F Andrew Cristall - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2023, 40th, WSH)

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Saw this goal the other day and then saw he was invited to Canada's U17 camp. Pretty gutsy for a 16 year old rookie to try this in the Dub. He doesn't seem he's lacking in confidence or skill

Yeah, he sure has confidence. I read an interview where his coach said basically he's just going to let him play and not hinder his offensive instincts. Not a bad idea because he doesn't know what defense is lol.

Reactions: wings5

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Agreed. Puck skills alone he is top 5 probably.

I think the challenges for him are threefold:

- needs to improve his first steps as he’s small, weak, and can’t really separate. should be his number one priority for the off-season

- needs to cool his emotions. Can’t count how many times I’ve seen him smash a stick/complain to refs/moan on the way to the bench. I like guys who wear their hearts on their sleeves, but he takes it too far on a reg basis

- needs to shore up the turnovers and his dzone play. He’s never going to kill a penalty. Like, ever. But he won’t get reps at the next level if he remains a total liability. Luckily, guys on the Rockets who can show him how to do that

I like him a lot though, with all things considered. Can’t teach that skill.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I think the challenges for him are threefold:

- needs to improve his first steps as he’s small, weak, and can’t really separate. should be his number one priority for the off-season

- needs to cool his emotions. Can’t count how many times I’ve seen him smash a stick/complain to refs/moan on the way to the bench. I like guys who wear their hearts on their sleeves, but he takes it too far on a reg basis

- needs to shore up the turnovers and his dzone play. He’s never going to kill a penalty. Like, ever. But he won’t get reps at the next level if he remains a total liability. Luckily, guys on the Rockets who can show him how to do that

I like him a lot though, with all things considered. Can’t teach that skill.

Agreed. He's very much a perimeter player. But like you said you can't teach that skill.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
The only thing I'm worried about is whether he's going to be the guy to lead this team in his draft year. Novak, and maybe Colton Dach,top scorers of Kelowna rockets,may go to AHL or NHL next year while their captain already has been overage this year.There will not be too many guys can support him in the next year.
They had a tough March,even Novak and Dach struggled badly,cristall sat for last game.Hope he get his confidence back in April.
Yes he was emotional,but he was also quick to get back into the game and had a lucid and accurate knowledge of himself that showed in his interviews.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Cristall has a 3 points night! Here are his two goals and an assistant.What's more surprising than his wonderful stats this season is that he's developing his skills, from the playmaker he was at the start of the season to the shooter and scorer he is now.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Cristall picked 1g 1a tonight. Crsitall is now the second place when it comes to points by a 16-year-old during their rookie season, Shane McColgan holds the record with 69p. Cristall have 59p(24g 35a) in 56gp.

Reactions: Bubbles

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
He picked up a primary assist on the OTG.Colton Dach passed from corner, and Cristall found their captain.(Something wrong with score box,but it's an assist.imo)

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Cristall pick up 2G+1A tonight after gave Colton Dach a beautiful feed for OTG. He tied McColgan for most points by Rockets 16-year-old rookies, but Cristall has only 61GP(include a GTD) when McColgan have 71GP for his record.

Reactions: Bubbles

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Strikes me as the exact type of guy who gets f***ing grilled in the team interview stage. I've been going to Rockets games for 20 years now and this kid is the only one who has gone full Connor McGregor in the walk-out tunnel. It's a meme in Kelowna at this point.

Hell of a talent, though.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Strikes me as the exact type of guy who gets f***ing grilled in the team interview stage. I've been going to Rockets games for 20 years now and this kid is the only one who has gone full Connor McGregor in the walk-out tunnel. It's a meme in Kelowna at this point.

Hell of a talent, though.
Can you explain this a little more? I’m confused by this post. Thanks.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
2A tonight. But rockets definitely have tough series. Cristall is Cristall, great offensive with some turnovers.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Another 2-assist night of series. But the effort he show in this game is more valuable. When Novak out due to illness in this fatal game, he stands out and do anything he had ever done and never done before. Some beautiful hits in there , instead of just waiting at ozone's blue line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad