Prospect Info: F Tristan Broz (2nd round, #58 overall, 2021)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
and i thought he was a center. or are we talking about two deferent players?

Mentioned it right above your post. He has played some of both, but more of winger from what I've seen. I could see a team try to develop him as either, but I would guess he'll be a winger, either from how a team decides to develop him or shifting there because center is the harder position to play and statistically not very many guys who aren't full time centers at lower levels end up being full time centers in the NHL.

Reactions: The Old Master

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Broz is probably already a top-5 prospect in their pool and I feel like he can easily blow up into their top prospect within 1-3 years.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm not gonna pretend to know a damn thing about the dude for like two or three years. :laugh:

Seems decent enough. Should hopefully add some skill to a miserably barebones prospect cupboard that even our best prospects are realistically B-tier or C-tier.

Until we're in full rebuild and picking in the top-10, I'm not really gonna give two shits about these guys none of us have ever heard of, tbh. :laugh: Hope he pans out, but if he does, it won't be until the era is already over most likely.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

That release alone at the end of the sequence has my mouth watering.

So Gove uses a video of him on the powerplay doing what most on that side of the ice do and says it's what he loves and hates about his game...lol. I hate these "analysts" so much sometimes.

It's the f***ing powerplay, if he joins the scrum, that entire side is left open to skate to and dump the puck away for the other team.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Also “completely shit on people in the USHL playoffs” is great analysis

I've never heard this expression used in a hockey context. Does it mean he dominated the field of play so much it was like he shit on the competition? That doesn't make sense to me.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I like that he's going to the Gophers, such a fantastic hockey program for a player like him. I'd be shocked if he stays there 2-3 years.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So Gove uses a video of him on the powerplay doing what most on that side of the ice do and says it's what he loves and hates about his game...lol. I hate these "analysts" so much sometimes.

It's the f***ing powerplay, if he joins the scrum, that entire side is left open to skate to and dump the puck away for the other team.

I don’t know anything about Broz, but that tweet is bizarre.

Dude doesn’t know he’s playing the half wall on the PP?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t know anything about Broz, but that tweet is bizarre.

Dude doesn’t know he’s playing the half wall on the PP?
Exactly. He picks out a clip on the powerplay, he's in the spot he should be and he scores because of it and yet somehow he's playing the "this is what I love and hate about him....perimeter..."

It's the god damned powerplay mate, it's literally the role of that player on that side.

Reactions: Doogle

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Exactly. He picks out a clip on the powerplay, he's in the spot he should be and he scores because of it and yet somehow he's playing the "this is what I love and hate about him....perimeter..."

It's the god damned powerplay mate, it's literally the role of that player on that side.

Didn't show any inclination to play a 200' game there. Already not playing the right way.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Such a floater just cherry picking at the side of the net.

I see Malkin play that way a few times a game and it drives me crazy.

Seriously, was reading a few reports looking for his weaknesses; sounds like skating speed and size/strength. I guess we'll all see in a couple/few years. Let's hope he doesn't start to suffer a series of cataclysmic/freakish injuries in college like one of former first round forward picks.

Reactions: Trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad