F Filip Zadina (2018, 6th, DET) Part 2

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
I mean, the dude has been billed as a very responsible 2-way winger since his draft year...

That said, Hart trophy AND Selke votes are locked in for him. Also regarded as the best 6th overall pick in league history until Seider comes in later this season.

You're right. I read all the scouting reports and watched the video, and I knew he had a reputation as a scorer who was also responsible defensively. I just didn't expect him to be so tenacious and hard to play against.
Man, if he could even get close to Palffy level....

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Very happy with Zadina's development.

What's interesting is that Raymond is also very responsible defensively. I think in a few years Detroit will be a tough team to play against even if we don't become the most intimidating team on the offensive side of things.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Really nice start for him. I think a lot of people assumed he was just a pure shoot first sniper but he's actually more a 200 foot player who likes to pass. He just happens to also have a pretty nice snipe on top of that. Great year for his development as not much pressure and lots of top 6 opportunities. I keep saying I think Detroit will be realy good very soon... Seider and Hronek in your Top 4 will be great!

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Zadina - Larkin - Bertuzzi
Mantha - Fabbri - Veleno

Hope the lines will look something like this in 2 years time

I’ll bite on this. Given the status of the contracts, I’ll give it a 50/50 shot that 2 of the 6 players listed here won’t be in the organization in 2 years.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
Wright isn't that good that he's replacing Larkin as a 1C in his rookie season...
Good point. I'm getting a little ahead of myself.

“1” Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
“2” Raymond - Wright - Zadina

That second line is beast though.

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Another sweet takeaway and nice feed. Probably been Detroits best player all 3 games so far

If only we can get him with better top 6 talent.

I'd like to see how he'd do with Veleno as his center. The two looked pretty good together at the prospect camp in 2019 with Veleno's speed carrying the puck up ice.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
So of course he wasn't on the ice in the last few minutes of the game.

yea there were some glaring coaching blunders in the final several minutes ion terms of player rotation.

Zadina has been a good surprise, if you can call it that. Its just nice to see the progression. Now, the key will be how will he be when he's getting lower ice time because he's struggling... can he get himself out of the funk? Is he going to be a consistent threat or streaky? We will find out this year but hopefully even if his offense is streaky, his hustle will stay.

Tatar would hustle when his game was rolling. Then when it was piping cold, his feet magically would do a 1-2-3 spirt and stop working.
Zadina, if he can keep those feet moving at all times, even when his offense is cold, that will be the difference between him being a top 6 and a top line player IMO.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
guys its clearly gonna be

Zadina Larkin Mantha
Raymond Lambert Berggren
Bertuzzi Veleno Fabbri

That 3rd line could actually be pretty fun. I've got hopes that Brome can stick around and becomes a 2nd/3rd line player though. Maybe put him on Veleno's line instead of Fabbri.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I would be happy if we switched Mantha with Zadina who is much more responsible smarter and more skilled player, then trade Mantha for draft picks. Zadina needs more icetime against best oponents Make Brome - Larkin - Zadina line or Ryan - Larkin - Zadina.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00