F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024 draft)

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
The competition he is facing in the final game is really tough and he still makes it work. I'm surprised he isn't the consensus #2 oa right now. On the other team, Yegor Surin should be a consensus top 20 pick. He's been crushing it in the MHL playoffs.
It’s nice to see Demidov and Surin face in the final, they’re both showing great things.

I’ve been saying for a while that people are sleeping on Surin, i’d also take him in the top 20 anytime.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
He appeared to be limping pretty badly. Hope it is mild and he can return soon.

He couldn't put weight on one leg (left I think) and had to be helped off the ice and down the tunnel. They showed the replay several times from a couple angles but I didn't see anything conclusive. He was driving to the net and got squeezed by 2 defenders and kind of went head over heels and fell hard to the ice. I didn't see any obvious leg injury on the play and maybe it was the hard landing on his hip. In any case the injury was in the 1st period and he didn't return to the game.

SKA-1946 is up 3-1 in the series with game-5 scheduled for Thursday. We'll see if he plays in what could be the last game of the season if SKA wins.

Reactions: Chainshot

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Correct, not in lineup, potential clincher and SKA is already up 1-0. So if this is the end of the season, no real way to tell the severity until more information is learned.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He isn't playing again. And Loko gets But and Simashev.

Correct, not in lineup, potential clincher and SKA is already up 1-0. So if this is the end of the season, no real way to tell the severity until more information is learned.

I mean, I was watching for the lineups and by the time they'd finished with the graphic, they had the goal review 55 seconds into the game.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Tied 1-1 with Simashev and But picking up assists. I'm hoping Loko wins so there will be at least one more game with the hope Demidov gets back on the ice - take the uncertainty out of the minds of teams who would draft him.

I'm afraid the playoffs are over for him, his injury looked like that type, that at first glance is nothing serious but actually pretty bad.

Reactions: barriers

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I'm afraid the playoffs are over for him, his injury looked like that type, that at first glance is nothing serious but actually pretty bad.

Yeah, unfortunately I think you're probably right. They showed the replay from a couple angles and I didn't see anything that looked like an injury. I was hoping it was just a stinger from the hard landing where maybe his leg went numb but if that were the case he would most likely be back playing today.

What a bummer for the kid who was projected to go in the top-5. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and he has a way to prove he's 100% before the draft.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
SKA wins, so that's a wrap on the playoffs run. He was there for the celebrations, with crutches and a walking boot on his left leg. Hopefully, nothing major.​

Yeah, and But + Simashev didn't help despite all their KHL experience. It's obvious now that CHL is not just better than MHL, but KHL too...

• Haha
Reactions: slumpy43

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland

I guess that answers the combine question. Milstein is Demidov's agent.

Very important for him. I wonder what the showcase entails and how his injury relates to it. Although in his case, the it's the interviews that are the most important. Actually I think the most important out of all the prospects this year.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
He also said Leo Carlsson's skating is below average but retracted when he actually saw Leo play in the NHL. Been saying for years that Pronman is a hack. Don't know why people continue to give his opinions any credence.

I've come to accept this to be true; I'm open to differing opinions, analysis and so forth, but Pronman gets basic stuff wrong too often. His final list is interesting only because it's clearly influenced by others who have more insight into the prospects.

Reactions: Leto and HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad