Confirmed with Link: F Noah Gregor signs PTO

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Was a close to or over ppg player in leagues below the NHL. Bad luck? Low shooting percentage or a weak shot that can’t beat NHL level goalies?

Speed and hitting on the forecheck might get him some marks, but at the end of the day, preseason depth who will qualify for the the NHL player quota for preseason games.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yes. It was all about Schenn.

Burke made a big show of trying to get #1 via trade though.

As I recall Burke was working with the assumption that he could move up to 2 with Tampa to select Tavares if the Islanders went with Hedman. The Isles were also making feints towards Duchene and for a while number one pick seemed more fluid than it ended up being.

Tampa was looking at Luke Schenn and the 7th for the 2nd at the time. I’m not sure if they were set on Hedman or nothing since they already had Stamkos. Don’t remember if they were all that interested in a Stamkos Tavares 1-2.

The safe betting was the Leafs would have a shot at Brayden Schenn but LA spoiled that for us. Kadri was a bit of a darkhorse pick. I think there was also some Paajarvi-Svensson and Cowen talk.

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
As I recall Burke was working with the assumption that he could move up to 2 with Tampa to select Tavares if the Islanders went with Hedman. The Isles were also making feints towards Duchene and for a while number one pick seemed more fluid than it ended up being.

Tampa was looking at Luke Schenn and the 7th for the 2nd at the time. I’m not sure if they were set on Hedman or nothing since they already had Stamkos. Don’t remember if they were all that interested in a Stamkos Tavares 1-2.

The safe betting was the Leafs would have a shot at Brayden Schenn but LA spoiled that for us. Kadri was a bit of a darkhorse pick. I think there was also some Paajarvi-Svensson and Cowen talk.
Kadri was the F U to Ottawa pick as I remember. "Oh you like him. Us too, we're taking him.".

Reactions: freshwind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad