F Ivan Miroshnichenko (2022, 20th, WSH)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
All the news i have read about his signing with avangard also mention that he returned to Russia because he was denied an American visa. Why?
Because Murica does that. Live with it. Even if it's hard for a guy like you.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Kid has put some serious spotlight on himself with all this "drama", will be interesting to follow his development from now on. If anyone finds the length of the agreement with Avangard, please let me know, I'm curious about the term.
Rumor has it three years...

Reactions: ozo

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Because Murica does that. Live with it. Even if it's hard for a guy like you.

I think it's more than likely because the US government doesn't want to allow new people in the country at the moment that don't absolutely need to be here. It's understandable this year. Other years I doubt it would be an issue.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I think it's more than likely because the US government doesn't want to allow new people in the country at the moment that don't absolutely need to be here. It's understandable this year. Other years I doubt it would be an issue.
It would be so, if we hadn't every year a couple of those cases. I don't know with other nations, but I know every now and then russian players are stuck with some vise issues. It is more like how the US deals with it in general. The COVID situation obviously just adds some. Mostly those cases cause delays. This time it looks like it relly made a player chnge his whole plans for the season.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
And reports say he was in very bad shape when joined the Avangard Hockey Academy in November. Of course, it is not a surprise because he did not play for a few months while his Russian peers playing since late July.

In a recent interview he said he practiced and worked out constantly the months he wasn't playing so he is in great shape, I guess we shall see starting tomorrow. Also mentioned how he is excited to impose his will this season and show his skills. Would be nice if he can meet and spend time with Kovalchuk at some point with Avangard, similar skills sets and I'm sure Kovy could teach him a thing or two.

All in all I'm happy that he signed, any details about the signing and the terms of the contract?

Reactions: JotAlan

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
How do you compare Miroshnichenko and Michkov in terms of floor and ceiling? I know that Miroshnichenko is 10 months older and at that age it makes a big difference. But at that moment can we say that they are equivalent? or is someone in front?

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
How do you compare Miroshnichenko and Michkov in terms of floor and ceiling? I know that Miroshnichenko is 10 months older and at that age it makes a big difference. But at that moment can we say that they are equivalent? or is someone in front?
This is going to be a religios war for at least until they are both 18-19. There is a Miroshnichenko camp who claim he has a much higher ceiling(for whatever reason). I personally see no proof for that. Right now they are about level, but the age is of course in favor of Michkov. Also so far Michkov is outscoring Miroshnichenko at every level, even if it is my only a tad. The time is now for Miroshnichenko to show what he can do at MHL level. Michkov is PPG. If Miroshnichenko is indeed at least his equal he has to be able to maintain that pace too as a nearly a year older guy.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it's like comparing Kovalchuk and Kucherov. Which player is better? Both have had great careers. Those are probably their ceilings.

Miroshnichenko would probably get tagged with a higher ceiling due to superior size and skating. He's big, powerful, and fast. He also shoots it better. Michkov has the better hockey sense, better stick skills, and is the better playmaker, although both are probably more known for their goalscoring at this point than playmaking.

I think Michkov probably ends up being the better player, but I think his upside is more limited. How good can you really be when you are small and not a blazing skater? He'll probably be really good, but he probably only adds value when the puck is on his stick. Miroshnichenko's skillset is flashier with more potential facets to it. He might have higher potential for that reason.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think it's like comparing Kovalchuk and Kucherov. Which player is better? Both have had great careers. Those are probably their ceilings.

Miroshnichenko would probably get tagged with a higher ceiling due to superior size and skating. He's big, powerful, and fast. He also shoots it better. Michkov has the better hockey sense, better stick skills, and is the better playmaker, although both are probably more known for their goalscoring at this point than playmaking.

I think Michkov probably ends up being the better player, but I think his upside is more limited. How good can you really be when you are small and not a blazing skater? He'll probably be really good, but he probably only adds value when the puck is on his stick. Miroshnichenko's skillset is flashier with more potential facets to it. He might have higher potential for that reason.

Michkov's IQ is on the whole another level, than Miroshnichenko's. And considering, that Matvey isn't that bad in all other hockey aspects too (btw he's way more agile and his edge work is better as well), this IQ advantage will make him much better player.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
So does Yurov belong in a conversation with these two? He just turned 17 a few days ago. He plays in the KHL and is a point per game player in the MHL. Above? Below? Equal? Haven’t seen him

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So does Yurov belong in a conversation with these two? He just turned 17 a few days ago. He plays in the KHL and is a point per game player in the MHL. Above? Below? Equal? Haven’t seen him

Yurov is a whole year older, than Michkov, but doesn't look much better, if better at all. I'd say Miroshnichenko and Yurov are way more mature physically, than Matvey, and when Michkov gets older and tougher, his IQ and skill advantage will become much more obvious.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Yurov is a whole year older, than Michkov, but doesn't look much better, if better at all. I'd say Miroshnichenko and Yurov are way more mature physically, than Matvey, and when Michkov gets older and tougher, his IQ and skill advantage will become much more obvious.

Yurov is a late birthday, but the age difference is only 2 months. Do you think Yurov is on the same level as Miroshnichenko?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Michkov's IQ is on the whole another level, than Miroshnichenko's. And considering, that Matvey isn't that bad in all other hockey aspects too (btw he's way more agile and his edge work is better as well), this IQ advantage will make him much better player.

I agree, but I think Miroshnichenko’s athletic advantage will get him tagged as having higher potential, fair or not.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
I agree, but I think Miroshnichenko’s athletic advantage will get him tagged as having higher potential, fair or not.

In my opinion it is not fair. I even think that the size and especially the skating can influence the level that a player will reach, but I don't see that as a rule. I believe it is a sum of factors. They are very different and very talented players. And it is these differences that make it so difficult to judge who can be better. I believe Michkov will be a better player, but he will be very close.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
1+1 after 2 periods vs Sarmaty. And 2+4 after 6 2/3 games overall.

Another assist so 1+2 game for Ivan, and he's 2+5 after 7 games.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad