Post-Game Talk: F***

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
OK..Thanks.. wasn't aware. Nice double standard they have. No other league is as much of a s*** show as this one.

You know it, especially when the joke DOPS does nothing about MacKinnon's slewfoot on an already injured Draisaitl or Landeskog's headshot on Yamamoto who's no longer able to play.
Thing is, I highly doubt the DOPS would do a f***ing thing if anybody on the Avs did to the Oilers from the Kane on Kadri play.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
You know it, especially when the joke DOPS does nothing about MacKinnon's slewfoot on an already injured Draisaitl or Landeskog's headshot on Yamamoto who's no longer able to play.
Thing is, I highly doubt the DOPS would do a f***ing thing if anybody on the Avs did to the Oilers from the Kane on Kadri play.

Cleanest team in the league. Never a dirty play

Keggatron

Nov 15, 2008
Anyone else finding that Avs fans are reaching Flames fan level lunacy? I personally think Kane's hit was pretty dirty and I can freely admit that, but the amount of guys trying to pretend that the Avs are the cleanest team in the league are insane. Can't stand people that can't see when their own team does something stupid, lol.
MacKinnon's a dirtbag and they've just flicked their heads back and grabbed their faces as if they were stabbed about five times this series and drawn calls on every one. Laughable that we're called embellishers on the mains when these two assholes do it literally every time anything is even close.

Two plays last game by MacKinnon were f***ing dirt both to Drai. The clear as day slewfoot then sticking his leg out on the penalty. f*** I hate this team more than any other. The smug asshole fanbase that can't see the refs have been in their pocket the whole time. For Christ sake, they've literally led the league for five years in PP opportunities. How f***ing ludicrous is that?

Even our media, we have a two minute segment talking about Kane's penalty and not a single word said about Landeskog's far more malicious play resulting in us losing a top six player.

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
MacKinnon's a dirtbag and they've just flicked their heads back and grabbed their faces as if they were stabbed about five times this series and drawn calls on every one. Laughable that we're called embellishers on the mains when these two assholes do it literally every time anything is even close.

Two plays last game by MacKinnon were f***ing dirt both to Drai. The clear as day slewfoot then sticking his leg out on the penalty. f*** I hate this team more than any other. The smug asshole fanbase that can't see the refs have been in their pocket the whole time. For Christ sake, they've literally led the league for five years in PP opportunities. How f***ing ludicrous is that?

Even our media, we have a two minute segment talking about Kane's penalty and not a single word said about Landeskog's far more malicious play resulting in us losing a top six player.
🍾🧀🎻

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta

Are you kidding me 🤣. Don't get me wrong, didn't like the Landeskog hit either, but it wasn't even in the same stratosphere of malicious intent as the Kane check. You're talking about a blatant check from behind that should have resulted in a game ejection, versus a blindside bodycheck to a guy who is 5'7 and as a result it caused contact with the head. If Yamo is 5'10+, there is no head contact there. Whereas regardless of the size of whomever Kane hit, you can break a guys neck doing shit like that.

That Kane check was BAD. I don't FEEL bad because it's Kadri and as the saying goes play stupid games win stupid prizes, but it was a blatant check from behind 3 feet from the boards. In minor hockey you'd be ejected for 5+ games minimum for that hit, that is how dangerous it is.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Starting to wonder about Woodcroft's messaging.

Is he so scripted and narrow to parrot 'take care of today's business' every damn press conference? Like be original and have a thoughtful take for once.

Does he preach like that in the room as well? If so that would be tuned out fairly quickly.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
They literally only gave Hagel for the exact same play a 5k fine if they come around now and give kane a game it's gonna look bad on them.

Reactions: Punished ROR

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
They literally only gave Hagel for the exact same play a 5k fine if they come around now and give kane a game it's gonna look bad on them.

wheelofjustice.jpg

They'll suspend him, just watch.

Reactions: oilers'72

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
They can keep kadri they’ll lose some of those other guys like Burakovski and Nichuskin
They aren't losing nuke to the fans and their coach he is the 2nd coming of Bergeron. Kadri is gonna be looking for 8.5 to 9 million imo and even with MacKinnons discount comments he won't take less long term than Kadri.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Really solid points here, and yes, certainly Nich has shown me. But the Av's have won this series with depth at all positions while lacking the generational might that the Oilers have as a forward group. Just my take that Rantenan and Landeskog were not in ideal form coming into this series. The Oilers had 4 forwards redhot and glowing. That could have continued in some way. The Oilers failure in this series, and their topsix failure, is not finding ways to increase Ozone time, however they do it. This also lead to PP disparity in the series (and the NHL being the NHL) The Oilers could have been more competitive than they were, but even topsix was being dominated, and that can't happen, and the Oilers won't win many games when that happens. The Oilers had a 4 headed juggernaut riding into this series. 4 of the top producers in the entire playoffs. That should have been able to do more than getting swept. Nobody that could rose up in this series in our depth. All of Nuge, Yama, Pulju, Foegele, Kass didn't piss a drop. AV's got contributions, huge from players like Compher with 3 goals in the series. Down the lineup we got no bonus like that.

Quiet additions to the AV's lineup like Lehkonen, a solid player, Cogs, a known 200ft player, among others really fleshed out the AV's roster this post season. The Oilers could have made some more appreciable adds. Brassard didn't hit. Foegele didn't hit. Holland didn't improve our bottomsix much. The AV's did.
Like your post too.

There is always big "downside" when you have 4 players red-hot in 5 game series. Because the level that those players showed aren't their average quality of play. Regression will happen at some point, of course it could have carried series or two. Form is temporary, class is permanent. And on the other hand Avs were 8-2 with Rantanen and Landeskog barely contributing in the first two series, to me that is more scarier thing. Because if they get going there is no stopping Avs. Too many weapons.

I haven't been completely happy with the reffing either, but watching the games there is clear talent difference between these teams. It hasn't been 50-50 games with refs being the difference. Avs have dominated the puck so they are more likely to get more powerplays too. Keep the puck 70% of the game and you are very likely to get more PP's, don't whine after games.

Lehkonen is like a copy of Nichushkin. Slitghly smaller guy, but relentless forecheck, enough skill to play in the topsix, gives his all every shift. Another analytics darling. Little prediction here, this isn't completely my own vision, but a smart organization will trade for Puljujärvi and he will become a player like Nich/Lehkonen. Already elite forechechker, but at the moment lacking confidence with the puck and looks to be a bit off. It wasn't easy path for Nich either so you need to give some time. You need to forget when he was drafted, just focus what he is now and work from there. This was first year when he had some success and at one point when he had confidence he showed glimpses of what he is capable. And even now he is more useful player than he gets credit. But I have zero trust on Holland. His gutfeeling is so missguided.

I have pointed this stat for few times here. Avs are now 62-10-5 with Makar and Toews in the line-up this season. They are such a dominating force back there. No team can match that 5on5, add MacKinnon to that and you are forced to play without the puck.

It is hard to improve your roster much at the deadline when you have used a lot of money to players which are just passenger. There are plenty miss-used cap-space that makes me sad. We could have a team like Colorado, 97 and 29 would deserve that.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Can we get a bounce! I just want to win one game...I mean, you gotta have the puck and be actively shooting to get bounces, so the answer is obviously no. But jesus, when's the last time we scored a goal like their first one.

So demoralizing to do all that good PK work because of idiocy, then they get 1 5v5 shot on net and it's that bunkum.

80d1d16b-b090-48df-bd6b-8cf894a574e6_text.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1