F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Isn't Aron Kiviharju also kind of undersized for a defenseman?
Depending on what you consider undersized, probably.

Well, might as well add that from the games I've seen Slafkovsky in, he's not been overly impressive. Fine and all, but not wow-worthy to me. That obviously is a part of it. Honestly, I feel like he might not even be the best Slovakian prospect on TPS.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
I mean, Kiviharju plays in B-SM next season, and even on the same team as where Slafkovsky played last season. You're pretending they're a million years apart. Literally no one familiar with the team would say he's the best prospect on TPS.

Also, him being 6'4" certainly does nevertheless make it easier for him to play in B-juniors. For example someone like Jere Lassila being 5'8" surely finds it quite a bit tougher. I didn't dismiss him due to his height, I said that it remains to be seen. Obviously being tall is also good for NHL. But his production for his age in Finnish BSM isn't mindblowing by any means. For example, the equivalent season Jesse Puljujärvi played mostly in As, and had almost 2 PPG in Bs. Both big players early. Patrik Laine, of course, also played in As mostly the equivalent season.

It's not a matter of opinion, but facts. Slafkovsky had the highest points total of 04 players in B and thus was the best player of his team. Moreover, he was proving his qualities for Slovak U18 NT. I'm not talking about his future, eligibility, comparison to Laine, Puljujarvi (quite funny) or whoever.

As for Kiviharju, I can't wait to see him play next season. I love his game with regards to his age. But still too early to call 14yo guy the best 'prospect' of the entire organisation.

I would honestly recommend you to dispersonalize from the fact that there's a possibility that Slovakian can be considered as the best player of the Finnish team or even the whole class in Finland.

Last edited:

james12

Mar 31, 2018

Well, might as well add that from the games I've seen Slafkovsky in, he's not been overly impressive. Fine and all, but not wow-worthy to me. That obviously is a part of it. Honestly, I feel like he might not even be the best Slovakian prospect on TPS.

Ok. That's a fair point. Providing your own opinion is much more relatable than trying to detract somenone's play saying he's too tall for opponents.

Though, I don't agree with you and have the opposite view. Nevermind.

Have a nice day.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018

Yeah ... Sisik looks also very promising

Reactions: james12

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Juraj was nominated for the U20 Slovak national team for training camp and will probably also play 3 matches against the Czech U20

Reactions: mirec04

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia

Hi ijuka,
so you think that Sisik will be maybe better than Slafkovsky.. hmm, interesting. In other topic you claimed that Sisik is not good enough and how is it possible that he is already set as a NHL draft prospect... Sorry but since then I am not taking your predictions too serious.

Reactions: james12

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Hi ijuka,
so you think that Sisik will be maybe better than Slafkovsky.. hmm, interesting. In other topic you claimed that Sisik is not good enough and how is it possible that he is already set as a NHL draft prospect... Sorry but since then I am not taking your predictions too serious.
I said he wasn't good enough to play at B-juniors at u-15 - Where I guess I was wrong, as he played 3 games. Slafkovsky's not been very impressive when I've watched him, can't really help that. Size advantage's a big deal at u-18s and he's a year older than the strong big prospects who dominated at that level. I don't think either's all that amazing.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
I said he wasn't good enough to play at B-juniors at u-15 - Where I guess I was wrong, as he played 3 games. Slafkovsky's not been very impressive when I've watched him, can't really help that. Size advantage's a big deal at u-18s and he's a year older than the strong big prospects who dominated at that level. I don't think either's all that amazing

RbvnroANXK22WqXG7

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I said he wasn't good enough to play at B-juniors at u-15 - Where I guess I was wrong, as he played 3 games. Slafkovsky's not been very impressive when I've watched him, can't really help that. Size advantage's a big deal at u-18s and he's a year older than the strong big prospects who dominated at that level. I don't think either's all that amazing.
:) you said that Sisik did not impress you too and you wondered yourself how the player coming from Austrian league could be marked as potential NHL prospect on eliteprospects and other guys having better statistics (after 3 games) are not mentioned as potential NHL-ers..

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Scored his first u20 goal today. After slow first game he was by far the best Slovak player on the ice in the last 2 games. His game is reminiscent of prime Blake wheeler. Unbeatable along boards. Several times Czech players 3 years older than him were getting basically pushed out of the way as he went around them.

If only Petrovicky figured out to put him on line with other skilled players earlier :banghead:

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Scored his first u20 goal today. After slow first game he was by far the best Slovak player on the ice in the last 2 games. His game is reminiscent of prime Blake wheeler. Unbeatable along boards. Several times Czech players 3 years older than him were getting basically pushed out of the way as he went around them.

If only Petrovicky figured out to put him on line with other skilled players earlier :banghead:
I liked his game as well. As 16 years old he was one of the best players when not the best one from Slovak team.. wow

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I’m fully expecting him to come to the CHL in the 2021-2022 season.

Why would he do that if he had a chance to play all season among men in Finland? It is still far away, but if he progresses as he has done so far, he can play in Liiga in the 21/22 season.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Why would he do that if he had a chance to play all season among men in Finland? It is still far away, but if he progresses as he has done so far, he can play in Liiga in the 21/22 season.

He could stay, I'm just saying there's also a good chance he won't because 1. a Liiga spot won't be guaranteed unless he destroys u20 , 2. it's not his home country, and 3. CHL is the more well known and common development path for Slovak propects.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He could stay, I'm just saying there's also a good chance he won't because 1. a Liiga spot won't be guaranteed unless he destroys u20 , 2. it's not his home country, and 3. CHL is the more well known and common development path for Slovak propects.
Just as many if not more Slovakian prospects chose the Swedish junior/SHL system for development so might as well make the argument that he'll move to Sweden soon if we want to go there.

Question is, do you know how many of those Slovakian players who actually chose to move to a foreign country for hockey, such as Sweden, later switched to CHL?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Canada isn't his home country either so I don't get how this would be a reason for him to move there?

Canada is not his home country yes , I’m saying since he’s not in his home country he will likely more willing to move and CHL has the best track record and is more proven over the years when it comes to developing Slovak prospects Hossa. Chara, Sekera etc. Swedish option is still pretty new and hasn’t yielded the same amount of success up to date. I’m sure Slafkovsky and people who advise him will recognize that , if not then he will probably stay in Europe which I actually hope he does.

Reactions: hellwar9

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Canada is not his home country yes , I’m saying since he’s not in his home country he will likely more willing to move and CHL has the best track record and is more proven over the years when it comes to developing Slovak prospects Hossa. Chara, Sekera etc. Swedish option is still pretty new and hasn’t yielded the same amount of success up to date. I’m sure Slafkovsky and people who advise him will recognize that , if not then he will probably stay in Europe which I actually hope he does.
How many Slovakian players who initially went to develop in a different country moved to play in CHL pre-draft? In my opinion if he was going to make such a commitment he might as well have gone to Canada right away, right?

Reactions: Elvs and hellwar9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad