F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Slavkovsky's best game so far of this tournament.
He has been everywhere.

Making plays, skating really well, shooting the puck, deking.
Sure, not always making perfect decisions, moves and what not.

But he has shown his A (of now) game today, #clutch.

This game, after two, been a small taste what Slavkosky can do, at pro level,

Wake up Montreal! pick this young man 1st overall

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
He has been everywhere.

I sure hope not. He would be better off somewhere else. I don’t trust Montreal developing him.

Reactions: stastny12

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I sure hope not. He would be better off somewhere else. I don’t trust Montreal developing him.
The entire org is new, made a point development is key and are in a full, admitted, youth-first, offense and speed-minded rebuild. He would not come in playing 12 minutes on a grinding team struggling to be top 16 in the league (which is what the last decade felt like it was all about I’ll admit). Left-handed top line winger is wide open too!

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I think he will fall to #4. Habs will go for a C, Devils for a D, Arizona for a C. Seattle takes the best player available.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I think he will fall to #4. Habs will go for a C, Devils for a D, Arizona for a C. Seattle takes the best player available.
I could also see him (wrongfully ) slide and go to Philly at 5 .
Habs - Wright
Devils - Jiricek / Nemec
Coyotes - Cooley
Kraken - Whoever is left between Jiricek / Nemec
Flyers - Slafkovsky

At the very very very least , he goes 5th but SHOULD be taken at 2 by the Devils. Unless the Devils trade the pick. Still could be Slaf taken by the team that trades for the pick but I see that team go for the best C left - Cooley.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
He has been everywhere.

I think he was pretty invisible, especially during the first half of the game, and he had been better in previous games. But maybe I didn't watch the game closely enough. :laugh:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think he was pretty invisible, especially during the first half of the game, and he had been better in previous games. But maybe I didn't watch the game closely enough. :laugh:

Thats weird, at Finnish Cmore 2nd intermission report,
they showed his highlights from first 2 periods,
he was the best Slovak, they didn't use the 1st line much
at all in 3rd.

He had 5 shots on goal after 2 periods.
He also made many different plays.
surprised me with his checking ability in the 2nd period.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Thats weird, at Finnish Cmore 2nd intermission report,
they showed his highlights from first 2 periods,
he was the best Slovak, they didn't use the 1st line much
at all in 3rd.

He had 5 shots on goal after 2 periods.
He also made many different plays.
surprised me with his checking ability in the 2nd period.
In the first period he was mostly the third wheel in his line. He wasn't bad, but he was pretty passive. He was more active and created chances for himself and his linemates in the second period.

On the other hand, I was watching US-Norway game at the same time, so my concentration wasn't always there.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
The entire org is new, made a point development is key and are in a full, admitted, youth-first, offense and speed-minded rebuild. He would not come in playing 12 minutes on a grinding team struggling to be top 16 in the league (which is what the last decade felt like it was all about I’ll admit). Left-handed top line winger is wide open too!
Well, maybe I am wrong and the organisation will do it better from now on. But in any case, first overall for Montreal after more than 40 years, that must be a lot of pressure.

Reactions: Naslundforever

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
In last 12 months I have seen him at the world championship 2021, later at the olympic qualifiers, then 2 games at canceled WJC followed by this year's Olympics and now again worlds. This guy has been improving from one tourny to the next one.
Don't get me wrong he still has a long way to go but by september later this year any NHL team that will draft him will have to make a lot of effort and reasoning why to cut him off from the season opening roster.

Last edited:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
PLEASE!

What are you guys talking about? Splitting threads is & always has been stupid – one of the many annoying things here on HFBoards.

It was just a software limitation that reportedly no longer exists in the upgraded version of the forum software. Thank heavens!

There should always only be a single thread for every topic, period. :thumbu:

Reactions: Deam78

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
How he is used on the Slovak powerplay is tragic. He should be the first look instead of standing in front of the net and below the goal line. At least the second PP unit gives the puck to Nemec and lets him run the set up

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
that would also be my pick for NJ at #2 pair him with Hughes for the next decade
Yes . Don’t piss around and try to get cute with the pick. Take Slafkovsky at 2 . If you want to add a more NHL ready player, look at trading Holtz .
I wasn’t worried before about Montreal thinking about taking Slafkovsky , but I am somewhat a little concerned now…..lol. Probably more so because I want my Devils to have him and I’m overthinking it. Hard to see Habs passing on the Canadian born C .

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yes . Don’t piss around and try to get cute with the pick. Take Slafkovsky at 2 . If you want to add a more NHL ready player, look at trading Holtz .
I wasn’t worried before about Montreal thinking about taking Slafkovsky , but I am somewhat a little concerned now…..lol. Probably more so because I want my Devils to have him and I’m overthinking it. Hard to see Habs passing on the Canadian born C .
I think if the Habs do pass on Wright they are taking Cooley.

I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with Slafkovsky (like I was when we took Zacha).

There's a lot of potential there and he does project to fill a need.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Ok I’m way off base then as I viewed Rantanen as a better player than Svechnikov ?

No not necessarily. All though, the way Rantanen plays I'm not sure I would call him a "power forward" exactly. He's a bit light in his hits, but I guess he is technically. And I didn't mention him as he was drafted in 2015, before guys like Svech etc.. So that's really only reason I said "since Svech, Laf, Tkachuks", but yea Rant could definitely be in that conversation.

I think Rantanen is better offensively than Svechnikov. But I think Svech has the all around more complete game. And he's such a physical force on the ice that Rantanen tends not to be. As is Brady Tkachuk. And honestly, Laf has done a better job in that department than I thought he would. All though, he's still not producing much offense unfortunately. But I guess when guys become the offensive focal point for their team, maybe they let off on the physical play a bit, like Matt Tkachuk did this season. Lowest HITs of his career I believe, but obviously his most dominant offensive year.

But yea Rantanen is certainly in the convo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad