F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024 draft)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The real question is whether they will attend the combine or not. Michkov, Simachev, But and Gulyayev did not attend the combine last year, but were all there for the draft.

Combine doesn't have any impact on anything, can't understand why people still care about it.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Combine doesn't have any impact on anything, can't understand why people still care about it.

I care about the interviews that are carried out at the combine and the official measurements of the players. We usually get some insights about who is talking to whom.

Sure, it doesn’t matter in the end, teams have already talked and interviewed some of the prospects during the season, but the waiting period between the end of the season and the draft is long and dull.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Leads the playoffs in goals scored, points, and +/-. Second in assists and time spent in penalty box. So he obviously can not just score points but play as a tough guy...

Reactions: cheechoo

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
The one thing to consider with the combine is its a few weeks before the draft, so maybe they just don't want to travel across the world twice in that short of a span, or can't afford to just sit around in NA for a few weeks.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Surely a Hawks fan would know the value of having a strong defense, but I guess I was wrong.

I'm sure playoff teams will be terrified of the pure mass and size of Bedard Demidov Moore coming at them.
Every rebuilding fan would be ecstatic to hit on Nylander, Marner and Matthews in three straight drafts. You’ve completely lost the plot.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Surely a Hawks fan would know the value of having a strong defense, but I guess I was wrong.

I'm sure playoff teams will be terrified of the pure mass and size of Bedard Demidov Moore coming at them.
Not every cup contender needs to be built like previous cup winners.

Hawks may not have a terribly impressive group of 2-way forwards waiting in the wings, and potentially adding Demidov would not help that, but they have a ton of solid defenders with size currently developing. Seriously, outside of Wyatt Kaiser (who is 6ft), the Hawks' defensive prospects/young guns are all 6ft2 or taller.

What the Hawks need is game breaking talent. Demidov is the most likely guy in this draft, outside Celebrini, to have that.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Not every cup contender needs to be built like previous cup winners.

Hawks may not have a terribly impressive group of 2-way forwards waiting in the wings, and potentially adding Demidov would not help that, but they have a ton of solid defenders with size currently developing. Seriously, outside of Wyatt Kaiser (who is 6ft), the Hawks' defensive prospects/young guns are all 6ft2 or taller.

What the Hawks need is game breaking talent. Demidov is the most likely guy in this draft, outside Celebrini, to have that.
I think you hit it on the head. While it’s important to be a solid defensive team, what you do want is balance. Outside of Bedard, there is not a game breaker in their prospect pool. If you go too defensive heavy, then you are basically the Islanders from a few years ago — a good defensive team whose only 30+ goal scorer was Nelson lol. That’s not getting you very far in the playoffs

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
The one thing to consider with the combine is its a few weeks before the draft, so maybe they just don't want to travel across the world twice in that short of a span, or can't afford to just sit around in NA for a few weeks.

It’s not up to them.
For the past 2 years the NHL hasn’t invited any Russians to the combine other than the ones already playing in North America (presumably because of the situation in Ukraine).

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Not sure if the other guy's take was a jab since the Leafs are a pretty good team even if they choke in the playoffs...
We are in year 2 of a rebuild, what we are now is irrelevant 25-26 is when we need to judge this team.

Right, my point was more so that the Leafs have a dynamic core forward group. They’re much closer to winning a cup than either of our teams.

If Chicago goes that route I’m cool with it. We need everything, but especially another star forward.

I was just giving him a hard time, frankly I don’t know crap about what the Habs prospect pool looks like right now.

Reactions: jfhabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad