F Yegor Surin - Loko Yaroslavl, MHL (2024 Draft)

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
He'd taken a lot of faceoffs in some games before

2023-11-19_10-17-17.png

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
soooo, where does he rank? and which NHL player would be comparable? (who's seen Surin play)

pace for 19 goals, about 60 points with 120 penalty minutes and +/- +25
I would personally take him in the first. Don’t know that the media scouts or the NHL scouts agree.

I think he’s like a mix of Trevor Zegras and Max Domi. He’s got that very risky, wild man play with the puck. Lots of highlight type plays but also really needs to clean a lot of things up like Zegras. Risky player. But he’s also very violent for a little man. Always involved in scrums and mixing it up after whistles. Throws big hits and gets under the skin of opponents. Kind of like Domi.

I’m a big fan. I could definitely understand how others might not like him though.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I would personally take him in the first. Don’t know that the media scouts or the NHL scouts agree.

I think he’s like a mix of Trevor Zegras and Max Domi. He’s got that very risky, wild man play with the puck. Lots of highlight type plays but also really needs to clean a lot of things up like Zegras. Risky player. But he’s also very violent for a little man. Always involved in scrums and mixing it up after whistles. Throws big hits and gets under the skin of opponents. Kind of like Domi.

I’m a big fan. I could definitely understand how others might not like him though.
thanks

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
He plays a strong two-way game down the middle. He is positionally sound, skates well, has a physical element, and a high compete level. He makes the simple plays a lot, but could use some creativity. If he had that extra gear, I think he could make the top 10. His shot is one of the weaker parts of his game. I like his passing ability and see him make some difficult passes through tight windows often.

Right now I see him as a #2/3c projection to the NHL with PK qualities. Plus he’s a late birthday

rt

May 13, 2004
He plays a strong two-way game down the middle. He is positionally sound, skates well, has a physical element, and a high compete level. He makes the simple plays a lot, but could use some creativity. If he had that extra gear, I think he could make the top 10. His shot is one of the weaker parts of his game. I like his passing ability and see him make some difficult passes through tight windows often.

Right now I see him as a #2/3c projection to the NHL with PK qualities. Plus he’s a late birthday
I haven’t watched him much this season. Last season I did not see a simple player. I saw a wild man who took crazy risks and flashed lots of skill with little discipline. Somewhat Trevor Zegras-like. But meaner and always mixing it up after whistles. Max Domi-like, to some degree.

i like his skating, edge work, his shot too, very hard to read, reminds me of Alex DeBrincat
With a little Nick Cousins in there, too. In terms of being a pain in the neck.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I haven’t watched him much this season. Last season I did not see a simple player. I saw a wild man who took crazy risks and flashed lots of skill with little discipline. Somewhat Trevor Zegras-like. But meaner and always mixing it up after whistles. Max Domi-like, to some degree.

With a little Nick Cousins in there, too. In terms of being a pain in the neck.
In one game I saw him make these short nifty saucer passes towards the center of the ice. It was out of the box thinking that most players can’t pull off. My concerns lie with him trying to create space in the offensive zone. Sometimes he will stickhandle himself into a corner. He turns the puckover too much in the offensive zone imo. It makes me think he projects more as a 3rd line center instead of a 2nd liner. I really love the mold of a prospect he is. He has a lot of admirable qualities.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

rt

May 13, 2004
In one game I saw him make these short nifty saucer passes towards the center of the ice. It was out of the box thinking that most players can’t pull off. My concerns lie with him trying to create space in the offensive zone. Sometimes he will stickhandle himself into a corner. He turns the puckover too much in the offensive zone imo. It makes me think he projects more as a 3rd line center instead of a 2nd liner. I really love the mold of a prospect he is. He has a lot of admirable qualities.
I agree. He gets himself into a lot of trouble on the ice in a lot of ways but you have to admire the fire in his belly that causes it. To quote Dean Lombardi “It’s better to have to tame a tiger than have to paint stripes on a p***ycat.”

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Agree on the comments about creating space, I think seperation is iffy at times too, and on turnovers, although I think he has the offensive talent and physicality to be a 2nd line Center, and given he's a late 06 I think he has the chance to really grow a lot more in the future.

Definitely see some Max Domi in his game with that mix of offensive IQ and willingness to use the body.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Think he just scored a tap in goal

Maybe I'm going crazy I don't know. 🤣 I think I lucked out, I threw on a Loko-76 game to watch some more Artyom Krikunenko and Dmitri Utkin, I see number #70 Surin. I was like wtf, he plays for the other Loko team... maybe they transferred him here for a game?

Surin was very noticeable today

Last edited:

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
This guy will definitely sneak into the first round. High upside two way centre.
I think the big question about him is his temper. He was ejected a little while back for a pretty vicious hit of an opposing player that became a scrap they both got canned for. It's not his first time being a bit hot-headed.

Guess the Domi comparison really is accurate.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think the big question about him is his temper. He was ejected a little while back for a pretty vicious hit of an opposing player that became a scrap they both got canned for. It's not his first time being a bit hot-headed.

Guess the Domi comparison really is accurate.

Lol, who cares about 17 year old kid's temper. It's like buying a brand new Mercedes and asking how good will it be after 200k kilometers...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad