F Antonio Stranges - London Knights, OHL (2020, 123rd, DAL)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Beautiful goal here. 1 goal, 2 assists through 2 periods tonight. Had a goal and 2 assists last night as well. 37 points in 29 games

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
Does he play with Evangelista? If not, 13th in D+2 PPG with easier matchups doesn’t seem that special.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Does he play with Evangelista? If not, 13th in D+2 PPG with easier matchups doesn’t seem that special.

Not sure, but yeah he probably won't end up getting signed by Dallas I'd imagine. Fun player that id love to see make it to the next level, but not sure he has shown enough to earn a contract. Perhaps they will if they believe he can make it as a long term project.

Reactions: Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

Dale Hunter doesn’t like set lines. I would say he’s played more without Evangelista at even strength than with. Knights don’t really have good offensive depth behind Evangelista, Stranges, and McGurn, and Stranges is usually left to try to anchor his own line (usually to little success).

Reactions: Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
What ever happened to this guy?
Or was he never that good to begin with.

Was a sure 1st round pick at some point, relatively high.
Kept falling and falling, did got drafted thou, 123rd, by the Stars.

Nowadays, an average OHL:er. Is a 0.56 ppg career player in the OHL (130+ games)
has yet to score a goal this season for London, has just 3 assists in 5 games.
What do his stats say about him now?

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
He turned it on and got the contract, couple months back I think it was 50/50. But he earned it for sure.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
To me, he reminds me a lot of Zuccarrello actually. Both small guys. Both have kind of a weird skating ability and amazing lateral mobility. Both find unique ways to hold on to the puck and make plays. I think Stranges is underrated as a playmaker. Yes, he pulls of great moves but in the nhl not all of them will work so his play making will coming in handy.

Reactions: Synergy27

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It's not really "weird", it's a Mohawk turn. The most basic of the steps, pretty much. It's sometimes used in hockey but I think that it could be used a lot more, so it's great that Stranges is making use of it.

I've always thought that Choctaw would be a very useful turn in hockey but sadly it's not used very often. Mohawk is very static in that you essentially move along the same circle, but a Choctaw involve a change in direction. But it's an advanced figure skating step and I guess is not a priority for hockey.

Mar 12, 2009
Reminds me of Bracco in good and bad ways and skating style. Good playmaking ability, great hands, inconsistent, questionable compete level at times. Doesn't seem to have the off ice red flags Bracco had (at the time and in hindsight), though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad