F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
Ive heard he isn't coming.

Interesting. After he apparently retweeted the Vancouver Giants press release about his selection figured he'd be coming. The Giants still have two imports eligible to return so maybe have those two play next year and then have Zadina, if he decides to come over a year from now, join the team then.

Last edited:

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
He is staying in the Czech Republic for this season. Hopefully he comes over the next year though, just like Zacha.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He is staying in the Czech Republic for this season. Hopefully he comes over the next year though, just like Zacha.

If he plays pro in the top division, no point to go back to junior.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Playing in the Extraliga at his age is quite impressive, if he sticks with the team this year he could have 2 pro seasons under his belt at the time of the draft, impressive.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Really hope he comes over to Vancouver would be fun to see him play. what Position is he gravitating towards? Center? Wing?

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague

Nice. I wanted to see what could he do in the WHL, but Sweden is great for developing too, much better than Czech Rep. for sure.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Nice. I wanted to see what could he do in the WHL, but Sweden is great for developing too, much better than Czech Rep. for sure.

I'm confused. What does this mean? Is the deal for next year or will he interrupt his season in Czech Republic to go to Sweden? Also is it known which team he will be playing for?

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
I'm confused. What does this mean? Is the deal for next year or will he interrupt his season in Czech Republic to go to Sweden? Also is it known which team he will be playing for?

I think it means 16-17 and 17-18 seasons. I didn't find what team has he signed with, I don't think it has been announced yet.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Senior team? Or junior team?

Guessing both, don't think they will throw him into the SHL without giving him some junior games first. He looked miles ahead of Isac Lundeström, who is on the senior team, when I saw them at the Ivan Hlinka tournament. SHL teams can't offer money to junior aged players so I'm guessing they offered him the opportunity to play senior hockey instead.

Procrastinator

Aug 7, 2005
Filip Zadina

Trying to get some insight on this kid.

Strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Who does he compare to most?

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Trying to get some insight on this kid.

Strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Who does he compare to most?

Don't know a comparison, but his biggest strenght is his shot. He is a goalscorer.

I wonder how the negotations with Lulea are going. He is still playing in the Czech U20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad