Confirmed with Link: (F)Brett Connolly 4 yr @ 3.25 Mil

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
connolly.PNG

Connolly's deal.
No signing bonuses.
3.25 spread out evenly over the 4 years.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
He'll need to earn Vatrano's spot if he wants to play on the 2nd line. Vatrano was nice enough to give Bob #72, but I have a feeling he'll make it a little harder on Connelly

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I thought he was one of the few Caps who cared about the series against the Canes, many others gave up/were disinterested, like they didn’t want to go through the effort again.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Like this a lot. We need to get the scoring depth that McCann, Bjugstad, Hawrlyuk, Malgin etc... never provided.
If he brings his hustle, his 15-20+ goals, and his cup winning experience, then this end up one of Tallon's best signings all decade.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Hope we keep him on the 3rd for better match ups, that's probably why he's been so good at even strength. Vatrano has earned the 2nd line spot. But they could switch it up through the season.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Hope we keep him on the 3rd for better match ups, that's probably why he's been so good at even strength. Vatrano has earned the 2nd line spot. But they could switch it up through the season.
Try him with Trocheck. Whoever works with Trocheck should be on there.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Always disliked him since the day he was drafted and was chewing gum and acting cocky when he was drafted. But now he’s with us so now I root for him. Hopefully he does well

Reactions: 16Skippy

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Always disliked him since the day he was drafted and was chewing gum and acting cocky when he was drafted. But now he’s with us so now I root for him. Hopefully he does well

For what it's worth Brett was an extremely humble and likable guy during his time in DC. I think he ate a big old slice of humble pie after getting dumped by the Bolts and Bruins and dedicated himself to becoming a pro in Washington. He is leaving as a fan favorite who will get a video tribute in November.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
For what it's worth Brett was an extremely humble and likable guy during his time in DC. I think he ate a big old slice of humble pie after getting dumped by the Bolts and Bruins and dedicated himself to becoming a pro in Washington. He is leaving as a fan favorite who will get a video tribute in November.

Does he suck defensively? That seems to be the opinion here.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

The real question is, why the f*** does he look 65?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Does he suck defensively? That seems to be the opinion here.
Also is he hardnosed and gritty or is he a soft floater? Read the whole spectrum about him this week...

I wouldn’t say he sucks defensively but it’s not what he was known for in DC. He didn’t initiate a lot of contact and he’s not the fleetest of foot so his defense never stuck out. He’s more or less where he’s supposed to be in the neutral and defensive zones and he’s decent with the poke check but he was never known as a shot blocker here and I don’t ever recall him being on the PK despite being a bottom six guy.

It’s pretty simple with him: Connolly is an opportunistic scorer with a terrific release. He’s not bad any of the other aspects of the game but that’s what his game is predicated on. He does well with line mates who can skate with the puck and distribute to him... I wouldn’t expect him to be one of your regular puck battle winners (which is a big reason he never got PP time in DC despite his shot).

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
I wouldn’t say he sucks defensively but it’s not what he was known for in DC. He didn’t initiate a lot of contact and he’s not the fleetest of foot so his defense never stuck out. He’s more or less where he’s supposed to be in the neutral and defensive zones and he’s decent with the poke check but he was never known as a shot blocker here and I don’t ever recall him being on the PK despite being a bottom six guy.

It’s pretty simple with him: Connolly is an opportunistic scorer with a terrific release. He’s not bad any of the other aspects of the game but that’s what his game is predicated on. He does well with line mates who can skate with the puck and distribute to him... I wouldn’t expect him to be one of your regular puck battle winners (which is a big reason he never got PP time in DC despite his shot).

Thank you very much for your observations, they were very insightful, IMO. Best of luck in the upcoming season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad