F1 (Formula 1) coming to Las Vegas; November 2023, night race down Strip

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Buying 39 acres to "lock in" grand prix circuit.

I'm guessing this may be the "pit" area. By purchasing land, they would be able to build permanent features/buildings for the race.

And go towards a longer term future of race.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Reactions: DaveG

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Vegas?

Formula 1 is becoming a cheap circus. Well, it's business. I understand they need new revenue streams but still...
And before the race in the evening, you could spend your day at the LVMS and play police pursuit or other speed activity, indulge in spa treatments. Lots and lots and LOTS of things to do (other than gamble).

Reactions: DaveG

NigerianNightmare

Lürssen > Feadship
Jan 25, 2022
West Africa
And before the race in the evening, you could spend your day at the LVMS and play police pursuit or other speed activity, indulge in spa treatments. Lots and lots and LOTS of things to do (other than gamble).

I know but it's still a desert. Nothing beats Monaco 🏁🇲🇨

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Interesting to note that while Miami had the largest TV audience for F1 in US TV history at 2.6 million (not exactly surprising given the location and hype around it) its still finished below NASCAR.

Regardless I think the Vegas idea is great. Can't wait to see the set up.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

2023, 2024 and 2025 races planned. Hopefully will become annual race.

MSG Sphere under construction negotiating with F1 planners about using grounds/building for race.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY

Except Monaco is a garbage race every year with how wide F1 cars have gotten.

Now that the Russian GP is gone, Monaco is the worst race on the calendar. It’s definitely a spectacle, though, however I don’t watch F1 to see people having fun in the surrounding area.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Preview of 11/25/23 race by looking at what Miami will bring.

Looking like 4 North American races/year.

This was bound to happen when Liberty bought F1.

I know theres talk of Michael Andretti forming an F1 team if he can get the financing in order, which would be huge for the sport.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Part of me wonders if the USA Grand Prix could alternate between the Circuit of the Americas and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, not unlike certain tracks in other countries, but that would require interest and capital spending on the park of Roger Penske and company who feel they got other ideas to keep the track occupied for much of the year. Plus there's still the bad feelings about how the 2006 race turned out cause we repave the track every spring.

TL;DR, don't expect Formula 1 to head back to Indianapolis any time soon.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Part of me wonders if the USA Grand Prix could alternate between the Circuit of the Americas and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, not unlike certain tracks in other countries, but that would require interest and capital spending on the park of Roger Penske and company who feel they got other ideas to keep the track occupied for much of the year. Plus there's still the bad feelings about how the 2006 race turned out cause we repave the track every spring.

TL;DR, don't expect Formula 1 to head back to Indianapolis any time soon.
besides that, the Indy RC will be used at minimum three times per calendar year, if not the oval itself.... Stock Cars will return to the Oval as well it'll be a question of not if, but when

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Except Monaco is a garbage race every year with how wide F1 cars have gotten.

Now that the Russian GP is gone, Monaco is the worst race on the calendar. It’s definitely a spectacle, though, however I don’t watch F1 to see people having fun in the surrounding area.

Exactly. Monaco looks cool, but the race itself sucks very badly.

Reactions: Kane One

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What an awful looking track and even more awful starting time

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Description of the 3 storey (plus roof terrace) 100x1000 foot building, largest on F1 circuit. Ground floors will have team garages (plus league/sponsor spaces), other floors will be large/small hospitality spaces. (They've even got bookings for 2024 non race events)

Reactions: Kirk Van Houten

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
looks like ticket sales aren’t going as good as initially thought- been getting a ton of targeted ads to buy tickets ( i’m an Indycar fan)
I see alot of parallels between Formula Netflix’s current arc and the NASCAR halcyon days of the aughts… and we all know how that turned out

I see an inflection point and overall decline in US tv ratings by 2025 - We are approaching a point of oversaturation and people will get bored of the paddock drama (that mainly lures in the new fans) and the predictable , uncompetitive and processional racing and move on to the next thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad