GDT: f*** You Cancer! - New York Islanders @ 19:00EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
As I wrote in the cap thread, it will be interesting if Zucker plays to see how the Zucker-McCann-EROD line looks. If they look good (I have doubts and question if Sullivan has any faith in McCann at C when all are healthy), then it opens up good personnel/line combo options for Hextall and Sullivan.

there’s a difference though in playing Zucker-McCann-Rod line as a second line with minutes and Ozone starts and playing them 10-12 minutes a night as a 3b line....I don’t think they e a particularly great defensive line like BART and Sully wouldn’t want to take away minutes from Sid and G offensively...so I don’t see that line, even if good, having the same impact when G and Kap return to run their own line

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
there’s a difference though in playing Zucker-McCann-Rod line as a second line with minutes and Ozone starts and playing them 10-12 minutes a night as a 3b line....I don’t think they e a particularly great defensive line like BART and Sully wouldn’t want to take away minutes from Sid and G offensively...so I don’t see that line, even if good, having the same impact when G and Kap return to run their own line

No, they wouldn't, but if they're legitimately decent and not a liability, then that trickle down line of guys who have played with Geno and Kap completes your bottom 6 IF you add a guy for Geno and Kap (not some how run shot, but just a legit option who can slot down if it doesn't work as envisioned . . . for example, your Foligno type suggestion).

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So Zucker tonight. The only question left is which of the big boys sits for Jank?

It SHOULD be none of them, but you and I both know perfectly well Drew sits for Zucker and your Czech lad sits for Jank.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If Zucker’s skating looks like shit and he’s not playing well- do we a) scratch him? b) trade him? c) keep throwing minutes at him?

incidentally, I’d love to be wrong about him, but shit in one hand and wish in the other... :laugh:

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
If Zucker’s skating looks like shit and he’s not playing well- do we a) scratch him? b) trade him? c) keep throwing minutes at him?

incidentally, I’d love to be wrong about him, but shit in one hand and wish in the other... :laugh:
Do you really have to ask? This the Mike Sullivan Pens we talking bout here...

d) double shift him!

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

If it is a high ankle sprain he either is good to go or is going to be done in like 3 games so we won't have to worry about it.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Geno is more worrisome to me. Still off ice rehab suggests he isn't close to skating and TB isn't close but I think he can come back quicker than Malkin. Pens need TB back to at least have decent centers if Malkin is out for another couple of weeks.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It SHOULD be none of them, but you and I both know perfectly well Drew sits for Zucker and your Czech lad sits for Jank.

based on practice, it looks like Zohorna may be playing and Angello is out...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
any significance on Geno on LTIR?

he’s not going to be ready in less than 24 days from March 16...that’s not a good sign...trying to bank some money too in case of a trade

edit: best guess for Geno is that earliest return would be for the April 15 home date against the Flyers..that’s the best outcome

Last edited:

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Don’t expect the same game from Saturday. The Isles will come out like their asses are on fire. Faster skating, harder hitting, better board battles, etc.

These next three games might determine the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad