F Zachary Bolduc - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2021, 17th, STL)

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
That would be great, but I don't know if he has the stamina for a full season in the NHL.

All incoming rookies hit a wall in their conditioning at some point in their 1st season, it's inevitable. That said he's going to be playing bottom 6 minutes in the scenario I'm suggesting which makes it manageable. Also he showed some big strides after working with Blues staff last year and he could easily be another step further along that path by the time training camp comes around.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
The 9 games stint wouldn’t be surprising but I doubt he stays in the NHL. I expect him to go back the the QMJHL and to make the Canadian WJC team.

giphy.gif

Sir, it's August which you as a hockey fan know, just sucks. So I will be entertaining my '19 year old boy joining the Blues just like David Perron' fantasies until I can't any more and you... can't... stop meh.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
a bump

was drafted 17th overall in 2021

last season :

55 goals, 99 points in 65 regular season games
8 goals, 12 points in 11 play-off games
---------------------------------------------------
63 goals, 111 points in 76 games total

this season :

8 goals, 17 points in 9 regular season games

good pick

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
2 goals for Bolduc last night. Puts him at 14g 26a 40p in 22 games so far. He’s only gone pointless in 3 games iirc. Seems like the blues may have a beauty here.

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Also said HC was racism toward him because he his French.

Had 0 business being cut.

Absolute disgrace at HC as usual

Reactions: CapSpace

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
Also said HC was racism toward him because he his French.

Had 0 business being cut.

Absolute disgrace at HC as usual

His agent had to do damage control after Zach's comments. All he does by saying stuff like that is hurt himself. He's buying in to a victim mentality which isn't a beneficial state of mind and he's throwing shade at H.C. which appears to most people as a sour grapes type of immature response. None of that helps him.

Maybe H.C. just wanted a different type of player in his spot or, now brace yourself here.... he just might not have been as good as the players he was competing with for a spot. Idk, but his response to being cut was immature in any case. Kids 19 and I hope he channels his energy into getting better instead of thinking H.C. wronged him because he's from Quebec.

Reactions: Blueston

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Points don’t mean everything he just wasn’t good enough. Connor Brown led the OHL with 128 points as a 19 year old and didn’t have a spot on Canada either.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Where is his teammate Gaucher from?
Dude sounds like a moron. Its one thing to be upset about not getting the call to represent your country and its another to do what hes doing.

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
Ugh, how is that racism?
To be clear, he never said anything about racism and I feel like a lot of context is missing. He used an expression in French that only implied he thought Quebec-born players already started with one or two “strikes” against them.

It’s not nearly as bad as people are saying, and not false either because the context he’s speaking from is that HC already knows who they’re putting on the PK and PP beforehand, so it’s harder to stand out with no special teams time.

He was more trying to point out it’s an uphill battle since the staff already have their guys chosen, but he never accuses anyone of racism.

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
I'm from Quebec, french is my mother tongue (as you can see with the level of my English haha)

I do believe that there exists some sort of unjustified negative perception against Québécois in Canada. And I do believe that it's very probable that in the history of team Canada there have been instances when being from Quebec made it harder for you to make the team.

However, in this case we have no reason to believe that Bolduc was cut based on where he comes from. He had no shot to be in the top 6 (Bedard, Fantili, Stankoven, Wright, Guenther, Othmann) and is not a particularly good defensive player.

Also, he apparently didn't have a good camp, Corey Pronman said in a podcast that Dumais and Greene had a closer shot at making the team.

Reactions: WatchfulElm

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Nothing to do with being French.

The coach is from the W, favoured players from the W, that kind of thing happens every year.

Not the first, won’t be the last time.

Is he a better prospect than some of the guys? Absolutely. Is it anything more than a coach liking guys more? Nope.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Also, he apparently didn't have a good camp, Corey Pronman said in a podcast that Dumais and Greene had a closer shot at making the team.

For all I know, Bolduc was garbage, but when was the last time Pronman knew, uh...anything?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad