F Florian Elias, DEL Adler Mannheim (2020 undrafted)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Florian Elias at eliteprospects.com
Probably just a product of Stutzle/Peterka , but just got his 5th point in 2 games and 10 minutes in the WJC.

Points were:
Stutzle by Peterka and Florian
Florian by Stutzle
Florian by Peterka and Gnyp
Peterka by Florian and Alberg
Florian by Stutzle and Gnyp

He's small but has produced in the DEL U20 as a 17 and 18 years old. Only 1 pro game (DEL-2) in his D+1 game since this year is being this year.

Last edited:

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
Anyone know which undrafted player holds the title for the most points in WJC-20?

To those who watched any of F. Elias's last three games, how'd he look?

Poda

Jul 31, 2020
He looked quite good imo. He is a good part of the best (and the only producing) line for Germany. Also very good on the dot from the eye test. Excited to follow his development in DEL.

Reactions: deflowd

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
I love his game so far. Small player but strips players off pucks all the time and wins many battles. Very good stickhandling, speed, good on the forecheck and definitely has goal scoring abilities around the net.

Top scorer last season in the DNL (highest german youth league) as well. Not a very good league, but you can't do more than being top scorer. Also lifetime 1.00 PPG for German national teams in 43 games.

I haven´t seen him play much before, but he looks really promising and don't get why no one took a flyer on him. He really only is small, that's it imo.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I haven´t seen him play much before, but he looks really promising and don't get why no one took a flyer on him. He really only is small, that's it imo.
1) Extremely small.
2) Did nothing to put himself on the radar in his draft year, DNL scoring really doesn't cut it.
3) Teams aren't really shy about drafting overagers so one can always come back to drafting players like this next year.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
1) Extremely small.
2) Did nothing to put himself on the radar in his draft year, DNL scoring really doesn't cut it.
3) Teams aren't really shy about drafting overagers so one can always come back to drafting players like this next year.

I don't think he will get drafted as an overager, but if he does well in the DEL this and maybe next season, I would not be surprised if an NHL team invites him to camp.

Reactions: Daeni10

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I love his game so far. Small player but strips players off pucks all the time and wins many battles. Very good stickhandling, speed, good on the forecheck and definitely has goal scoring abilities around the net.

Top scorer last season in the DNL (highest german youth league) as well. Not a very good league, but you can't do more than being top scorer. Also lifetime 1.00 PPG for German national teams in 43 games.

Skating isn't great for a small player. It's not bad, but when you are sub 5'10 and aren't a blazing skater, you are going to be drafted lower. When you aren't hugely dynamic offensively either and come from a country that isn't known for producing great hockey players, you might not get drafted.

But I agree he probably should be drafted next year.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Up to 9 points now. Obviously helps playing with Peterka and Stutzle but he's been very noticeable.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'd take a flyer on him. Smart player with excellent anticipation who's proven he can play with elite players. Needs to work in his skating and shooting, but he's got good edges, is strong on his feet, and moves the puck well.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He needs to play in the DEL this year. If he does, and he looks promising, he will get drafted. If not, he likely goes undrafted again.

Too many question marks and not enough skill to warrant a selection. There are likely dozens of other late round fliers with similar talent, but have been playing in better leagues with more exposure, have more size, etc.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I love the way he’s playing 100%; but to say he’s doing anything aside from riding shotgun to Stützle and Peterka is really just overvaluing his contributions to the team.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Was Germany's best player on the ice today, worked so hard, with and without the puck.

Surprisingly strong player, makes smart plays, is a fast skater, sure few things he needs to work on but
he is only 18.

Reactions: hn777

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Can an NHL team sign him in the next few weeks? What's the deadline to sign undrafted players?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Love this kid.

Absolute shame that he is not drafted yet.

Today scored a goal and had tip-in to crossbar on his own. Not just a Stutzle-Peterka product.
He’s a 5’8 player that never played on a U-20 national team or a men’s league. I think he’ll be a good player but that’s a recipe for getting passed over in your draft year.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Can an NHL team sign him in the next few weeks? What's the deadline to sign undrafted players?

Fun to watch in this tournament for sure but has yet to play a season above the German U20 league. What he does over the course of the year, whether in the German 2nd league or possibly the DEL, will give a better indication of his future.

Reactions: pgfan66 and Wooren

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nope, overager for draft. Maybe next years Chinakov?

Chinakhov is four inches taller, and playing well for a good KHL team. Elias has never even played for a DEL team. I think there could be a Chinakhov type of over-ager go early in the 2021 draft, but I don't think Elias will be anywhere close to the first round. He might not even be drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad