F Eduard Sale - Kitchener, OHL (2023, 20th, SEA)

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Judging by the fact Seattle took Sale and Rehkopf last year, I'm guessing raw skill ranks higher in their evaluation process than compete and physical engagement.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Judging by the fact Seattle took Sale and Rehkopf last year, I'm guessing raw skill ranks higher in their evaluation process than compete and physical engagement.
Based on the 3 year drafting trend, I would say they play it safe(r) for high picks and take risks with lower ones. Our high draft picks were Beniers and Wright. Sale was a late 1st rounder and the likes of Rehkopf, Goyette, Firkus were in the 2nd round.

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
Kitchener is a good place for him. Good coaching staff in place and Rehkopf will be there next year as well so the team should be looking to improve upon their record from this year.

We started to see him play at the level we anticipated from him at the start of the season in the playoffs so just build off that and give him the runway he needs.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Kitchener is a good place for him. Good coaching staff in place and Rehkopf will be there next year as well so the team should be looking to improve upon their record from this year.

We started to see him play at the level we anticipated from him at the start of the season in the playoffs so just build off that and give him the runway he needs.
That is the hope. Sale was always going to be a boom/bust type pick for us. I am ok giving him 2-3 more seasons before I totally give up on him.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004

Kitchener is should be in a rebuild this year. They won’t be likely to improve their record from this year.

That being said Sale will get a lot of ice time and should put up some pretty good numbers. I’d expect him to be traded at the deadline text season to an OHL contender.

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
Kitchener is should be in a rebuild this year. They won’t be likely to improve their record from this year.

That being said Sale will get a lot of ice time and should put up some pretty good numbers. I’d expect him to be traded at the deadline text season to an OHL contender.
My bad I got it confused. I'm guessing Rehkopf is also expected to be traded then?

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
My bad I got it confused. I'm guessing Rehkopf is also expected to be traded then?
Yes he is. Or at least it would be best for the long run for the team.

Kitchener’s draft cupboard is just about empty for the next four years. No second or third round picks at all. If the Rangers made no moves and went in to next year with the team as it is they would be a middle of the pack team. To compete in years to come they need a sell off year.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Imagine busting in your D+1 year in the OHL of all f***ing places

Go ahead and roast me if you must, I'll bump this thread and your comments in 5 years from now.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Imagine busting in your D+1 year in the OHL of all f***ing places

Go ahead and roast me if you must, I'll bump this thread and your comments in 5 years from now.
I am unsure if you are being sarcastic about the busting or being serious. I dont think anyone can argue that he was not good this season. But can we classify him as a bust after his first season in NA?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I am unsure if you are being sarcastic about the busting or being serious. I dont think anyone can argue that he was not good this season. But can we classify him as a bust after his first season in NA?
Bronze at U20.. team leader . Over .ppg in playoffs. I'm disappointed overall but bust is a little soon.lol

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Bronze at U20.. team leader . Over .ppg in playoffs. I'm disappointed overall but bust is a little soon.lol
Sale was terrible at the U20 though. Play of his I recall the most is him choking on a glorious chance that would have given the Czechs 3:0 lead in the QF and pretty much put Canada away.

That being said, this disastrous season could be a blessing in disguise. Either he finally pulls his head out of ass and starts putting in the work, both off and on ice, or he lazily glides back to Czech Republic and becomes a slightly above average player here, joining the already long list of Czech busts. Latter seems considerably more likely at this point, unfortunately.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sale was terrible at the U20 though. Play of his I recall the most is him choking on a glorious chance that would have given the Czechs 3:0 lead in the QF and pretty much put Canada away.

That being said, this disastrous season could be a blessing in disguise. Either he finally pulls his head out of ass and starts putting in the work, both off and on ice, or he lazily glides back to Czech Republic and becomes a slightly above average player here, joining the already long list of Czech busts. Latter seems considerably more likely at this point, unfortunately.
Definitely not what I was expecting for a D + 1. On track to be Michal Teply right now.lol BUT... I am a big fan and hope he figures out some things. Cardio and weights might go a long way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad