will then auto rounds 3 and 4. Good system we have going.

That said, we all have lives off the board, so sometimes things may take an extra day to flesh out. We'll be completing it tonight.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
More often than not it's not too difficult to run, but each draft is different.

Some have 3 or 4 guys picking live, with a 10-20 lists, and then the obligatory MIA guys who just get auto'd. In these cases, easy enough.

It gets trickier when there are multiple trades within the round and we have 15+ guys picking live, and especially trades including other picks in the live rounds. I can't edit RR's posts, so I've just got to keep multiple windows open (during the 1st round I had 22 windows open including lists, draft orders, trade details, PM's indicating they'd be there live, etc) and check each one to see:

A) If the team is present
B) If they aren't, do they have a list
C) If there was a trade made with this team

Ultimately, it becomes a 2 man job for the live portion because of this. Usually I will do the selections and keep the order flowing, while RR will update the list based on trades and will then auto rounds 3 and 4. Good system we have going.

That said, we all have lives off the board, so sometimes things may take an extra day to flesh out. We'll be completing it tonight.

Totally unacceptable. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad