F Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022 Draft) Part 2

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
This just tells me that if Slafovsky was a better player he would have had better production.
players have very little control of their on ice shooting %, and only limited control of their own sh%. Wingers who shoot mostly from the outside still typically shoot double that %. If they get closer to the net and get deflections they go higher still.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
players have very little control of their on ice shooting %, and only limited control of their own sh%. Wingers who shoot mostly from the outside still typically shoot double that %. If they get closer to the net and get deflections they go higher still.
I guess guys like Pastrnak are just lucky year on year...

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Really couldn't care less what he becomes as long as he can help us win. The goal is to ice a winning team with a winning culture with players that can help us win. Seems like some people just want to win pissing matches on point totals between 1st overalls and *superstars*. As if Mathews and McDavid have won anything ,so much for being able to put up 30 more points than others loool it's a team game

ijuka

May 14, 2016

That's not true. He was shooting at 10.4%. not 5.6%.

Fact checking would be appreciated.

Liiga counts missed shots in sh%.
Yep, it's shot attempt(corsi)% that's listed on Liiga site. Every year people for some reason are confused about this. It counts missed and blocked shots. You manually calculate actual shooting %(only saved shots)

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Heh, Bet Wright fans wish this thread would quietly go to the 2nd/3rd page like the Slafkovsky thread did.:sarcasm:
Not sure why anyone really cares. Wright will be drafted by Habs 1st overall and all will be Wright with the world.

The backlash against Wright will help lower expectations in the pressure cooker of Montreal. The negativity will serve as motivation for Wright to prove to Montreal and the detractors that he is 1OA material.

I think Wright will be perfect for the Habs and fairly certain Hughes will not pass on him. Its Wright vs Cooley and i think its a no-brainer pick to select Wright.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
And he shot 30% in the Olympics but everyone is salivating over those numbers.

Fact remains he had 10 points in Liiga. He’s not good enough to be taken 1st overall.
Great point! If people want to say his shooting percentage was low in LIGA and it would trend back to mean then they must also say that about his world championship/Olympic performances as well

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Not sure why anyone really cares. Wright will be drafted by Habs 1st overall and all will be Wright with the world.

The backlash against Wright will help lower expectations in the pressure cooker of Montreal. The negativity will serve as motivation for Wright to prove to Montreal and the detractors that he is 1OA material.

I think Wright will be perfect for the Habs and fairly certain Hughes will not pass on him. Its Wright vs Cooley and i think its a no-brainer pick to select Wright.
Cooley is exactly what Hughes described wanting his team to be in his first press conference, though.

If they end up selecting Wright not sure he's Hughes or even Gorton's choice.

And funny enough in some article from TVA Sport from a journalist who were at the combine he spoke with some scouts and one who knows Martin Lapointe well said from what he knows about Lapointe, Wright is not the type of player he likes.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChesterNimitz

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Cooley is exactly what Hughes described wanting his team to be in his first press conference, though.

And funny enough in some article from TVA Sport from a journalist who were at the combine he spoke with some scouts and one who knows Martin Lapointe well said from what he knows about Lapointe, Wright is not the type of player he likes.
HuGo are going to be the ones calling the shots.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010

To be fair, a lot of what he described also fits Wright and many other players. It’s a generic answer that I would not read too much into

To be fair, a lot of what he described also fits Wright and many other players. It’s a generic answer

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
To be fair, a lot of what he described also fits Wright and many other players. It’s a generic answer that I would not read too much into

To be fair, a lot of what he described also fits Wright and many other players. It’s a generic answer

Don't think what he said described Wright much.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Man, all the Wright puns are tiring now.

Its like seeing someone call the Prime Minister Tru-dump and thinking they are clever.

I hope the Montreal reporters don't do this or Wright is going to request a trade after a couple months.

"hey Wright do you feel like the reason you won this game was because you played the WRIGHT way?"

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00