F Konsta Helenius - Jukurit, FIN Liiga (2024 Draft)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Surprised the Aho comparison hasn't been brought up more.

Helenius' IQ is really impressive. Could end up thinking his way to a lot of high scoring seasons.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like this guy a lot. Definitely deserves to be top 10. Perception about him might suffer because he isn't elite at any one thing ... the old jacl of all trades, master of none.

I see a smart player, and the fact that he has been playing with men is a plus.

Reactions: slumpy43

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I like this guy a lot. Definitely deserves to be top 10. Perception about him might suffer because he isn't elite at any one thing ... the old jacl of all trades, master of none.

Yeah, Antti Miettinen deluxe. Both have really good wristers though.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

I would consider his hockey sense to be his best asset and definitely elite in this year's draft that features a lot of players with great tools but questions about their toolbox.

• Love
Reactions: Svedu and Blueston

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

If you don't have a elite trait, you are not a top 10 pick... At least in this particular draft.

Last edited:

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
And then there's Seth Jarvis...

Helenius's game sounds almost exactly like Aho's...worries about his size, praise for his hockey IQ, has the knack of doing the right thing at the right time...
I was very high on Seth Jarvis (had him #7 OA predraft).

Very good skater, high motor, very good shot. Destroyed the WHL by himself in his D-1 (was like 3 ppg from January on).

Offensive potential for a 1st line player was way more evident.

Aho went in the 2nd round for a reason. For every Aho there is a Sebastian Collberg, etc.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I was very high on Seth Jarvis (had him #7 OA predraft).

Very good skater, high motor, very good shot. Destroyed the WHL by himself in his D-1 (was like 3 ppg from January on).

Offensive potential for a 1st line player was way more evident.

Aho went in the 2nd round for a reason. For every Aho there is a Sebastian Collberg, etc.

Helenius' production against men in the top Finnish league is among the best seasons ever for a 17 year old.

He'd likely destroy the WHL in a similar way to Jarvis had he been playing against his own age group.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Helenius' production against men in the top Finnish league is among the best seasons ever for a 17 year old.

He'd likely destroy the WHL in a similar way to Jarvis had he been playing against his own age group.
He does not have the tools (speed, shot) that Jarvis has.

Like I said, he's a good prospect, high floor type... But not a top 10 prospect in this draft for me.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Like I said, he's a good prospect, high floor type... But not a top 10 prospect in this draft for me.
Has now, or had then? I don't recall his speed, or shot being raved about back when he was drafted. His skating was above average, sort of like Helenius's is now.

Helenius is a vg/EXC- skater, and projects to be an above average skater in the NHL.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Has now, or had then? I don't recall his speed, or shot being raved about back when he was drafted. His skating was above average, sort of like Helenius's is now.

Helenius is a vg/EXC- skater, and projects to be an above average skater in the NHL.
Not sure what you are talking about, but Jarvis was one of the best skaters in his draft. He was always getting breakaways, beating Ds...

Elite skater... Always was.

See for yourself, from 2:46.

Helenius is not close.

Jarvis was always one of my favorites.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019

Halttunens point production in Liiga compared to a junior league in Canada? Don't get me wrong, you could be right about many things but Helenius would most likely tear it up in the same league.
Lassi Thomson was another example.

Speed or not, not only would Helenius produce greatly, he would carry a whole first line without having to depend on others. Just because he has other tools.

I believe Jabba Jabba could be right. The possibility that he jumps in as a third C after the draft is not the biggest stretch but I do believe one season in the AHL getting first line minutes and playing a lot of PP could be better in the long run for him and eventually be the reason he becomes a really good top6 even- instead.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad