GDT: f*** You Cancer! - New York Islanders @ 19:00EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don’t think Zucker plays...but we’ll find out if he’s activated from LTIR later today...

I’m excited to see if the Pens can replicate any part of their performance from Saturday and pull out another big win...

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not liking the Jarry starting tonight but I can see it if DeSmith is starting in Boston. McCann will continue to stay hot.

Jarry plays better at home than on the road...significantly...I’m sure they’re trying to take advantage of that fact...

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
I think this team reminds me of 2016 team. Young players taking roster spots while teams struggles with injuries. Bad start and game improving night after night. I started to compare 2021 and 2016 players:

sid=sid
geno<geno (Geno's mode is obviously very important and he started to look promising before injury; 12pts in 8 games in march)
gun<kessel
rust>>rust(Rust was barely even roster player back then, now he is almost ppg player)
kapanen>kunitz(Kuni had leadership but was old already)
bonino>mccann
Blueger=>cullen
zucker<horny(Zuck have huge potential to improve tho)
Tanev=<Hagelin(Tanev is a better, more physical version of Hags but Hags was hot back then)
Gaudreau=Sheary
erod>kuhnhackl
zar=wilson

letang=<letang
dumo>dumo
marino=daley
mm>määttä
pett<cole
ceci=lovejoy
Riikola=2016Schultz

jarr=murr
csd<flower

I think pens have a chance this year if they can keep this mindset when real 2nd and 3rd lines come back to the lineup.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Why wouldn't Jarry start? CDS is the back-up goalie on this team.
I would split them until CDS drops off. Condensed year.

CDS is neck and neck with Nedeljkovic as the best backup in the NHL this season. I believe in rewarding performance, and not just going with pre-assigned roles no matter what.

Can't go wrong either way though.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Pens can take the second spot in the Division with a Regulation/Overtime win tonight. Hopefully they can replicate last game.
We're 2 points behind the Isles, so can't give them a loser point in order to jump to 2nd. Either way, I'm ecstatic we got the RW on Saturday with that lineup, so anything else we're able to muster tonight is gravy, IMO.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Great GDT @Clare2904 !!!
eAqW3ol.gif

LGP!

Reactions: KIRK and Clare2904

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
You ride the hot goalie. Same reason why this team lost the play in last year with Murray.

That hasn't been the MO

I would split them until CDS drops off. Condensed year.

CDS is neck and neck with Nedeljkovic as the best backup in the NHL this season. I believe in rewarding performance, and not just going with pre-assigned roles no matter what.

Can't go wrong either way though.

What was CDS looking like the last time he got a lot of NHL workload?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don’t think Zucker plays...but we’ll find out if he’s activated from LTIR later today...

I’m excited to see if the Pens can replicate any part of their performance from Saturday and pull out another big win...

As I wrote in the cap thread, it will be interesting if Zucker plays to see how the Zucker-McCann-EROD line looks. If they look good (I have doubts and question if Sullivan has any faith in McCann at C when all are healthy), then it opens up good personnel/line combo options for Hextall and Sullivan.

Reactions: Andy99

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
As I wrote in the cap thread, it will be interesting if Zucker plays to see how the Zucker-McCann-EROD line looks. If they look good (I have doubts and question if Sullivan has any faith in McCann at C when all are healthy), then it opens up good personnel/line combo options for Hextall and Sullivan.
McCann is the right guy to have Zuck play with during re-introduction. He's had chemistry with like everyone this year.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
McCann is the right guy to have Zuck play with during re-introduction. He's had chemistry with like everyone this year.

When he's been on, yes, McCann has worked with pretty much everyone, but as noted, McCann runs especially hot and cold. I'll be looking for the natural chemistry, if you will . . . something that tells me I'm watching a situation where the whole is greater than the sum of parts with Zucker-McCann and Zucker-McCann-EROD.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
When he's been on, yes, McCann has worked with pretty much everyone, but as noted, McCann runs especially hot and cold. I'll be looking for the natural chemistry, if you will . . . something that tells me I'm watching a situation where the whole is greater than the sum of parts with Zucker-McCann and Zucker-McCann-EROD.
Think it will help a lot having Zuck not feel the need to defer to superstars. Just skate hard and shoot when it's there.
Fingers crossed for him tonight (if he's in) and the next few games. Far from giving up on him.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
What was CDS looking like the last time he got a lot of NHL workload?
Your avatar is what I look like after reading your last couple CDS posts... not sure what point you're trying to make, because CDS has been nothing short of solid during his time with the Pens

We've got a 1A/1B goalie situation right now. Edge goes to Jarry because he's younger and better puck handler. Although even the puck handling I think is closer based on that sick saucer pass from CDS for the 3on5 shorty we scored against the Caps a couple months ago.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think this team reminds me of 2016 team. Young players taking roster spots while teams struggles with injuries. Bad start and game improving night after night. I started to compare 2021 and 2016 players:

sid=sid
geno<geno (Geno's mode is obviously very important and he started to look promising before injury; 12pts in 8 games in march)
gun<kessel
rust>>rust(Rust was barely even roster player back then, now he is almost ppg player)
kapanen>kunitz(Kuni had leadership but was old already)
bonino>mccann
Blueger=>cullen
zucker<horny(Zuck have huge potential to improve tho)
Tanev=<Hagelin(Tanev is a better, more physical version of Hags but Hags was hot back then)
Gaudreau=Sheary
erod>kuhnhackl
zar=wilson

letang=<letang
dumo>dumo
marino=daley
mm>määttä
pett<cole
ceci=lovejoy
Riikola=2016Schultz

jarr=murr
csd<flower

I think pens have a chance this year if they can keep this mindset when real 2nd and 3rd lines come back to the lineup.

HBK emerged in Malkin's absence. Hard to overstate how much of a catalyst that was.

This would be akin to say Zucker-Teddy-Tanev becoming a thing before the playoffs, but I'm not sure Teddy will be back quickly enough to have a run like that and I can't see Sullivan breaking up BART.

Reactions: kladorf2005
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->