Prospect Info: F Tristan Broz (2nd round, #58 overall, 2021)

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Outside of like, absolutely prolific numbers or absolutely miserable numbers in Juniors/college, I'm not sure it matters what kind of production a guy puts up until he hits the AHL, and even then, it's not a great indicator of how well his production/play transitions to the NHL. There were plenty of guys who tore it up in the AHL and were 13th or 14th forwards, at best, at the NHL level.

Reactions: madinsomniac

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
people that are paid to know, have him rated all over. seems like a guy to take a chance on.
Bobby Mac had him at #43, I think he's the gold standard as far as draft rankings. His opinion on the matter carries a lot of weight with me. And some others had him even higher. Eight of those 10 ranking bureaus had him going much higher than 58.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
So Gove uses a video of him on the powerplay doing what most on that side of the ice do and says it's what he loves and hates about his game...lol. I hate these "analysts" so much sometimes.

It's the f***ing powerplay, if he joins the scrum, that entire side is left open to skate to and dump the puck away for the other team.
Yeah, I watched the video a few times to see where he “forced the play to the perimeter” and didn’t see anything.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Anyone else starting to feel really old when these kids get drafted and say they idolized Sidney Crosby growing up? f*** I'm old. For the longest time it was about how they idolized Lemieux and Jagr and I was like hell yeah me too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad