F Tommaso De Luca - HC Ambrì-Piotta, NL (2023 undrafted)

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Wow, that is a big get for Spokane. Catton and him should turn around Spokane in a hurry.
Not sure if those two are enough. But they’ll definitely get every opportunity to be the go-to guys who turn it around.

Reactions: Bubbles

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
He was not selected for any tournaments or training camps for young Swiss players scheduled this summer:
https://www.sihf.ch/media/23261/u18-aufgebot-juli-2022.pdf (u18 camp in Davos as preparation for the Hlinka Gretzky Cup)
News National Teams Prospect camp
News National Teams (u20 camp in Finland as preparation for the WC U20)
Would he be eligible to play for Switzerland? Even if he was, I’m not sure he’d make it anywhere this year. He’s in that awkward spot as a December-born U19 player where he isn’t eligible for the U18 anymore but maybe not far enough in his development to play U20.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Gianpaolo

Jan 28, 2006
Would he be eligible to play for Switzerland?
He has never represented Italy on any level and he meets all the requirements needed for the Swiss citizenship. I do not know if he has ever applied for that or not, but I know for sure he was considering to do that.

Reactions: pgfan66

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
He has never represented Italy on any level and he meets all the requirements needed for the Swiss citizenship. I do not know if he has ever applied for that or not, but I know for sure he was considering to do that.
He has applied for Swiss citizenship. He is awaiting the passport to come in. That's why he hasn't played for Italy internationally before. He wants to play for Switzerland.

Reactions: pgfan66

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
2G, 2A tonight. Had a quiet preseason until tonight. Spokane is definitely one to watch with Catton, De Luca and Weinstein.

Graham Sward is a pretty decent piece as well as well as Raegan Wiles, therir back end has some promise.​

Reactions: Bubbles

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
2G, 2A tonight. Had a quiet preseason until tonight. Spokane is definitely one to watch with Catton, De Luca and Weinstein.
He didn’t play much until last night I think. They have a lot of ice time to fringe players to prove themselves and to 06/07s to show what they can do. He was listed as the 13th forward in the previous game vs. Portland but I don’t think he actually played.

Graham Sward is a pretty decent piece as well as well as Raegan Wiles, therir back end has some promise.​

Not sure about this. I do like Sward, Wiles and Weinstein as the top 3, but behind that there isn’t a whole lot there. Expecting their D to look something like this:

Sward-Wiles
Weinstein-Crampton
Gross-McIsaac
Bonni/Cunningham/Mayes

Would be huge if they could add Jiricek.

Reactions: wetcoast

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
De Luca added two assists in his second game.

I watched the game and he looked quite good. Set up a few more quality chances and worked hard in all three zones.

Reactions: Sagikev and Bubbles

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Good start for De Luca with 3 points in two games. I was sceptical about his prospects in the dub because his statline in Swiss juniors was comparable to players that struggeled quite a bit in the CHL in the last few years. Lets hope he can keep it going unlike Segafredo last year who started well too but then fell of.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Good start for De Luca with 3 points in two games. I was sceptical about his prospects in the dub because his statline in Swiss juniors was comparable to players that struggeled quite a bit in the CHL in the last few years. Lets hope he can keep it going unlike Segafredo last year who started well too but then fell of.
I believe we had this discussion somewhere else before. I was also surprised when his PPG didn’t really improve from 2020-21 to 2021-22, especially considering he arguably played on a better team in 2021-22. But I never doubted his WHL chances because of his skill set. Watching him play, he just brings a ton of skills that should translate really well. Especially his ability to play in tight areas, his smarts around the net and his wrist shot that he can get off in a hurry even when he receives a bad pass or needs to shot out of traffic. But as you said: it’ll be interesting to follow if he can keep it up – Victoria will be one of the worst teams in the league this year, so they aren’t the best indication.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Now at 4 points in 3 games, after adding another assist in a 4-2 loss against Kamloops.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad