F Connor McClennon - Kootenay Ice, WHL (2020, 178th, PHI)

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Connor McClennon is a 5'8" forward playing for Kootenay Ice. Drafted 2nd overall in the 2017 WHL Bantam Draft, he joined the team in November 2017 due to an emergency situation.

So far he has 2 games played in the WHL, with 0 points. His bantam stats are pretty good, anyone know what kind of player Connor is?

Connor McClennon

Last edited:
Reactions: d rake

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Connor McClennon is a 5'9" forward playing for Kootenay Ice. Drafted 2nd overall in the 2017 WHL Bantam Draft, he joined the team in November 2017 due to an emergency situation.

So far he has 2 games played in the WHL, with 0 points. His bantam stats are pretty good, anyone know what kind of player Connor is?

Connor McClennon

In bantam he honestly reminded me of how Brendan Leipsic played in Portland when in WHL. Smaller forward that is extremely skilled and entertaining to watch and is a pain in the butt... He had some grit and was a mouthy little player that would get opponents off their game but would end the game with alot of points... I havent seen him this season though so i cant comment if he still plays that style(i would assume he does though)

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Last season he played 5 games for Kootenay, getting 0 points. He obviously struggled a bit, but I am confident that he will adept better to the WHL this season.

Right now Kootenay is one of the weaker teams in the WHL, so I don't expect him to carry his team, but who knows!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Very impressed by what I saw of his play today. Scored the winning goal after taking the puck away from Foudy. Like @Skinnyjimmy08 said, he's a real pest of a player. Very smart about his defensive contributions. Good at taking the puck away from the other team. High-end skill, as well. Thought his skating was also pretty good.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
I just can't shake the feeling I get of great junior player, limited upside as an nhler, every time I watch him.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
With how soft the NHL is becoming he should have no issues translating to the NHL. Even if it was 10 years ago I don't think he'd struggle as he playes a very aggressive in your face game combined with a lot of high end skill.

He's currently destroying the U17's with 9 points in 3 games

Really wish I could see some of these games. Do you know anywhere they are stored?

dh99

Apr 17, 2019
Just a stat watcher here but he seems to have had a good rookie year on a terrible team. Should be interesting to see how he does next year.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Just a stat watcher here but he seems to have had a good rookie year on a terrible team. Should be interesting to see how he does next year.

Yeah with Krebs entering his D+1 and Lambos joining the team full time they should be an improved team over last year. If they can land Carter Savoie they have another good winger for their top line.

Savoie - Krebs - McClennon

will be a solid first line and then they just need to add some depth.

Reactions: dh99 and Dominance

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
yeah he's the same size as some of the forwards ranked around the late 1st-mid 2nd by some. I'd expect him to go 3rd-4th but he unfortunately got hurt and will likely be out until near the playoffs with a broken collarbone
He is the type of player that will drop to the 3rd and 4th round due to his size and in 4 to 5 years there will be threads asking why he dropped so low.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I had him 51 on my last list. I think he's a top 2 round talent, but thats only my list, so I don't know where he'll be drafted.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Biased Winnipeg ICE season ticket holder here.

He has 2nd round talent for sure, and after a slow start where he couldn't buy a goal, he took off just before Krebs came back (inb4 people say it was due to Krebs). Before his injury, he was the best player on the ice almost every game I saw.

I can't say enough good things about the kid. I love his game. Never takes shifts off. Hard worker. Really good shot, skating and hands. I even like how he can sometimes get under opponents skin. But yeah, hes really small.

I expect that the injury will hurt his draft stock which is very unfortunate for the kid. Good thing is, he should be back for playoffs.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad