GDT: FA Frenzy time ladies and gents (for everyone else that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
With Tkachuk likely to only take his arbitration since the Calgary window is closing, could we pay a stupid amount for him with an extension?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Gaudreau leaving Calgary is a reminder how fragile this window is. Aho is a UFA in 2 years. It (probably) shuts if he leaves.

It also doesn’t help that it sounds like Gaudreau is heading for the Metro. He’s app leaving the Flames because of a “family decision” and his pregnant wife (who’s from Philly) wants to be closer to her family while dealing with the pregnancy and early childhood.

So Philly, New Jersey or the Islanders are all likely destinations for Johnny Hockey.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Gaudreau leaving Calgary is a reminder how fragile this window is. Aho is a UFA in 2 years. It (probably) shuts if he leaves.
It's why I never really understood people just handwaving our failures in the playoffs away in the last season or two. A lot could change in just a year or two. Nothing is given in this league. For all anyone knows, the ECF 3 years ago could be the peak of this particular core.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Just enjoy witnessing history. It’s so rare to get to watch

were-putting-the-band-back-together-were-getting-back-together.gif

turn into

ti117919.jpg

in real time.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

Canes FO can spend the money if they absolutely have to. They just don't when they don't need to. I see Aho and Slavin as the only two must-keep UFAs-to-be in the entire franchise.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
If they can land a decent goalie they’re nipping at heels in the Metro as early as next season.
I'd think they'll go hard after Campbell, but I'm not convinced that would do them much good. They'd be a good landing spot for Gibson if Anaheim moves him (God, I hope not to them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad