F Josh Lawrence - Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL (2020 undrafted)

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Just committed to BU

Excels at every aspect of the game, but he's small. Tons of fun to watch

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
If you were to make a bet on a smaller dynamo to be a star at the nhl level, this is who i'd bet on.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010

Terrific compete, finishing ability, handles the puck superbly in traffic, gritty playing style, smart as hell, etc. Honestly, there's nothing he doesn't do well.

I've seen him take over a game that had just about every top North American 02 playing in it.

Mr. Met

Nov 8, 2017
Irving gasloline?? aha, I'm not sure we can really say anything about NB producing players yet since there are about 2-3 guys in the league right now from there and most top guys from there have not lived up to the hype. Patrice Cormier has really busted, Zach Phillips failed to make the NHL so far and Guys like Devon MacAusland and Luc Deschenes didn't even get drafted after receiving much attention in the minor hockey ranks. Sean Couturier is really the only player to live up to his billing to come out of NB in recent memory (not including Beaulieu who played his later years of Minor hockey there).

I do hope Lawrence continues to impress though, and I have not heard of Reynolds but for me it is never too early to keep an eye out for players.
Jake Allen has done well for himself as well. Native of Fredericton.

Reactions: Guerzy

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Went 15th overall to Saint John, thought he was the next big thing so I expected at least for him to go top 3?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Went 15th overall to Saint John, thought he was the next big thing so I expected at least for him to go top 3?

I heard he was committed to NCAA, which might have been a plow in order to play for Saint John. These kids have ways of getting on teams that they want to be on.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
I heard he was committed to NCAA, which might have been a plow in order to play for Saint John. These kids have ways of getting on teams that they want to be on.

Do you have any proof? Almost sounds like you are accusing St. John and Lawrence's management to "fix" this pick by having his management spread misinformation about him going the NCAA route...

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Do you have any proof? Almost sounds like you are accusing St. John and Lawrence's management to "fix" this pick by having his management spread misinformation about him going the NCAA route...

Top prospect Josh Lawrence commits to Saint John Sea Dogs of QMJHL - Sportsnet.ca

He has been committed to Boston University for awhile now.

It was big because Lawrence was regarded by many as one of the top prospects available this year — he was ranked sixth overall and the No. 1 prospect from the Maritimes by QMJHL Central Scouting. And it was bold because Lawrence had already committed to play at Boston University next season.

It's not some big secret that some of the top kids can force their way onto certain teams. He doesn't get picked by Saint John I bet he is still committed to BU. It's an effective way to scare off other teams, while also telling the team you want to be on to draft you if they can. It may not sit well with some people but it isn't illegal. Kids do this in OHL draft all the time.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

All I will say is this wouldn't really be that shocking. Q teams with money always seem able to convince NCAA players to come play.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
New Brunswick has possibly the best 2002 born player in Eastern Canada and a chance of being the best in all of Canada. This guy is just down right dominant at such a young age, a 2002 born, so far at the monctonian has 11 points in 3 games and in regular season 13 points in 7 games, but his IQ is off the charts, amazing puck handler, great vision and play making, great shooter, exciting and just takes over on the ice every time he is out there.

Can see him getting exception to play midget next year...this guy is the best since Nathan Mackinnon that i have seen.
http://www.nbbantamaaa.ca/site/3333...sionID=0&TeamID=19&PlayerID=2209&Section=Home

Boy did you hit the spot or what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad