F Cole Caufield - USNTDP Juniors, USHL (2019, 15th, MTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It still adds to my point that Button puts too much emphasis on a tournament after saying he doesn't believe you should.

Button is notorious for putting waaaayyy to much stock into international tournaments. I think it's mostly because that is where he gets a majority of his looks. I doubt he sits around watching much video. He goes to rinks and gets lots of live views but he's at every major tournament Hlinka, WJC, u18's. He's probably one of the most reactionary rankers out there.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I don't see CC fitting with the Blackhawks. Bowen Byram or Turcotte I think would fit well with their future. Toews and Kane aren't getting younger..although seems to get better with age hahaha

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think DeBrincat's success will likely make GM's fearful to NOT pick Caufield in the top 10-12. Ironically, the 6'2" Kaliyev seems to be the forgotten one. I think there are some that fear he doesn't work hard enough, which, if true, would be a Red flag for me.
The stars are aligning for Caufield because of the tournament...Kaliyev, not so much. Both have a much sought after skill.

BTW, Kaliyev has OHL stats almost exactly the same as DeBrincats'.

I do find it funny that Caufield is going to be playing with a player at WIS who is going to be 4" shorter than him.
It'll be even funnier when they are kicking Minnesota's ass :D

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It'll be even funnier when they are kicking Minnesota's ass :D
Dhooghe will one ankle, Caufield the other.

I think Caufield and Turcotte are going to be terrific right away in the NCAA, and Miller should dominate. Don't think Vorlicky will get much playing time, but he will probably end up being one of those 4 year players that all teams need to succeed. I don't see anything really exciting coming in for the gophers, but Brinkman, Ranta, Walker and McClaughlin should all be better, and Reedy showed signs of waking up at the end of next year. They won't have an awesome goalie to rely on anymore, though.

Hopefully both teams are better. Except for brief stretches, they were horrendous next year.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why wouldnt you take Caufield over Turcotte then? I wouldnt take Caufield in top 10 if I was picking - just other players with less risk. 10-15 is probably about right.
You're missing my point. I was responding to your post that said you would take Caufield at #20. That's like me saying that I would take Turcotte at #12, or that CHI would take Hughes at #3. All of those scenarios are obviously not going to happen.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
I think Caufield goes somewhere between Buffalo #7 (skinner replacement) and Van #10. Would be shocked if he goes lower

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
What a helluva player clearly best goal scorer in entire 2019 draft class.
This might sound delusional but i wouldn't be surprised if this guy ( Caufield ) drops Kakko 3rd overall.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I think Caufield goes somewhere between Buffalo #7 (skinner replacement) and Van #10. Would be shocked if he goes lower

With these U18 WJC performances Caufield deserves go TOP3.
Even Heiskanen and Kotkaniemi went TOP3 due to really good U18 WJC's in their draft year so why not Caufield as well.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
CC is also a one dimensional goal scorer, that's not a good thing when translating to the NHL.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
This might sound delusional but i wouldn't be surprised if this guy ( Caufield ) drops Kakko 3rd overall.
giphy.gif

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
What a helluva player clearly best goal scorer in entire 2019 draft class.
Yeah, a little bit delusional. KK is busy playing against men right now, and will be on the WC team.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I don't see CC fitting with the Blackhawks. Bowen Byram or Turcotte I think would fit well with their future. Toews and Kane aren't getting younger..although seems to get better with age hahaha

Hawks do not need another high scoring d-man. Already have Gustafsson (60+ point guy),top D (elite) prospects: Jokiharju,Boqvist,Beaudin and other quality D prospects like Mitchell and Krys, then there's these d-men already with long contracts, DKeith,BSeabrook,CMurphy
- then there's Koekkoek and Dahlström

When a player like Cole Caufield falls in to your lap, you gotta pick him. Hawks need a player like Caufield,
don't need to draft yet another d-man, no needs for becoming the next Anaheim Ducks.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Hawks do not need another high scoring d-man. Already have Gustafsson (60+ point guy),top D (elite) prospects: Jokiharju,Boqvist,Beaudin and other quality D prospects like Mitchell and Krys, then there's these d-men already with long contracts, DKeith,BSeabrook,CMurphy
- then there's Koekkoek and Dahlström

When a player like Cole Caufield falls in to your lap, you gotta pick him. Hawks need a player like Caufield,
don't need to draft yet another d-man, no needs for becoming the next Anaheim Ducks.

He’s not falling into your lap at 3, you’re going up to get him. Make no mistake about it, he’s a very good prospect but I’m not taking a 5’7 winger, in the top 5. If you miss on that, with the collection of top end D/C prospects on the board, that’s a fireable offence. There’s no need to overthink this if you’re the GM.

We’ve gone from one extreme where size matters way too much to the other, where it apparently doesn’t matter at all. It’s not the be all end all but it matters.

Reactions: 780il

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Who play extremely similar games at similar sizes and are mostly goal scorers.

One dimensional scorers absolutely have a place and can adapt to the NHL.
From what I've seen, they don't really play "extremely similar games".

And you can't generalize with just one example. I could say that Caufield also plays a similar game to Nail Yakupov - a great skater, goalscorer, great shot. You see how it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce