F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Pretty cool, as a 13 year old Juraj Slafkovsky is almost a PPG player in a U18(!) league. The Slovakian junior leagues aren't to write home about but I find it very interesting that a 13 year old is playing against teenages/adults.

So far in 16 games he has 9 goals and 5 assists, totaling to 14 points. Who knows if he gets drafted someday.

Juraj Slafkovsky

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Pretty amazing in any country to perform that way 4 years younger than most of your competition. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Killerjas

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
I noticed that in Elite Prospects' 2022 NHL Entry Draft section, this guy is listed as a top prospect whereas Matthew Savoie and Shane Wright are listed in "Other Prospects". Wondering if this means Slafkovsky is currently ahead of the curve right now.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I noticed that in Elite Prospects' 2022 NHL Entry Draft section, this guy is listed as a top prospect whereas Matthew Savoie and Shane Wright are listed in "Other Prospects". Wondering if this means Slafkovsky is currently ahead of the curve right now.
Elite Prospects is a voluntary page, as far as I know they don't scout players at all. I believe the prospects are categorized based on stats/rankings of scouting sites. In other words, whether a prospect is listed in the "top" or "other" category means nothing, unless they are in their draft season, where it's actually possible to really distinguish a top prospect from a dime and dozen one. Although I doubt Slafkovsky is better than the best kids in Canada, he sure is a prospect to watch.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Even though he plays at sort of weak slovak leagues his overall play is tremendous, solid puck moving - puck control, great shot, and insane size 6'00''. Bit of backchecking problems, sometimes I was mad about his leisure skating. But overally, imho the best slovak prospect since Reway. Gotta keep on eye on him.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Even though he plays at sort of weak slovak leagues his overall play is tremendous, solid puck moving - puck control, great shot, and insane size 6'00''. Bit of backchecking problems, sometimes I was mad about his leisure skating. But overally, imho the best slovak prospect since Reway. Gotta keep on eye on him.

wow, your first ever post here. Hope, it will work with him. But it is a long road. And, do you remember Patrik Koys hype?

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I wouldnt call 13 years old boy a good prospect even if he was a ppg in slovak men league. He is 13

james12

Mar 31, 2018
wow, your first ever post here. Hope, it will work with him. But it is a long road. And, do you remember Patrik Koys hype?

It's surely risky to talk about players at this age. There's lots of uncertainties about player's upside. That's why we need to analyse these young players really soberly. Since Koys was excelling slovak u16 and u18 leagues, it was ok that people did consider him as a special player. He was unfortunate to be healthy (he had some injury) .When it comes to Slafkovský, he appears to me more interesting because of his size and overall offensive play. We'll be wiser in 2 years.

btw he scored great goal today...check this chanel:

Reactions: degustator

james12

Mar 31, 2018
I wouldnt call 13 years old boy a good prospect even if he was a ppg in slovak men league. He is 13

I meant the best prospect since Reway at the age of 14. I definitely don't want to overestimate him. He has lots of weaknesses which he should work on. Long road ahead of him.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I meant the best prospect since Reway at the age of 14. I definitely don't want to overestimate him. He has lots of weaknesses which he should work on. Long road ahead of him.

With all respect to Reway, it is a little bit overhyped to take him as some "standard" to compare. Sure, he was good in juniors, but also very problematic. And now? He is almost forgotten.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
This season Juraj will play for the U18 team of EC Salzburg (Red Bull team) in the EBJL, the Austrian Junior League. The training facilities of Salzburg are top notch, it is a great place to develop talent. Looking forward if he can continue to develop in a more competitive league.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
This season Juraj will play for the U18 team of EC Salzburg (Red Bull team) in the EBJL, the Austrian Junior League. The training facilities of Salzburg are top notch, it is a great place to develop talent. Looking forward if he can continue to develop in a more competitive league.
0+3 in first game

Reactions: Jabs102501

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Are you sure that austrian league is more competetive than slovak? Agree about the training facilities though

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Are you sure that austrian league is more competetive than slovak? Agree about the training facilities though
It's better than the Slovak u16's but not sure about Slovak u18's, but either way he is in the Red Bull Program, and for now this seems like a stepping stone to get him into a more competitive league, such as the Czech Juniors or EBEL

johnwhitey

Sep 17, 2018
Hi sorry for not talking about Slafkovsky but he's playing for the same team I saw a guy from Slovenia Nal Brodnik-2003-EC Red Bull Salzburg u18 EBJL. In his first game he put up 1+1. He scored nice coast to coast goal. As I saw he has very good playmaking ability/very nice hands/good skating and good shot. He remembers me of William Nylander when playing. I made new thread about him so any comments are welcome there.

Last edited:

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018

managed to record the 3rd period of Red Bull Akademie's 6-1 victoy over Vienna, sorry for no sound. Btw Slafkovsky is #22, and scored a goal in the 1st period, but I wasn't able to record it since I didn't wake up on time:(. Red Bull streams their games periodically on their website right here , for anyone interested, but It doesn't seem like they're showcasing the EBJL in a while. Here's the Box Score for the game as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Garyboy

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
How has he been playing so far? I see 17 pts in 11 games, but that’s actually quite low in the overall stats for the league. I wonder what his numbers would be in Slovak U18 league right now

james12

Mar 31, 2018
How has he been playing so far? I see 17 pts in 11 games, but that’s actually quite low in the overall stats for the league. I wonder what his numbers would be in Slovak U18 league right now

He actually changed the team. He's gonna play for Hradec Králové U18. I think that he should have stayed in Kosice though, because he would have great opportunity to play U20 league.

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
He actually changed the team. He's gonna play for Hradec Králové U18. I think that he should have stayed in Kosice though, because he would have great opportunity to play U20 league.
Im convinced, that Slovak leagues are weak level for his further advancement. Czech leagues are much better at his age.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Im convinced, that Slovak leagues are weak level for his further advancement. Czech leagues are much better at his age.
Yes but he would be getting solid playing time with Kosice U18 and most likely getting call ups to play for the u20 team maybe even on a permanent basis. Because of his known in their system, we’d see better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad