F Ivan Miroshnichenko (2022, 20th, WSH)

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
The answer to your first question is in the second bolded phrase, you answered it yourself . It's the same reason all other prospects currently not playing aren't being talked about.

Of course, that's why I quoted. But I was referring to before he spent all this time without playing. He already had far less hype than his talent deserved.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Does anyone know when your contract with Vityaz ends?
If you are speaking about Miroshnichenko, he does not have a contract with Vityaz. To understand the case, you need to know how Russian hockey works. Players starting attending a hockey school at the age 5 or so. They finish this hockey school at 16 I believe. Exactly at that age, they use to move to America, Canada. But if staying in Russia & changing a club (like Miroshnichenko is doing), his new club is obligated to pay a fee to the previous club (hockey school developing a kid) - it is some kind of RFA rights. That fee is stipulated generally by the Russian Hockey Federation. According to media reports, Vityaz does not agree with a sum of the fee, so paperwork is being done now. So, some commission of the Russian Hockey Federation is considering the case. Miroshnichenko is proposed to play the MHL this season. So, he needs to sign with Avangard (their MHL team Omskie Yastraby) before Dec 27th if he wants to play the MHL in 2020-21. It is the trade deadline in the MHL.

Reactions: JotAlan

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
If you are speaking about Miroshnichenko, he does not have a contract with Vityaz. To understand the case, you need to know how Russian hockey works. Players starting attending a hockey school at the age 5 or so. They finish this hockey school at 16 I believe. Exactly at that age, they use to move to America, Canada. But if staying in Russia & changing a club (like Miroshnichenko is doing), his new club is obligated to pay a fee to the previous club (hockey school developing a kid) - it is some kind of RFA rights. That fee is stipulated generally by the Russian Hockey Federation. According to media reports, Vityaz does not agree with a sum of the fee, so paperwork is being done now. So, some commission of the Russian Hockey Federation is considering the case. Miroshnichenko is proposed to play the MHL this season. So, he needs to sign with Avangard (their MHL team Omskie Yastraby) before Dec 27th if he wants to play the MHL in 2020-21. It is the trade deadline in the MHL.

I really don't understand and that's exactly why I'm asking. Thanks for explaining me! But, I asked why you said in a previous post that Vityaz does not accept financial compensation. So there are 5 days to resolve this bureaucratic condition, if it will not be an entire season lost for the boy.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I really don't understand and that's exactly why I'm asking. Thanks for explaining me! But, I asked why you said in a previous post that Vityaz does not accept financial compensation. So there are 5 days to resolve this bureaucratic condition, if it will not be an entire season lost for the boy.
As I read in media, Miroshnichenko had an offer from Vityaz & hoping Avangard in April-May but he refused to sign & wanting to go overseas. He reconsidered his decision during October or November. If he accepted the first offer, all deal would be done during summer. Now, he is a victim of his bad decision making in spring.

And reports say he was in very bad shape when joined the Avangard Hockey Academy in November. Of course, it is not a surprise because he did not play for a few months while his Russian peers playing since late July.

Reactions: BMann and JotAlan

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Just to give some insight into teh media wars surrounding the player...

Sport24 I noticed with some continious and ongoing negative articles about everything SKA. Particularily they blasted the Michkov deal. But now they are sugarcoating everything Avangard does to get Miroshnichenko signed. Here is the deal. The Sport24 writer who does that happens to be Igor Eronko's (who is now assistand GM with Avangard) wife. What a coincidence.:sarcasm:

I would stay away form anything Sport24 if I wanted to know what's the deal with Miroshnichenko.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
The transfer is approved by the FHR, now he can sign with Avangard. The FHR has started an investigation of the hockey agent Mark Gandler for his illegal activities in the Russian hockey market. Because he does not have a licence to work there.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The transfer is approved by the FHR, now he can sign with Avangard. The FHR has started an investigation of the hockey agent Mark Gandler for his illegal activities in the Russian hockey market. Because he does not have a licence to work there.

Sounds terrific. Now he's back on track to having an excellent career. He got lucky that he wasn't allowed to travel to America.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
He needs to start playing as soon as possible. He is only hurting his own career and his role within a future Team Russia. In future the RHF should perhaps consider central contracts for their best youngsters to keep them within the system instead of wandering off and for the most part damaging their future.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
He needs to start playing as soon as possible. He is only hurting his own career and his role within a future Team Russia. In future the RHF should perhaps consider central contracts for their best youngsters to keep them within the system instead of wandering off and for the most part damaging their future.

I've been saying for years that these guys should get serious deals to keep them at home.

Right now, during COVID, is the best time to make this happen.

Reactions: Atas2000

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Some sort?

Serious answer is that the best kids should be placed with the biggest and richest clubs. They'll be motivated to keep them by offering long-term contracts, as was done with Michkov.

Russia is capitalist, which means that some form of a public-private partnership/intervention can take place and ensure that these transactions can happen.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Serious answer is that the best kids should be placed with the biggest and richest clubs. They'll be motivated to keep them by offering long-term contracts, as was done with Michkov.

Russia is capitalist, which means that some form of a public-private partnership/intervention can take place and ensure that these transactions can happen.
The best kids more often than not end up being busts. You are proposing to give them fat long-term deals only because they have some potential. That's stupid.
The khl has nothing to do with capitalism. All clubs are on live support from state corporations or state funds directly. In the end, it is taxpayers' money that will fund this proposal. There is a lot more important things to spend money on in a poverty-stricken nation with a declining population.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
The best kids more often than not end up being busts. You are proposing to give them fat long-term deals only because they have some potential. That's stupid.

The really special ones - Michkov and Miroshnichenko included - are good investments.

The khl has nothing to do with capitalism. All clubs are on live support from state corporations or state funds directly. In the end, it is taxpayers' money that will fund this proposal. There is a lot more important things to spend money on in a poverty-stricken nation with a declining population.

You're confused. Capitalism always requires the role of a state. That's why I brought up public-private partnerships.

Well-targeted spending brings with it a return on investment. It's not like throwing money into the fire.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
The really special ones - Michkov and Miroshnichenko included - are good investments.
What about Sokolov and Abramov - were they good investments too?
You're confused. Capitalism always requires the role of a state. That's why I brought up public-private partnerships.
Well-targeted spending brings with it a return on investment. It's not like throwing money into the fire.
It's always taxpayers money, always.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
What about Sokolov and Abramov - were they good investments too?

No one thinks they were as good as Michkov and Miroshnichenko.

But this doesn't mean wise investments always turn out. What you need is a good rate of success.

The alternative is doing nothing, standing pat and accepting one's fate as a declining international hockey superpower and a farm system for American professional and major junior leagues.

It's always taxpayers money, always.

No one is saying otherwise, my man.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Kid has put some serious spotlight on himself with all this "drama", will be interesting to follow his development from now on. If anyone finds the length of the agreement with Avangard, please let me know, I'm curious about the term.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3