W Joshua Roy - Laval Rocket, AHL (2021, 150th, MTL)

LOVETHISGAME

Mar 12, 2018
Seen Roy play for a while now , Roy needs Nadeau, as did Parent to Poulin.
Lafreniere didn't need anyone, so I would not compare the 2 players that's my take.

Legault( played only 2 gms ) and Mianscum will have to take a back seat to:

Zach L'Heureux (POWER FOWARD with grit great on the PK)-Tingling( when on his game he can perform)-Malatesta( Grit mixed in with some skill and a great release) -Robidas (vision his biggest asset and crafty)-Orr (same as Malatesta with insane SPEED)-Gaucher (a good power forward with good hands).

This Q draft coming will be all about what teams need to better themselves in the future.

While some are struggling they'll come around in the 2nd half.
Peter R, ok player good vision, but not as skilled as the about players named.

Just my opinion!

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Lafreniere didn't need anyone, so I would not compare the 2 players that's my take.

Just my opinion!

Nadeau has come along nicely and is a great partner for Roy but back in pee-wee and bantam, Nadeau wasn't even close to Roy. Roy was carrying him and he finished 1st in scoring in his second year in pee-wee and 1st in scoring in second year of bantam again. And now, he is on pace to finish 1st in scoring in his first year of midget!

Nadeau is really good but to say Joshua Roy needs him is a bit off base in my opinion.

Lévis is now 15-0 and Roy has 33 pts in 15 games (2.2 PPG)

To be frank Lévis has one heck of a team including William Veillette who could easily play in the Q right now as well as Nadeau and Nicolas Daigle who is coming along nicely (Rimouski prospect), but Roy is their go-to guy and #1 center

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
Roy is the leading scorer of the Midget AAA with 19 goals and 40 points in 18 games for a 2.22 PPG.

For example, Lafrenière finished the season with a 2.30 PPG, but was up to 13 goals and 37 points after 18 games.
I don't think Roy is as good as Lafrenière was in Midget AAA, but the production is there and he seems like the best 2019 QMJHL draft prospect.

The Lévis Chevaliers just beat the Midget AAA record for most consecutive wins from the start of the season with 18 wins (16 was the previous record) and Roy is the main piece in that accomplishment.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
With Nadeau injured, Roy played the last two games with new linemates and got 3 goals and 5 points in those 2 games. He looked amazing too. It will be interesting to see how he continues to play without him. Personally, I think Roy can play with anyone and still be dominant. Yes Nadeau is a good fit with him, but he's not the only player who Roy can play with. That still stays my personal opinion.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I should add that I saw Roy and Nadeau on two separate lines last year at Sherbrooke Bantam tournament and Roy scored 14 goals in 6 games in that tournament. Just saying.

He's a center. Elite on the dots, solid two-way game. Best hands in the draft, best hockey sense in the draft (in QC at least). He compares favorably to Lapierre last year and I was freaking high on Hendrix (who has been incredible to start his Q career). He's #1 in MAAA easily, only Legault could challenge him, maybe Tinling is the closest in terms of forwards. There's a gap after that. I don't know about players in the atlantics, think there are a couple good ones but Roy is a likely first overall candidate and rightfully so.

Last edited:

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I should add that I saw Roy and Nadeau on two separate lines last year at Sherbrooke Bantam tournament and Roy scored 14 goals in 6 games in that tournament. Just saying.

He's a center. Elite on the dots, solid two-way game. Best hands in the draft, best hockey sense in the draft (in QC at least). He compares favorably to Lapierre last year and I was freaking high on Hendrix (who has been incredible to start his Q career). He's #1 in MAAA easily, only Legault could challenge him, maybe Tinling is the closest in terms of forwards. There's a gap after that. I don't know about players in the atlantics, think there are a couple good ones but Roy is a likely first overall candidate and rightfully so.

Good post.

24 goals in 24 games now, and 51 points.

His team is still undefeated, at 24-0.

Absolutely incredible

He should be talked about as the NHL 1st overall pick in 2021

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
2 assists for Roy today as his team wins their 25 consecutive wins. They haven't lost since the beginning of the season !

Roy showcased such a great hockey IQ and vision tonight. He was the best player on the ice and he thinks the game faster than anybody.

Chevalier levis 25 victoires consecutives.jpg

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Surprised there isn't an update in this thread.

His team just won the Midget AAA Challenge by (you guessed it) going undefeated again. In regular season play, they are 30-0.

Roy now has 27 goals, 35 assists for 62 points in 30 games.

Alexis Lafreniere finished with 20 more points in the same league (83 points in 36 games)

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
He’s not Lafreniere but he’s great, 1st round pick for sure in his year.

His midget team is looking like they are downright unbeatable, it’s insane honestly. Josh wasn’t the driving force of his team for the challenge but he still did well, he doesn’t carry them but he could carry a team. I think he can atleast.

There’s just a ridiculous amount of talent around him.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Roy has reached the 83 points mark, which is the amount of points Alexis Lafreniere got in Midget AAA. It took 3 more games for Roy to get there. I don't think he's that level of player but he's probably an above average first overall for the Q.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Roy has reached the 83 points mark, which is the amount of points Alexis Lafreniere got in Midget AAA. It took 3 more games for Roy to get there. I don't think he's that level of player but he's probably an above average first overall for the Q.

I’d say he’s better than an above average 1st overall pick for the Q. He’s not Lafreniere level but he’s going to be a stud.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
That team is nuts, they finally lost their first game of the season (versus the 2nd place team) and are currently 38-1

And yeah Roy is pretty good

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I’d say he’s better than an above average 1st overall pick for the Q. He’s not Lafreniere level but he’s going to be a stud.

I mean put Lapierre last year with another top 10 draft pick and a top 3 16 years old in the league on his line and he gets that production too.

What I find lacking in Roy's game is a second gear that would allow him to be a threat off the rush. He really isn't that dangerous unless he gets a clear 2 vs 1 or breakaway, but he can't create them with speed right now. His hockey sense is absolutely insane and that's what really makes him special.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Hopefully Moncton doesn't unlucky in the Q draft again so I get to see him more!

We own what's essentially guaranteed to be the best odds at 1st overall (Bathurst Pick) but we know how well that turned out in the Lafreniere draft (although Pelletier was a pretty good consolation prize)

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Yea his stats are inflated because his team is literally the best team the league has seen, and probably one of the best midget teams ever to play in Canada.

I agree with most of what everyone says about him, it’s pretty much bang on. I just don’t like how some times he isn’t on, like I feel he lacks a consistent drive to dominate. I think he’s fast, and can beat you with speed, he’s just really smart and skilled. Oh and also he’s very strong.

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
Roy finished the season as the leading scorer of his respective Midget AAA league with 88 points in 42 games for a 2.10 PPG. His 38 goals place him 2nd in the league. For comparaison, Alexis Lafrenière got a 2.31 PPG in his U16 season.

That said, Roy was on probably the best Midget AAA team in Canada, so his stats a bit inflated. At this point, I think he's the consensus #1 prospect for the next QMJHL draft and rightfully so.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
An update: his team has been upset in the semi-finals by the Lions and they are now eliminated. Joshua Roy I believe is still slotted to be the #1 pick, but his closest rival seems now to be Justin Robidas who has made the finals with his team (Magog).

Joshua Roy's team had only 1 loss all season, before going down in the best-of-5 series last night.

Roy recorded 11 pts in 11 games in these playoffs, while Justin Robidas now has 17 pts in 10 games.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
An update: his team has been upset in the semi-finals by the Lions and they are now eliminated. Joshua Roy I believe is still slotted to be the #1 pick, but his closest rival seems now to be Justin Robidas who has made the finals with his team (Magog).

Joshua Roy's team had only 1 loss all season, before going down in the best-of-5 series last night.

Roy recorded 11 pts in 11 games in these playoffs, while Justin Robidas now has 17 pts in 10 games.

Makes you wonder..

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Is Robidas an NTDP candidate?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad