Prospect Info: (F) Frank Nazar - 2022 NHL Draft, 13th Overall

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
What ever happened to that Cuck Hawks fan with the Heisenberg avi who pretty much got his rocks off whenever the team lost a game. Spent all of the early to mid 2010s saying they weren’t a contender and was cheering that he was finally right when they lost to St Louis in 2016

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Frankie having a rough go lastx10GP 1g 3a only abd -1...

NOT indicative as "ready" for the pros if you cannot dominate tge NCAa as a 13th overall pick
19 year old....D+1

Also looks like he got demoted off top line back to 2nd line C recently..
Funny how his game dropped off drasticalkycaftwrxall the turning pro talk..Ya think it has not effected hos performances recently?

• Wow
Reactions: WindsorHawk

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He was good against ND, he just didn't get rewarded. I thought he wasn't very good against Minnesota. Can't be amazing all the time and they ask him to do a ton of defensive work.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He never got into the top powerplay because their powerplay stayed so hot that there was never a need. Seems like he is on PK1 as an offset in terms of how they balance their top players. Of course their PP is great and their PK is bad so that's a bummer but whatever, I don't think you can say Nazar is the negative reason.

At this point, AHL would look more likely than NHL for next year so I think one more year of college makes sense in that case (which is fine, it will be a fairly crowded group joining Rockford next season). He's on the reserve list until August 15, 2026, so I would say sign him after his next college season ends.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Instead of staying at Michigan he could enter a transfer portal to a better team eam...If McGroarty Bribdley and Casey all leave for the pros then either he will want to be top remaining forward in featured top role even if on a crappy team next season OR he transfers to a stronger Frozen Four Contender ...transfer to BC? THE LEONARED SMITH and PERRAUL super stars will likely all go back for Soph. Season even if all are far more "teady" to impact as NHL pros than Nazar is Already after just their freshman seasons..but they are a year younger so will want to mature a bit more in college and on the personal level before hitting the pros as 2 and dones.

Or maybe he can find another team ready to contend with his help.

9bviously missing lsst season with injury stunted his development...showed some good stretches of hockey..BU in the last t 10 games that wss not sustained and his play has dropped off..If he cannot be more consistent in production he is either not ready for the pros OR he just is not that good.

So maybevhe needs to stay another season somewhere in NCAA hockey and prove to all that he can be more than just another guy in the pros.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Tough one, stay put on a less than average MI team, transfer to a better program or turn pro and cut off a year of college fun. Personally, I hope he turns pro and plays in Rockford for a full year and an occasional injury call up.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I hope he stays in college. I think he needs it after basically missing most of his freshman season. He always leaves me wanting more when I watch him play, because his play away from the puck sometimes can be lackadaisical. Now Brindley on the other hand is always engaged. That's the type of player I hope Nazar turns into, with higher offensive upside.

Reactions: ello

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I hope he stays in college. I think he needs it after basically missing most of his freshman season. He always leaves me wanting more when I watch him play, because his play away from the puck sometimes can be lackadaisical. Now Brindley on the other hand is always engaged. That's the type of player I hope Nazar turns into, with higher offensive upside.
There was a sequence during the Saturday game against Minnesota when he was a man possessed. Hunting the puck, delivering a hit, and skating his ass off. Just did not happen enough.

After watching Nazar and Moore this past weekend, and plenty prior, it occurrs to me that Nazar can play a 200 foot game as a center but Moore does play a 200 foot game.

As @TLEH points out, there will be an exodus of talent off the Michigan roster. That coupled with a head coach that's marginal at best leads me to believe Nazar should bolt to Hawks after seasons end. I don't see him gaining a lot staying another year.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
He could still technically join depending on when they get eliminated right?
If Michigan were to lose during the opening of the tournament, Nazar could see about 7 games if he signs. The target start game would be April 6 at home against Dallas.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
If you read between the lines on the new Pope article, I don’t think he’s coming next year and I think the Hawks do not like what they’ve seen with his defense and effort.

• Wow
Reactions: Malaka

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He's on PK1 and I don't see the inconsistent effort stuff. It hasn't been a great last 10 games but the 10 before that were dynamite. It happens.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If you read between the lines on the new Pope article, I don’t think he’s coming next year and I think the Hawks do not like what they’ve seen with his defense and effort.
I’m getting real sick of this management. It just seems like they want 4 lines worth of grinders, hence why they love Luke Richardson.

Build a talented team dumbasses. Dumping on Nazar makes no damn sense.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

I've seen it in spurts with him too which is why I was adamant about him staying. Let him be the guy. There was talk earlier that McGroarty might go back too but I doubt it (no way Brindley goes back). I hope Nazar got a good look at Brindley and how he played this year. Dog on a bone, carrying any line he's on, etc. That's what he needs to become.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad