Confirmed with Link: F Noah Gregor signs PTO

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
There was a bunch of 4th line forwards sitting there for awhile. Now, the PTO's are starting. I liked the group of Comtois/Shaw/Gregor. They were all 24 at the start of FA, a few years younger than McMann and they were much more experienced, provided a good level of grit as well. I thought on paper if you were considering McMann to be your 4th line winger and there was even some thought of protecting him from waivers. Would one of these young 4th line wingers with experience be smarter choices to roll forward with, so I'm not surprised by this PTO. Gregor likely signs for league minimum and then they get RFA control. Given they really have no cap space with Timmins the likely one being kept from the chopping block at full health. They will probably have to stash Gregor, like Benoit and McMann in the minors until injury if they can slide them through.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Honestly would have preffered to give him the contract and Gambrell the PTO but good signing

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Won't pretend that I remember seeing him play, but his takeaway/giveaway numbers look great and he racks up hits.

Sharks fans are saying he's got tremendous wheels but hands of stone.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Really like this addition, wouldn’t have minded giving him an NHL contract instead of a PTO but hopefully he earns it through training camp. Could be a nice addition to our fourth line.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Looks like he's an offensive player by nature who has never really been given that opportunity at the NHL level, on a terrible team nonetheless. Doesn't kill penalties. He's miscast on a 4th line I'm guessing but may only be a tweener talent like Gambrel.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Noah Gregor • LW
Ht/Wt : 6'0", 185 lbs.
Born : Jul 28, 1998 (25 yrs) in Beaumont, Alta.
Experience : 4 years
Drafted : Drafted by San Jose in 2016 (4/111).
Shoots : L

2022-23 SEASON STATS

GP
G
A
PTS
+/-
PIM
PPG
SHG
GWG
TOI
S
PTSPG
YTD
12:58

SCOUTING REPORT

The fast forward has the speed and smarts in the offensive zone to produce plenty of scoring chances for himself and his linemates. He is an excellent passer. The biggest issue is his shot; he has yet to show he can beat NHL goaltenders on a consistent basis. Part of that problem may be a lack of strength, so bulking up could help his shot and make him harder to knock off the puck.
Long Range Potential : Speedy versatile forward.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Noah Gregor • LW
Ht/Wt : 6'0", 185 lbs.
Born : Jul 28, 1998 (25 yrs) in Beaumont, Alta.
Experience : 4 years
Drafted : Drafted by San Jose in 2016 (4/111).
Shoots : L

2022-23 SEASON STATS

GP
G
A
PTS
+/-
PIM
PPG
SHG
GWG
TOI
S
PTSPG
YTD
12:58

SCOUTING REPORT
The fast forward has the speed and smarts in the offensive zone to produce plenty of scoring chances for himself and his linemates. He is an excellent passer. The biggest issue is his shot; he has yet to show he can beat NHL goaltenders on a consistent basis. Part of that problem may be a lack of strength, so bulking up could help his shot and make him harder to knock off the puck.
Long Range Potential : Speedy versatile forward.
Literally sounds like a poor mans Alex Kerfoot. Which when paid accordingly and slotted properly in the lineup, I have no issues with.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
I love when players like this come in on a PTO. He's the kind of player that can fill-in a top 6 roster spot during pre-season. Put him on a line with top players for a pre-season game and he will be quick enough to allow the regulars to shake off the rust, but you don't have to dress every regular to do it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
There doesn't seem to be a spot for him to take unless Sam Lafferty job is in more danger than we thought

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020

Sharks' Noah Gregor Wires Home Snapshot To Pick Up First Career Hat Trick vs. Coyotes​

Noah Gregor Scores Back-To-Back Goals Just 26 Seconds Apart​

How does "hands of stone" score a hattrick? A deflection off a defender's skate and two defender stick tips. A hattrick and a two goal game is more than the majority of players have ever accomplished in the league.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
So Kapanen

Sounds similar but a bit more willing to engage physically and pass the puck. Although Kapanen also had a pretty heavy shot (usually aimed at the goalie's chest).

How does "hands of stone" score a hattrick? A deflection off a defender's skate and two defender stick tips. A hattrick and a two goal game is more than the majority of players have ever accomplished in the league.

You don't remember when Boyd Deveraux scored a hatty against Ottawa in 2009, which cost us a chance at the #1 overall pick and the possibility of drafting Tavares or Hedman that year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad