F Eduard Sale - Kitchener, OHL (2023, 20th, SEA)

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Point is Sale was better and more impactful at U20 then Dvorsky, he had a better club season behind him, being more impactful in top league, rather then Dvorsky only in the second. Yet dvorky is ranked somewhere around 7-8 and Sale even as low as 25, only because Dvorsky had better U18.

Dvorsky is much better than Sale.

Sale is a cream puff and Seattle would trade him to St.Louis in a nanosecond for Dvorsky if Blues management was dumb enough to make such an offer.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Dvorsky is much better than Sale.

Sale is a cream puff and Seattle would trade him to St.Louis in a nanosecond for Dvorsky if Blues management was dumb enough to make such an offer.
It's rare you get a troll in the prospects section.. usually just the Michkov thread. Keep up the good work. If you want to talk about Dvorsky (who is awesome) then you are in the wrong place!

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
50-50.. I think going from Extraliga (which I'm not saying is great) to CHL is a step back. Kulich didn't and he was drafted around similar age.

On the other hand, he should get a lot of minutes and get acquainted to the NA ice.

Just surprised it was decided before training camp. AHL he may have not got many points at all and might be great for his confidence to get scoring and running a PP.
I think the big thing is his size. The AHL is a tough league for an 18-19 year old and it's likely he would still have to work his way up the lineup to some degree similar to Shane Wright in the playoffs for the Firebirds.

In the OHL, he will be able to play more with the puck on his stick, get good PP1 time (Wright was getting PP2 with the Firebirds), and be able to get adjusted to NA more comfortably than he would in the AHL. Personally, I think he has the skill level to possibly make an impact at the AHL level, but if I had to choose what I think is the best development curve for him, it would be the patient approach and have him play in the OHL this year and the AHL next year.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I have only been stat watching but seems like Barrie as a whole is pretty offensively starved.
Yeah, that's what I thought, the team isn't exactly playing firewagon hockey it seems and their 5 on 5 metrics appear to be solid. At the same time, they are not doing well in the standings so all the stats are very open to interpretation.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Potentially facing same adjustment problems as Mesar last yea And Oskar Olausson from year prior? All 3 were first rounders who had tough time adjusting to NA hockey in their DY+1 in junior. Still I expect Sale to get going soon, I heard that saturdays game was his best so far.
Stat watcher here... so far, disapointed and I'm a big fan of his. I even said maybe AHL, boy was I way off here.lol

Reactions: Blueston

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023

I've been watching the games and this sums it up. He's dangerous when he wants to be. He's also been improving the last two games (2 goals, 2 assists) so I think he might just need a little more time to adjust. I think he has all the talent in the world so it's just a matter of staying committed and adapting to the NA style of play which it seems like he's doing. Besides, I think with a player like this he might need a little extra runaway and the Kraken are a patient organization so here's to hoping he can reach his ceiling.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So 20 games in, still even below ppg. He is starting to really worry me. I know Barrie is not very good this season, but I would still expect more from him productivity wise.

How does he look in the games?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I want to send a big shoutout to the fan that predicted this during the world Juniors! Nailed it.

I love it... Hope him and Mesar absolutely kill it!

He does worry me a bit though... Poor production in extraliaga... Kometa sucks.

Meh stats in OHL.. Barrie sucks and lost their best D early on.

Decent numbers at work Juniors.. was playing injured.

All the reasons are true... But, at some point, he needs to start getting points and killing it. He is not gifted with size (not small or anything but he's not a beast like Sapo who contributes in other ways). it's his IQ that sets him apart.

Really hoping to be back here saying something around 1.5ppg and some playoff success.

Reactions: luapejrug

luapejrug

Jan 24, 2023
I want to send a big shoutout to the fan that predicted this during the world Juniors! Nailed it.

I love it... Hope him and Mesar absolutely kill it!

He does worry me a bit though... Poor production in extraliaga... Kometa sucks.

Meh stats in OHL.. Barrie sucks and lost their best D early on.

Decent numbers at work Juniors.. was playing injured.

All the reasons are true... But, at some point, he needs to start getting points and killing it. He is not gifted with size (not small or anything but he's not a beast like Sapo who contributes in other ways). it's his IQ that sets him apart.

Really hoping to be back here saying something around 1.5ppg and some playoff success.
He is in the perfect situation for him to succeed. He will be able to focus as a playmaking winger on a team with an elite shooting center.

The only thing is I'm not sure how much his injury is impacting his play. I see clips from his draft year and he was skating way harder than he has as of late. Hoping he gets to 100% before getting back into the lineup.

Reactions: Czechboy

rubenflamshep

Dec 6, 2023
Toronto
scoutthe.xyz
Sounds like we're overall optimistic about his change of scenery. Points-production a bit low for a first round pick, hopefully I'll be reposting about his uptick in production in a month or two!
Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 9.28.39 PM.png

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot