FA Game #2 by Soli, TP, and JW

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Check the pick ownership, I don't think the Devils own the Sharks 3rd.

They received it as compensation for Pete DeBoer according to CapFriendly. I have seen other resources such as prosportstransactions not list it though.

:coyotes

Michael Grabner

:rangers

Lawson Crouse
Calgary 2017 3rd Rounder

We are sad to see Grabner leave. He was definitely one of the most exciting players to put on the Ranger jersey in recent memory. He probably brings in 2 breakaways a game and is a great penalty killer. There's a reason he scored 27g last season in a limited role.

Crouse on the other hand brings in some much needed toughness and we expect him to be a fixture for our team for a very long time.

I never received a PM for this trade, so it is vetoed.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
TRADES

To :flyers - Pierre-Luc Dubois, Paul Bittner, CBJ 2017 2nd
To :cbj - Wayne Simmonds

:flyers confirm

We believe that Dubois will fit really nicely with our core going forward. Bittner and another second round pick are also valuable assets to us. We wish Simmonds all the best with Columbus.

With this move, it seems very unlikely that the 2nd overall will be traded, unless we can aquire a young elite RHD.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:nhl
Updated game schedule

[fieldset=""]Game Schedule

• Expansion Draft Protection Lists Due: Thursday, May 25th (7:00pm)
  • Vegas Expansion Draft Selections Due: Friday, May 26th (7:00pm)
  • Entry Draft First Round: Saturday, May 27th(7:00pm)
  • Entry Draft Rounds 2-4: Sunday, May 28th
  • Free Agency: Monday, May 29th (12:00pm)
    *All times ET, and subject to change.
[/fieldset]

If anyone is interested in taking on a second team, send a PM my way. We need two more GMs.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
They received it as compensation for Pete DeBoer according to CapFriendly. I have seen other resources such as prosportstransactions not list it though.

I never received a PM for this trade, so it is vetoed.

On the San Jose board we are all sad about the fact that we have a 1st and then our next pick is in the fourth or fifth.

nbonaddio

BELLOWS: THE BEST
Mar 28, 2007
220px-Detroit_Red_Wings_logo.svg.png

TEAM PHILOSOPHY
The run is over. We're moving into a new arena, and while the fans want a winner, they also want an exciting, young team that is clearly heading to a bright future. To that end, we're looking to rebuild sensibly, using a similar model to Nashville: puck-moving, offensive defenseman, scoring depth and team speed.

TEAM NEEDS
Skill Prospects, Draft Picks, Team Speed

UNTOUCHABLE
Dylan Larkin
Anthony Mantha
Andreas Athanasiou (RFA)
Tomas Tatar (RFA)
Nick Jensen
Ryan Sproul
Xavier Ouellet
Evgeny Svechnikov
Tyler Bertuzzi

IDEAS I HAD IN MIND
Move goaltending (both Mrazek and Howard available) for skilled talent
Move glut of 3rd-round picks to move up
Move veterans (Zetterberg, Franzen, Green, Kronwall) for young, ELC-level talent

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
:vegas

Been building positive and beneficial early relationships with many GMs. Will be entertaining pre-expansion offers through Thursday evening. Will likely complete my draft early Friday morning.

Willing not to pick certain exposed players for equivalent value in futures.

Don't forget to browse those expansion lists for players you may want in a draft and trade.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:wild

In search of a high end goal scoring winger. Most prospects as well as some young roster players like Nino Niederreiter, Jason Zucker and Charlie Coyle could be moved for the right player.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
:canes

Still looking to take on cap dumps for teams. Hanifin is on the table for a top line forward. Also looking to acquire a defenseman that meets Expansion eligibility.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
:ducks

Just joining the game.

On the block:

Kevin Bieksa
Clayton Stoner

Could be moved:

Sami Vatanen
Cam Fowler
Simon Despres
Ryan Kesler

Looking for:

Picks
Prospects

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:vegas :nashville

craig-smith-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-san-jose-sharks-nashville-predators-846x560.jpg

The Nashville Predators and Vegas Golden Knights have come to an agreement that will assure that the Golden Knights select forward Craig Smith from the Predators in the upcoming Expansion Draft. Vegas will receive prospects Emil Pettersson and Joonas Lyytinen as compensation.

The Predators also announced the re-signings of pending RFAs; Ryan Johansen (6 years, $6.25M per), Viktor Arvidsson (6 years, $4.125M per), Pontus Aberg (2 years, $900k per), Auston Watson (2 years, $850k per), Frederick Gaudreau (1 year, $650k), Marek Mazanec (1 year, $650k), Joonas Gunnarsson (1 year, $650k), and Jaynen Rissling (1 year, $650k).

"We would like to thank Vegas for the easy and timely negotiations. While Craig remains a strong top 9 option, we felt that loosing him to expansion would have the least significant impact on our forward group of the three other higher valued forwards we had to expose. Pettersson and Lyytinen are two quality prospects, and while this deal does hurt our organizational depth, it also does clear cap and contract space for us to pursue other additions to the club."

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:flyers

Lot of interest in Claude Giroux at the time we speak. It's not too late to send an initial offer.

Voracek is also being discussed with a couple teams.

See previous post for other trade possibilities.

AnArmchairScout

Jun 18, 2016
:caps

Are getting offers for Ovechkin, but are going to need some major ballpark offers to even consider trading him.

The UFA rights of TJ Oshie, Justin Williams, Karl Alzner and Kevin Shattenkirk are still up for grabs.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:wild

wild-beat-coyotes-002.jpg

The Minnesota Wild are happy to announce they have agreed to contract extensions with Mikael Granlund, Nino Niederreiter, Erik Haula and Christian Folin. As per club policy, terms were not released(but you can find them in the roster page if you're interested!). Mike Reilly, Jordan Schroeder and Gustav Olofsson also agreed to new terms.

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
:vegas :nashville

craig-smith-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-san-jose-sharks-nashville-predators-846x560.jpg

The Nashville Predators and Vegas Golden Knights have come to an agreement that will assure that the Golden Knights select forward Craig Smith from the Predators in the upcoming Expansion Draft. Vegas will receive prospects Emil Pettersson and Joonas Lyytinen as compensation.

:vegas

Confirms. Excited to gain quality prospects along with a player who can still contribute in our opening seasons

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
I have a question: Does the signing bonus count in addition to cap hit? For example, if a player has a cap hit of $1 million and has a signing bonus of $5 million, does it count as $6M($1M + $5M) or just $1M?

Yes regarding cap hit: See ROR contract

I believe this to be the case.

Edit: From CBA: "For purposes of a Club's Averaged Club Salary, any Signing Bonus,
Roster Bonus and Reporting Bonus shall be subject to the "averaging"
rule, and the Club's Averaged Salary shall be charged the Averaged
Amount of any such Bonuses over the entire term of the SPC, regardless
of when such Bonuses are paid. However, for the purposes of the
Variability Rules as set forth in Section 50.7 below, such Bonuses shall be
counted as part of the Player Salary and Bonuses in the year in which paid
ARTICLE 50 50.5-50.5
(e.g., no combination of Signing Bonuses, Roster Bonuses and/or
Reporting Bonuses may, in the year when paid, result in a Player receiving
Player Salary and Bonuses for such League Year that violates the
Variability Rules as set forth in Section 50.7)"

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

Lot of interest in Claude Giroux at the time we speak. It's not too late to send an initial offer.

Voracek is also being discussed with a couple teams.

See previous post for other trade possibilities.

Brayden Schenn, Matt Read and other veterans remain available.

Travis Sanheim (+) could be in play for a young RHD.

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
I thought we weren't allowed to sign RFA/UFA until after Expansion draft?

Edit:

:coyotes

Are looking to contend. No one is off the table, but OEL will be VERY hard to get.

Strome, Duclair, 7th Ovr, etc are all actively being shopped.

Edit2:

Replies will be a bit slow since i'm at work till 10PM Est but i'll still be replying and will be very active past that point.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad