F Maddox Schultz - Regina Pat Blues, SAAHL U15 (2028 Draft)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
His WHL draft year would be next season. 2009s get drafted this year.

I would be shocked if he was drafted over Dupont, Cripps, Mckamey. The 2009s are a strong group
i don’t think you understand the WHL drafts kids at 15 years old, then they have to wait a year to play in the league. If he got ES, it would be next season and he could immediately play in the league. He is by far the best in his age group in my opinion and I see no reason why he wouldn’t go #1.

Reactions: JotAlan

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020

I would be shocked if he was drafted over Dupont, Cripps, Mckamey. The 2009s are a strong group

As said by Leprospect you probably don't understand how draft whl works. He will compete with others in 2010 and if he achieves exceptional status he will enter the WHL in his 15 year old season. And even if he competed with the 09, I believe he would be behind only Dupont and perhaps Cripps, but I would place him second, because Dupont is so good that he is another possible player of ES.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
If he was eligible this year he'd go 2nd behind Dupont who should get exceptional. Whether Maddox gets exceptional after next year will be determined how he does in midget AAA his draft year in a much more even playing field. He is a amazing talent but has had some stat padding games vs the weaker southern teams. I've seen 3 of his AP games with the Pat Cs and he looks like he could play up already this year

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
If he was eligible this year he'd go 2nd behind Dupont who should get exceptional. Whether Maddox gets exceptional after next year will be determined how he does in midget AAA his draft year in a much more even playing field. He is an amazing talent but has had some stat padding games vs the weaker southern teams. I've seen 3 of his AP games with the Pat Cs and he looks like he could play up already this year
Since you’re from SK can you enlighten me how he compares to Catton, Heidt, Yager, at the same age. Also how SK AAA scoring compares to the CSSHL, thanks

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Since you’re from SK can you enlighten me how he compares to Catton, Heidt, Yager, at the same age. Also how SK AAA scoring compares to the CSSHL, thanks
Last year I didn't think he was quite on their level more closer to McQueen but he improved a lot over the summer where I'd say he's at least on their level during their "1st year bantam". Sask is a much tougher league to play in as a whole because there are no easy games and anyone can beat anyone on a given night. From my view the csshl has some really stacked teams but then falls off faster so have more lopsided games but I don't watch a ton of prep. It's pretty tough to be a ppg player in the Saskatchewan AAA league as only 23 players are ppg or better. Of those 23 basically all of them are either high whl picks or 3rd year players

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007

Exceptional status is different in the WHL. He would still be eligible in his regular draft year (with the other 2010s), he would just be able to play in the WHL full time at 15. In other words, he can't apply for exceptional status to be drafted with the 09s.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Last year I didn't think he was quite on their level more closer to McQueen but he improved a lot over the summer where I'd say he's at least on their level during their "1st year bantam". Sask is a much tougher league to play in as a whole because there are no easy games and anyone can beat anyone on a given night. From my view the csshl has some really stacked teams but then falls off faster so have more lopsided games but I don't watch a ton of prep. It's pretty tough to be a ppg player in the Saskatchewan AAA league as only 23 players are ppg or better. Of those 23 basically all of them are either high whl picks or 3rd year players

got it wrong? or do you believe he is at the same level this season as Yager/Heidt were in the 17/18 season?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
got it wrong? or do you believe he is at the same level this season as Yager/Heidt were in the 17/18 season?
As a 2nd year peewee age playing up he didn't look quite as dominant as the other 3 but this year in his 1st bantam age I'd say he looks just as good as them if not slightly more imposing from a physical standpoint. Him and Surkan have great chemistry which helps. Surkan is a 1st round talent himself but will probably go in the 2nd, maybe 3rd because of size

Reactions: JotAlan

IWillMakeTheNHL

May 13, 2023
Saw his most recent u15 aa game on Livebarn today. He had 10 goals and 4 assists in a 19-0 win. As you might imagine, he looked really good except it is difficult to see the numbers so I couldn’t be 100% sure if it was him every time.

I didn’t realize how much effort they put into a simple u15 aa game in Saskatchewan. Looked like they had 10-15 minutes of warmup before cleaning the ice, then get back on for player intros and the national anthem, and an announcer, goal horns, a huge arena, and cleaning the ice between periods. But overall he looked really good even though the opponent wasn’t very good.

WayneGretzky

Jul 25, 2016
👀 80396471-808C-480A-93B6-C9B08DAFD93F.jpeg

Last edited:

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
It’s funny that people on the internet are absolutely fawning over Prabh Bhathal’s numbers, when they should be doing it to Schultz.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
No. Lets pump the breaks a bit here folks.

Gotta remember, he is playing for the U15 team, at AA Level
Now, if he was playing for the U18 team and AAA...

Let him have his first U18 season before making any wild ideas
You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.

Stick to reading stats on EliteProspects, the big boys are having a discussion on one of the most promising potential prospects in the sport.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
No. Lets pump the breaks a bit here folks.

Gotta remember, he is playing for the U15 team, at AA Level
Now, if he was playing for the U18 team and AAA...

Let him have his first U18 season before making any wild ideas
Going to echo the poster above. It is clear you don't know the structure of Canadian hockey leagues and how to properly put stats into context.

Schultz is a 2010 (his 13 year old season). He is a year younger than other top scorers in this U15 league. Show me anywhere in Canada where a 13 year old is or has played U18 consistently at that age (and don't say Gavin McKenna because he first played U18 in his 14 year old season). Schultz finished with nearly 1.5-2.0 more points per game than guys like Catton, Yager, Heidt, Sillinger, Schwartz, Zary, and McQueen at the same age in the same league. He is statistically the best prospect in Saskatchewan history at his age.

Schultz will play U18 next year as a 14 year old (and is one of only a handful who have ever played a U18 game in Saskatchewan at 13) and, if he has the season most expect, he is without question in the discussion for exceptional status. Doesn't mean he'll get it, especially since Dupont may get it this year and there could be "sensitivities"" around granting it in back to back years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3