F Maddox Schultz - Regina Pat Blues, SAAHL U15 (2028 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Have heard very good things out of this kid out of Saskatchewan, His EP page confirms what I’ve heard - I realize it is still very far out but I felt he deserved a thread nonetheless. He is playing up two years and is still posting point per game numbers in the Saskatchewan U15 league - it would be impressive if he was putting up those numbers as an ‘09 in that league but as a ‘10, playing in the league, let alone producing is insane. I’ll be exited to follow this kids progress moving forward and wish only the best for him.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
you need to calm it down with these threads lol. Have only seen him once so far so don't know him super well yet but will see plenty of him next weekend at the Graham Tuer. Listed at 5'5 130 and is a really good skater. Game I saw he was pretty quiet but good shot for his size and tried some moves that didn't quite work but ones that only elite talents try. Most of his points came in one game vs a weak team but does deserve to play up already. Again still need to get looks at him to be more accurate but as of now not on Yager, Heidt, Catton level at same age but similar to McQueen. Kids that age progress so rapidly and differently so we'll see what he becomes

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
you need to calm it down with these threads lol. Have only seen him once so far so don't know him super well yet but will see plenty of him next weekend at the Graham Tuer. Listed at 5'5 130 and is a really good skater. Game I saw he was pretty quiet but good shot for his size and tried some moves that didn't quite work but ones that only elite talents try. Most of his points came in one game vs a weak team but does deserve to play up already. Again still need to get looks at him to be more accurate but as of now not on Yager, Heidt, Catton level at same age but similar to McQueen. Kids that age progress so rapidly and differently so we'll see what he becomes
Appreciate the insight.

I’ll try and refrain from making threads this far out. I just love seeing a double underage forward playing and producing in a U15 league and figured there was a few people that would find it interesting as well as myself when I heard tell of him.
I’ll just bookmark them and give it a few years haha

Last edited:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Appreciate the insight.

I’ll try and refrain from making threads this far out. I just love seeing a double underage forward playing and producing in a U15 league and figured there was a few people that would find it interesting as well as myself when I heard tell of him.
I’ll just bookmark them and give it a few years haha
oh don't worry it was mostly tongue in cheek because of how many threads you make lol. Generally I wait until at least their draft year or played a bit in the whl before I make one but not like it hurts anything to make it early. The only other 4 players who've played up in sask since I've followed the draft went 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th so good chance he'll end up a high pick himself. It's also his 1st time playing contact so there'll be a adjustment period for him

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
2 more looks at him since first post and he's definitely getting more comfortable. Surprising how much he loves to play physically with hits and also battling on the boards but good sign for him to survive the WHL. Is now pulling off some of those high end moves and looked great today vs arguably the top team in the province in Humboldt. Still streaky with his points but obviously young kid. A ways away but most likely will play up in Midget AAA his draft year for the Pat C's.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
This kid could be a special talent.

Dauyne Beuker, who could very well be a first round bantam pick in the upcoming WHL draft only has 19 points on him. And Maddox is 2 years younger.

For comparisons sake:

Berkley Catton scored 56 points in 30 games at the same age.
Brayden Yager scored 59 points in 31 games.

Maddox Schultz has 43 in 18.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
61 points in 27 games and he is the highest scoring player ever in this league at his age.

Beating Brayden Yager who went 3rd overall in the WHL draft.

Berkley Catton who went 1st overall in the WHL draft.

Amd Riley Heidt who went 2nd overall in the WHL draft.

Safe to say this kid is in some elite company.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Impressive first year for sure but did have the benefit of playing in the southern division vs weaker teams while the other players listed played in the much tougher north(always is this way). When he's on he's as dominant as those 3 were but he has moments where you still have to look for him, the others you never did. There's no doubt he'll be ready to play up in Midget AAA his draft year though and early front runner for 1st in 2025 whl draft.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

LetsWaitNsee

Feb 23, 2023
Impressive first year for sure but did have the benefit of playing in the southern division vs weaker teams while the other players listed played in the much tougher north(always is this way). When he's on he's as dominant as those 3 were but he has moments where you still have to look for him, the others you never did. There's no doubt he'll be ready to play up in Midget AAA his draft year though and early front runner for 1st in 2025 whl draft.
Saw him at the Franchise Cup in 2021. In SK he is fortunate enough to play in the weaker division as an underager! Kids in other provinces don’t get the opportunity! Crosby Mateychuk and Mateo Ferreira from MB were at the same tournament! Mateo Ferreira is # 2-3 on EP for 2010s ! He was the MVP, Top D, and first all star team at the Franchise Cup in 2021! Crosby is now 5-10 and 165 lbs! 2 MB kids to look for in 2025 draft! Schultz, Ferreira, Mateychuk could all be top 09 kids!

LetsWaitNsee

Feb 23, 2023
2021 Franchise Cup tournament

Attachments

• 9C999DBE-F6F6-4069-A81E-4C291D2FF412.png
    9C999DBE-F6F6-4069-A81E-4C291D2FF412.png
    593.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 56CE8288-850D-4C6F-8AB8-2CE31C3520B8.jpeg
    56CE8288-850D-4C6F-8AB8-2CE31C3520B8.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 18

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
He played his first game yesterday with the U18 team in the SMAAAHL, and scored a goal in a 4-2 loss. He's still only 13. He's also leading the SAAHL with 26-22-48 in 12GP, which is an all-time league leading pace for a 13 year old that's played at least 10 games, ahead of players like Catton, Yager, and Heidt. He's looking like a special player.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
What's happening to this boy? 89 points in 18 games lol
Is he that talented? Catton had a buzz about exceptional status, Yager/Heidt applied and were denied. Can this kid do it?

Last edited:

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
What's happening to this boy? 89 points in 18 games lol
Is he that talented? If Catton there was any buzz about exceptional status and Yager/Heidt applied. Can this kid do it?
Not sure there has been much buzz about exceptional status. I don't think he would go top 3 even if he was granted it. For that reason I would be surprised if he was granted EP

Reactions: JotAlan

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Not sure there has been much buzz about exceptional status. I don't think he would go top 3 even if he was granted it. For that reason I would be surprised if he was granted EP
Who would he be competing with next season anyway?

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020

And who do you think would be the top 3?
He may not be able to or not even try, but if he continues on this evolution curve it will be difficult to ignore.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Who would he be competing with next season anyway?
His WHL draft year would be next season. 2009s get drafted this year.

And who do you think would be the top 3?
He may not be able to or not even try, but if he continues on this evolution curve it will be difficult to ignore.
I would be shocked if he was drafted over Dupont, Cripps, Mckamey. The 2009s are a strong group

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00