F Cole Caufield - USNTDP Juniors, USHL (2019, 15th, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I don't agree. He put one puck in the net, but besides that, had his worst game of the tournament. Zegras and Hughes were great. Caufield was nowhere near as good as either of those two today.
I thought Caufield looked like he was pressing a little too much in this game, as if the pressure of being within striking distance of Ovechkin's tournament scoring record was getting to him. He missed on a few excellent setups from Hughes and Zegras that you would normally expect him to bury, and that penalty shot attempt was ugly.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hawks do not need another high scoring d-man. Already have Gustafsson (60+ point guy),top D (elite) prospects: Jokiharju,Boqvist,Beaudin and other quality D prospects like Mitchell and Krys, then there's these d-men already with long contracts, DKeith,BSeabrook,CMurphy
- then there's Koekkoek and Dahlström

When a player like Cole Caufield falls in to your lap, you gotta pick him. Hawks need a player like Caufield,
don't need to draft yet another d-man, no needs for becoming the next Anaheim Ducks.
So, Hawks need another Debrincat?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Ovechkin scored his record two years younger though, the Americans sending a team full of this summer's top draft picks to U18 is pretty unique.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Jesus... good for him... sucks for whoever had eyes on him in the mid rounds aka hopefully my habs, oh well, him rising will make others fall.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Yeah, Ovechkin was 16 and Caufield is 18. The point being that it's rare for top prospects to return to U18 when they're 18, the Americans now have a team stacked with such players which inflates the stats quite a bit.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Ovechkin scored his record two years younger though, the Americans sending a team full of this summer's top draft picks to U18 is pretty unique.

Ovechkin was in his 16 year old season when he did it, Caufield in his 17 year old season. There’s a 1 year difference between them, obviously Ovechkin’s is more impressive but it doesn’t take anything away from Caufield. A record is a record.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
He's very skilled, but he's also 5'7 which will be a prohibitive issue early on while at least equally good players like Byram or Podkolzin are still available. I would be surprised if he goes 3rd among his own teammates.

Reactions: TimeZone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad