F Blake Biondi - Notre Dame (2020, 109th, MTL)

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
Blake Biondi at eliteprospects.com

I have a feeling this player could go high in next year draft. Anybody have a scouting report on him?

Thanks!

he is a legit 1st round talent...... wouldn't shock me if NTDP tries to find a way to get him in there for next season... that U17 team looks very unimpressive this year.... hopefully he moves on to Junior hockey next year, not much for him to prove in the Conf. he currently plays in....

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
For those who aren't aware, he made the NTDP team this year but declined the invite to return to Hermantown. Like the above poster said it wouldn't surprise me if he goes next year, a la Gavin Hain.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I always shy away from taking players that have only played in Minnesota in the first round. Mittelstadt was the exception for me, but a half blond donkey could see his skill was off the charts. Biondi is good but I don’t like the sample size and competition.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I always shy away from taking players that have only played in Minnesota in the first round. Mittelstadt was the exception for me, but a half blond donkey could see his skill was off the charts. Biondi is good but I don’t like the sample size and competition.

Even Mittelstadt had played internationally and had torn up the USHL before he was drafted. It's pretty rare these days for a kid at that level to not play before and after the season in the USHL or get some international experience.

You've got guys like Blake Wheeler, Nick Leddy, Jake Gardiner, Ryan McDonagh, Nick Bjugstad and Brock Nelson who only played in MN leading up to their draft year and turned out alright.

Either way, I'd be surprised if Biondi returns to Hermantown at all next year so this should be a moot point.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
High motor and shooting is his game. Probably would have been the main scorer on the 17's had he not declined.

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
Even Mittelstadt had played internationally and had torn up the USHL before he was drafted. It's pretty rare these days for a kid at that level to not play before and after the season in the USHL or get some international experience.

You've got guys like Blake Wheeler, Nick Leddy, Jake Gardiner, Ryan McDonagh, Nick Bjugstad and Brock Nelson who only played in MN leading up to their draft year and turned out alright.

Either way, I'd be surprised if Biondi returns to Hermantown at all next year so this should be a moot point.

Sioux City has a knack of getting these players to come their senior year as well... example is Bobby Brink this year.... I'd be shocked if Biondi didn't see some games with SC this Spring....

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He led the Select 17 team in scoring at the Five Nations, but that's a weak tournament and the US finished in a woeful third place. He didn't impress at all at the WHC17 with the NTDP.

The Hlinka will be a good test for him, especially since the '02 birth year hasn't been impressive thus far. It will be a roster extremely short on talent as well if guys like Stranges and Schingoethe don't participate.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He led the Select 17 team in scoring at the Five Nations, but that's a weak tournament and the US finished in a woeful third place. He didn't impress at all at the WHC17 with the NTDP.

The Hlinka will be a good test for him, especially since the '02 birth year hasn't been impressive thus far. It will be a roster extremely short on talent as well if guys like Stranges and Schingoethe don't participate.

Gerard Keane is another who could be on the team, but do you think there's some reason Stranges and Schingoethe won't compete? Kaliyev was on the team last year.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Gerard Keane is another who could be on the team, but do you think there's some reason Stranges and Schingoethe won't compete? Kaliyev was on the team last year.

Stranges because he signed with the NTDP and then bailed. I'm not sure if it was his choice or USAH's choice, but after that he didn't participate in the Select 16 Player Development Camp and thus didn't play in the U17 Five Nations Tournament. Hopefully both sides bury the hatchet as Stranges selfishly needs the Hlinka headed into his draft year and USAH isn't good enough to hold grudges against talented players.

I expect Schingoethe to be there. He also didn't play in the U17 Five Nations, but if I remember correctly it was due to injury sustained at the Select 16 Player Development Camp.

Give and Go

As a Bruins fan, I hope somehow they can snag him. Om draftsite, the mock has 3 players I'm looking at that are right at the start of the third round. Bruins picking late second likely as their first pick in the draft. I'm hoping for Blake Biondi, Alex Cotton, or Carter Savoie to still be available then.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He just won the Minnesota Mr Hockey Award

Anyone have an idea of just how good he could be?

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
He just won the Minnesota Mr Hockey Award

Anyone have an idea of just how good he could be?
nice player who can make things happen, draws a lot of attention on the ice and makes plays. There is offensive upside there but he has a ways to go. Thought he was just alright in the USHL and going back to dominate high school hockey may not help him there

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Biondi has a nice size and strength to him. In a world where prospects seem to inflate their measurements, he seems like a legit, strong 6 footer who might get bigger and taller.

It's always hard to judge whether a HS'er can take his game to the next level(s). As Biondi plays on the second tier of MNHS hockey against lesser competition( like Jaxson Nelson did), it's even harder to predict how well he will do moving forward.

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
Biondi has a nice size and strength to him. In a world where prospects seem to inflate their measurements, he seems like a legit, strong 6 footer who might get bigger and taller.

It's always hard to judge whether a HS'er can take his game to the next level(s). As Biondi plays on the second tier of MNHS hockey against lesser competition( like Jaxson Nelson did), it's even harder to predict how well he will do moving forward.

Spot on. Nevermind a senior in high school playing against freshman. Looking at past drafts its very risky picking a HS player in the 1st (Jay O'Brien rings a bell). Biondi did play 10 games in USHL and only had one goal which goes back to adjusting vs the level he is playing at vs competition.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
To compare Hermantown's schedule to Luverne's is apples to oranges.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00