Confirmed with Link: (F)Brett Connolly 4 yr @ 3.25 Mil

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think a lot of people already forget he had a couple big goals in the Final against Vegas. He was not a passenger for Washington on their Cup run. He definitely shows up for the playoffs, and looks like he gets better every season. A top pick who has been a late bloomer but has shown steady progression. He's been going nowhere but up the last few years, and he's always had a great wrist shot. Some prospect watchers may also know, he was in the convo for 1st overall in his Draft-1 year. He's always been a high skill guy and still has that shot. If not for some serious injuries in junior, he could have turned into a pretty good player.

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
Has the most to prove out of all the fa signings imo. He’s really the only one that you don’t know exactly what you’re getting.. wish him the best moving forward

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Has the most to prove out of all the fa signings imo. He’s really the only one that you don’t know exactly what you’re getting.. wish him the best moving forward
Yes and no... If you listen to all the interviews he's done since he signed he really has a calm and mature demeanor about him. You can tell he's battled to get where he is now and he's not satisfied. He knows he has more to give but I get the feeling he's more action than talk which is good in my book. I think he will be a quiet leader for this group and an awesome 3rd line guy. Fingers crossed...

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
We don,t know if Stralman is back to form after his injury either, so we don't know exactly what we're getting.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Conn is quickly becoming one of my favourite Panthers. That shot he had last night was straight money.
The two Boston announcers, Dumb and Dumber, actually had something smart to say the other night. They were saying how Conn was such a good signing for the Panthers. He is a former number three overall pick, that has taken time to figure out his game. He is now a very good NHL player with Stanley Cup experience.

I would wonder how he might help some of the younger Panthers, notably Ek, to deal with the high Draft pick status. Just because you were drafted high does not mean you have to play a certain way. Hopefully Conn can parlay that message to the boys.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Conn is quickly becoming one of my favourite Panthers. That shot he had last night was straight money.
The two Boston announcers, Dumb and Dumber, actually had something smart to say the other night. They were saying how Conn was such a good signing for the Panthers. He is a former number three overall pick, that has taken time to figure out his game. He is now a very good NHL player with Stanley Cup experience.

I would wonder how he might help some of the younger Panthers, notably Ek, to deal with the high Draft pick status. Just because you were drafted high does not mean you have to play a certain way. Hopefully Conn can parlay that message to the boys.

He was a 6th overall, but in his draft -1 year, he was being talked about as potential #1 overall. When he first broke into juniors, he was quite the dynamic offensive player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad