F Brady Tkachuk (2018, 4th, OTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Based on this tweet:

"DT: It'll be interesting to see which teams decide to go all in as we get to the OHL Trade Deadline. I’m assuming SSM, Sarnia, Mississauga, Owen Sound, London(yes London…add Tkachuk & look at their core) & Peterborough but each have holes to fill so the deadline should be fun!"

It seems that Seidel thinks Tkachuk will be joining London this year.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
What're the chances he's a center at the next level?
Extremely limited. Has been primarily a LWer for the past 2 years, and his game is more suited to the wing. He's a big guy strong in the corners and in front of the net, with good IQ, and vision with pest qualities. But, he's not a great skater and I don't think he's a guy you want to be the primary driver of offence on a line.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
He's a good net front presence. Loves to pester the goaltender and defenders in front. He'll take a lot of penalties, but he will also draw penalties while in the offensive zone.

Pest ability is that of Subban, his brother, and possibly even Marchand. Look at his grin in the OPs picture. Even I kind of want to hit him.

He has a good wrist shot... not a ton of power behind it, but his accuracy is underrated and better than that of his brother Matthew.

Defensive coverage is average (great when he plays angry haha), speed is pretty good (for a power forward mold), slapper can get better.

Highly ranked in scouts... one of the top American skater if not the top, but he will dot likely be picked around the 10 spot. His discipline isn't very good, takes more penalties than he draws, and can sometimes be a bit streaky, not just with his play, but with his development. Has a world of talent, just depends what type of player he wants to be.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Why didn't he go to the OHL like Matt ?
Pretty sure a significant reason Matt went to the OHL was that he didn't fast track, and it would have been a strait to qualify for the 2015/16 season. Brady probably planned in advance or was registered for school earlier.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
He doesn't have to fast track if he's a late birthday. He's a 99 in a 2000 draft.
If that's what you were thinking.

Short Side High

Jul 11, 2006
He doesn't have to fast track if he's a late birthday. He's a 99 in a 2000 draft.

Actually, it's the late birthdays that do have to fast track. Late birthdays finish with the USNTDP before they're draft eligible and have to either fast track like Brady Tkachuk, McAvoy, or Eichel; or forgo playing in the NCAA and choose another league for their draft year, like Auston Matthews or Matthew Tkachuk.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Actually, it's the late birthdays that do have to fast track. Late birthdays finish with the USNTDP before they're draft eligible and have to either fast track like Brady Tkachuk, McAvoy, or Eichel; or forgo playing in the NCAA and choose another league for their draft year, like Auston Matthews or Matthew Tkachuk.
I suspect he meant fast track his schooling, which Brady does not need to as he should've graduated.

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
he still might ;) if he feels his game will grow faster in London he might opt to leave BU early

From NHL.com
Though Matthew believed the 72-game junior season would be better for his development during his draft season, Brady said college is the right route for him because of the older, more physically developed competition he's facing. BU will play 36 regular-season games, mostly on the weekends.
"I want to play against men," he said. "My goal is to make it to the NHL so that's the best route for me."

Tomorrow night's BU-Cornell game at Madison Square Garden is being live-streamed free by BU.
111499 – Stadium

Reactions: NotProkofievian

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

I suspect he meant fast track his schooling, which Brady does not need to as he should've graduated.
It can actually widely vary. The United States doesn't run on the January 1st to December 31st schooling calendar. A bunch of states run September 1st to August 31st. So, there is never really a clear-cut answer, with late birthdays. Matthews and Matthew Tkachuk were both in their grade 11 school year when they were on the U-18's. Matthews actually had to fast track courses over the summer to play for Zurich, as they wouldn't have let him play if he hadn't of graduated high-school. I have no idea what grade year Brady was registered with. Kyle Connor was a late-birthday who in his draft year was still in high-school, the same thing applies to Casey Mittelstadt. With Canadian kids (and Ontario which I am most familiar with) it tends to be clear-cut, that isn't true with American kids. Some late-birthdays are registered with the class above early on or fast track.

WildThingRickVaughn

Apr 7, 2016
For those who have seen a lot of Tkachuk in the USHL, BU, or at the WJC.....he's listed by many as a center/ left wing, many have him projected as a left wing.

Can he play center in the NHL?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
For those who have seen a lot of Tkachuk in the USHL, BU, or at the WJC.....he's listed by many as a center/ left wing, many have him projected as a left wing.

Can he play center in the NHL?

He's a left winger. Likes to attack heavy on the forecheck and isn't that great a skater. He has all the makings of a physical LWer who can play the side boards with solid vision and passing but is at his best-causing havoc in front of the net.

I don't think he's played serious minutes at center in a while. He was centered by Norris for the U-18's. At BU to get him on the top line, they have even tried moving Greenway to center over him.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Man this kid is good. Probably the safest pick of the draft after Dahlin. You know exactly what you'll get from him night after night and his floor is very high. If he can be as effective as his brother, and they play a very similar style of game, I would take him at 3 without any hesitation. Might not end up scoring more points than some of the guys projected in the 3-10 range, but he can impact the game in so many different ways.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
He’s going to be like Matthew, a guy you can easily take in the top 5 and would never have any problems with it as a pick but he maybe doesn’t have the upside other guys do. I’d take him top 5, just like I had his brother ranked in the top 5 that season but I think guys with more upside may get taken ahead of him. However he doesn’t have the same talent in the draft as his brother had so maybe he won’t fall because of it.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
This kid is growing on me. I really like the fact that he always goes straight to the dirty areas, and has enough skills to finish off plays. Imagining him and Gallagher on the same team puts a smile on my face. Other teams will REALLY hate playing the Habs. Added bonus is that he appears to have some chemistry with Poehling.

So if Tkachuk is BPA when the Habs pick, I wouldn't dislike the choice.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy has been better than I expected. I'm not sure he'll be as good as Matt, but he should be a good NHL player. I'm not sure I'd pick him in the top 5, but I think he's solidified top 10. If he goes top 5, I think it speaks to this being a weaker draft aside from the top 2.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
I don't think he's as offensively skilled as Matthew, but he certainly projects to be a great all-around player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad