F Jaromir Pytlik - HC Vitkovice, Extraliga (2020, 99th, NJD)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he dropped a little farther than he should've. His fall in the second half of this season surprised me, and I think getting this guy in the fourth round is very good value.

Reactions: MitchMurphy

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Wasn't his loan recalled when the OHL thought they'd play, but then they shut the season down?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Wasn't his loan recalled when the OHL thought they'd play, but then they shut the season down?

Not sure but he didn't even join Binghamton , other Czechs like Teply and fellow OHLer Mysak joined their NHL clubs AHL affiliates so not sure what's happening with Pytlik

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Not sure but he didn't even join Binghamton , other Czechs like Teply and fellow OHLer Mysak joined their NHL clubs AHL affiliates so not sure what's happening with Pytlik

he's unsigned so it may be related to that. Not easy to kick out AHL guys who are already there n all that

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
I don't know who this guy is, but hopefully he's a player since there's a rumour that he would sign with KalPa in Finland for the next season. If that happens he will fight for the bottom six C spot behind Rissanen and Aapeli Räsänen.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I don't know who this guy is, but hopefully he's a player since there's a rumour that he would sign with KalPa in Finland for the next season. If that happens he will fight for the bottom six C spot behind Rissanen and Aapeli Räsänen.

Should be a good team for him if true. Kalpa should be a better team next season.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
I see Pytlik hasn't played for awhile, any reason for this?

He was supposed to play in the OHL. Season was cancelled. Hard to find an update but there are rumors he will play in Finland's Liiga next season.

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
Reactions: JabbaJabba

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Nuoret NHL-varaukset vahvistavat KalPaa – tervetuloa Kuopioon Kasper Simontaival ja Jaromír Pytlík!

So he moves to KalPa with two year contract. About him as a player: big and strong two-way player. He can do little smart plays etc. Last season wasn't good because covid and injuries, but they expect him to improve his overall play and he'd be a leading player.

I wouldn't expect him to be leading player next season, more likely a bottom six player and bigger role for 22-23

This is definitely not a typical move for a player out of the CHL and from a different country

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
So his draft +2 and +3 season will be overseas. Not the worst thing from a developmental standpoint. I wonder what his NHL upside is. Doesnt hurt that he has some size and intangibles. Could be a good bottom 6 player.

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
Made his debut yesterday playing something like 6 minutes and healthy scratch today. He's probably gonna play more RW than C this season because KalPa has very good center depth

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
So his draft +2 and +3 season will be overseas. Not the worst thing from a developmental standpoint. I wonder what his NHL upside is. Doesnt hurt that he has some size and intangibles. Could be a good bottom 6 player.
I think he can potentially be a high impact 3rd line C who kills penalties and scores 12-15 goals a year and around 35-45 points. With low end 2C upside

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Hasn't had a good last season and a bit and is now playing in Mestis. In hindsight wasn't the best move for him as it is hard for youngsters to break into Liiga

Johnny97

Apr 5, 2020
Hasn't had a good last season and a bit and is now playing in Mestis. In hindsight wasn't the best move for him as it is hard for youngsters to break into Liiga

He has been already released by his Finnish team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad