F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Now listed at 6'4", thought he was done growing. This kid is going to be a monster
Both of his parents are very tall so I knew he isnt done growing. He was already 6'2" a year ago but it wasnt updated at eliteprospects. Also our top goalie Rastislav Elias is a big kid.

Reactions: degustator

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Who else is better? This guy is ranked as a high-end prospect for the 2022 draft.
Well, Aron Kiviharju is the obvious one. He's been ranked #1 in 2024 just about everywhere I've seen. Remains to be seen how Slafkovsky does in the future and how much of his recent success is due to him being 6'4" early.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Well, Aron Kiviharju is the obvious one. He's been ranked #1 in 2024 just about everywhere I've seen. Remains to be seen how Slafkovsky does in the future and how much of his recent success is due to him being 6'4" early.

I mean, despite Aron is surely supertalented kid, c'mmon he's 2024 eligible. That's from now on at least 3 years to WJC participation and 4 (!) years to NHL Draft. You better restrain your hype about him. He's got talent, time and fantastic conditions in TPS. Everything that is being said regarding draft eligibilty of such young guys is premature. Though I'm sure he'll be dominating in u18.

I also used to be too hyped about 14yo Slafkovsky couple of years ago, but since he was the best 04 in Finland last season, there's no doubt he's the best prospect in TPS organisation at the moment. Maybe might see some games in Liiga next season.

And speaking of his height, that isn't the thing in what his success inheres. He's got very good shot, stickhandling and passing abilities as well as the strength alongside the boards.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I mean, despite Aron is surely supertalented kid, c'mmon he's 2024 eligible. That's from now on at least 3 years to WJC participation and 4 (!) years to NHL Draft. You better restrain your hype about him. He's got talent, time and fantastic conditions in TPS. Everything that is being said regarding draft eligibilty of such young guys is premature. Though I'm sure he'll be dominating in u18.

I also used to be too hyped about 14yo Slafkovsky couple of years ago, but since he was the best 04 in Finland last season, there's no doubt he's the best prospect in TPS organisation at the moment. Maybe might see some games in Liiga next season.

And speaking of his height, that isn't the thing in what his success inheres. He's got very good shot, stickhandling and passing abilities as well as the strength alongside the boards.
I mean, Kiviharju plays in B-SM next season, and even on the same team as where Slafkovsky played last season. You're pretending they're a million years apart. Literally no one familiar with the team would say he's the best prospect on TPS.

Also, him being 6'4" certainly does nevertheless make it easier for him to play in B-juniors. For example someone like Jere Lassila being 5'8" surely finds it quite a bit tougher. I didn't dismiss him due to his height, I said that it remains to be seen. Obviously being tall is also good for NHL. But his production for his age in Finnish BSM isn't mindblowing by any means. For example, the equivalent season Jesse Puljujärvi played mostly in As, and had almost 2 PPG in Bs. Both big players early. Patrik Laine, of course, also played in As mostly the equivalent season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad