F Anton Frondell - Djurgårdens IF U16, U16 Div.1 (2025 Draft)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Made his debut in U18 league the other day and scored a goal and three assists (big win for Djurgården). I have only seen him play once and he did look good. Considered by some youth coaches in the Stockholm area to be the best prospect to come out from the capital in a long time. Talked to one of his previous coaches a few weeks ago and he described him as one of the best goal scorers he has seen (at that age). I have seen other scouting reports describe him as an extraordinary playmaker.

Anyway, I bet this thread will have quite a few posts in the coming years if he is as good as advertised.

Reactions: JotAlan

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Made his debut in U18 league the other day and scored a goal and three assists (big win for Djurgården). I have only seen him play once and he did look good. Considered by some youth coaches in the Stockholm area to be the best prospect to come out from the capital in a long time. Talked to one of his previous coaches a few weeks ago and he described him as one of the best goal scorers he has seen (at that age). I have seen other scouting reports describe him as an extraordinary playmaker.

Anyway, I bet this thread will have quite a few posts in the coming years if he is as good as advertised.

Do you have information if he will remain in sub 18 or returned to sub 16? Another thing, where can I find upcoming Djugarden u18 and u16 games?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Do you have information if he will remain in sub 18 or returned to sub 16?

I bet he will play on both teams. That is usually what the top U16 and U15 players do. Djurgården has a strong group of prospects currently, so most likely he will play U18 if players are called up to U20. Most likely good enough to be a top two line player at U18 level, and probably would have been if he played for a lesser team.

Reactions: JotAlan

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Safe to say he's a gamer, my first time hearing about him was actually more about praise for who he is off the ice than anything on-ice.

That 2007 age group from Sweden is looking to be something truly special if they continue developing as they have.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Saw Frondell play today. Scored a couple of goals and looked pretty good. He clearly has a very good nose for the net but uses his teammates well too. Not a fantastic skater but it seems to work for him.

Reactions: B Boarding

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Hat-trick + assist in today's game. 6+3 in 5 games.
Goals in 3 of the 5 games. 2 multi-goal games. Leading the team in points with 4 games in hand.
Insane start, right?

Reactions: theslatcher

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A little lazy, but my first thought was Anton Lundell.

One underrated part of his game is his shooting. He wired a long range shot by Boettiger that got my notice.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Has Frondell overtaken Ekberg as the best 07 forward? I havent watched Djurgården games too much but Frondell has impressive stats, much better than Ekberg so far.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
2+2 today, 1.47ppg.
The skating seems to have improved compared to last year. Are we talking about a top 5 talent? (Pronman placed him in 13th place in his initial ranking, while Button placed him in 2nd).

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
With the first part of J20 Nationell done:

Frondell ends it with 31 points in 21 games, which is 7 more in 6 less games than the second-best scorer on Djurgården. Only 2 players (who played more than half the games) in J20 Nationell had higher ppg's. One in Norra, one in Södra.

Also: put up 1+1 in his first WJAC game last night.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad