F Connor McClennon - Kootenay Ice, WHL (2020, 178th, PHI)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted second overall in the 2017 WHL Draft, Connor McClennon made an instant impact as the Winnipeg (formerly Kootenay) Ice rebuild. He put up 14 goals and 29 points in 46 games as a rookie. This past year, he improved with 21 goals and 28 assists for 49 points in 42 games. He also served as an alternate captain with Winnipeg.

The Wainwright, Alberta native has also made an impact on the International stage. Playing for Team Canada White, he was outstanding at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. McClennon scored eight goals and 11 points in just five tournament games. He led the tournament in both goals and points, and was named to the tournament All-Star Team. McClennon also represented Canada at the 2019 Hlinka-Gretzky Cup. He scored one goal and two points in five games and helped the team to a silver medal.

In 2017-18, McClennon led Northern Alberta X-Treme Prep to the CSSHL title. He scored 26 goals and 67 points in 33 regular-season games. He also added four goals and 11 points in five playoff games. McClennon also scored six goals and 10 points in five games for Alberta at the WHL Cup, finishing second.

Our Scouting Report

https://lastwordonhockey.com/2020/05/25/connor-mcclennon-scouting-report/

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Anyone have been watching the guy play? He's tearing it up, 21 points in 15 games. I'm thinking he's playing along Peyton Krebs.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
They are but Edmonton is still the top dog especially once they get Neighbours back and trade for Guhle(or a different high end dman). They'll be going all in this year while Ice still have a few years left on the window

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
They are but Edmonton is still the top dog especially once they get Neighbours back and trade for Guhle(or a different high end dman). They'll be going all in this year while Ice still have a few years left on the window

The ice will be more exciting to watch though but I agree Edmonton will be in the hunt as well.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I was all over this guy in the 2020 Draft and everyone told me I was stupid lol

We need to take Connor McClennon.

Everyone who doesn't want Connor McClennon has a small wee-wee

Connor McClennon at #109 please, PLEASE

Connor McClennon at #124 the dream is still alive let's go

Let's go Connor McClennon let's go he'd be insane value at #136

Wonder who Philly wants...

Oh **** off Philly